How does a 450 lb. motorcycle get stolen?

In Ohio you can.

Over the objections of law enforcement groups, Gov. Ted Strickland today signed into law a bill that relaxes certain gun restrictions and establishes a new “castle doctrineâ€￾ for shooting an intruder in self-defense.

The legislation, Senate Bill 184, takes effect in 90 days.

It was backed by the National Rifle Association to establish a presumption that a person acted in self-defense when shooting someone who unlawfully enters his or her home or occupied vehicle. Supporters say it will protect the innocent from facing charges.

Right so you can't just shoot someone for trying to steal your bike! UNLESS you warm it up and by the time the cops get there you can say the guy tried to take it with you on it. If you did kill the thief who's going to argue the fact!:thumbsup::rofl::whistle:

With this written admission of your plan to premeditate a murder and the resulting attempt to cover it up by planting a hideaway gun on the thief is tantamount to a life sentence w/o parole or death by lethal injection. Wuzubrawtupbadorsumthin???

Number one, its not a confession to anything. I didnt say "I did it", only that I could. Number two, I dont live in a state that likes to throw around the death penalty even if if could be proven, and number three, if he's got a gun, and he's on my property with it pointed at me(I'm the only witness still alive:whistle:) Its self defense, that simple. Like I said, I just watched it all play out in court in person a little over 5 months ago. As far as being a coward.....well, if you ever come out to ride the dragon,give me a call and you can try to prove that one:laugh: As someone said earlier, you kick the **** outta him and he's just gonna own part of your paycheck for the next few years and if you call the police, the bikes gonna be gone before they get there....so what are YOU gonna do? yell out the door"please sir, dont take my bike"? C'mon???

I would think just pointing a gun at someone would make them stop.If not that's their problem.I would like no more than beating them with my bare hand's,since that's what they were using to try to take my bike.You have to be very carefull where you park your bike.It's not worth the ride to park it somewhere you would never park it normally.450lb. bike,4000lb. car, it don't matter if they want it they will get it.

theft coverage. at least you'll get something back. bottom line is if they want it they're taking it no matter what you got installed on it

Last edited:
I dont own a gun,never have and never will,too easy to get caught up in the moment and pull the trigger.

that being said,I have had to confront someone who thought it was a good idea to come into my house..he left in an ambulance.

I had a good friend of mine wake up to find someone stealing his dvd player,he chased him down the street in his underware,caught him and literally beat him until he stopped breathing,when the police came he was performing cpr on the guy,he did start breathing again and cops told him he was lucky otherwise he was getting charged with homocide.he already knew this,thats why he began CPR,... we laugh about it now but its a fk'd up situation to be in.

with a gun both of these stories would have ended different and not good for anyone,

I believe theives are the lowest scum,next to ppl that commit crimes on kids but unfortunately as somone stated above theres a thing called do process.

only time you will get off from killing someone is if its in self defense

In Ohio now that they have changed the law, all you have to do is be in fear of bodily harm. If someone is on my property without permission, I just suddenly get scared and fear bodily harm..........................:whistle:

Number one, its not a confession to anything. I didnt say "I did it", only that I could. Number two, I dont live in a state that likes to throw around the death penalty even if if could be proven, and number three, if he's got a gun, and he's on my property with it pointed at me(I'm the only witness still alive:whistle:) Its self defense, that simple. Like I said, I just watched it all play out in court in person a little over 5 months ago. As far as being a coward.....well, if you ever come out to ride the dragon,give me a call and you can try to prove that one:laugh: As someone said earlier, you kick the **** outta him and he's just gonna own part of your paycheck for the next few years and if you call the police, the bikes gonna be gone before they get there....so what are YOU gonna do? yell out the door"please sir, dont take my bike"? C'mon???

no,if someone points a gun at you ,you can kick the sh!t out of them.

I have personal experience with this,i did however get many yrs of probation but once all the evidence was laid out in court,the assault charges were dropped. the Sherriff dept filed the assault charges,it doesnt need to be the person you assaulted. a crime is a crime and assault is a crime. so if your prepared to go thru court and that expense then go ahead and knock the sh!t out of them. no one has touched my paycheck

unfortunately criminals have rights too and most of them know their way around the system

no,if someone points a gun at you ,you can kick the sh!t out of them.

I have personal experience with this,i did however get many yrs of probation but once all the evidence was laid out in court,the assault charges were dropped. the Sherriff dept filed the assault charges,it doesnt need to be the person you assaulted. a crime is a crime and assault is a crime. so if your prepared to go thru court and that expense then go ahead and knock the sh!t out of them. no one has touched my paycheck

unfortunately criminals have rights too and most of them know their way around the system

That's gotta suck, cuz here if someone points a gun at you or anyone else we can use deadly force.

this why I keep my on a leach when a Park to make it harder

No offense, but get a bigger cable. I've got a pair of bolt cutters hat will go thru that 1/2" cable like butter. Tho it does take 2 people to effectively use them. I got the 5/8" cable from home depot and these cutters ALMOST couldn't get thru it. But it would take to long for a-holes to try it and draw attention, so just imo, protect your baby a little better and get that 5/8 cable.

No offense, but get a bigger cable. I've got a pair of bolt cutters hat will go thru that 1/2" cable like butter. Tho it does take 2 people to effectively use them. I got the 5/8" cable from home depot and these cutters ALMOST couldn't get thru it. But it would take to long for a-holes to try it and draw attention, so just imo, protect your baby a little better and get that 5/8 cable.

battery operated Dewalt grinder will cut thru anything in seconds and cost like $65

battery operated Dewalt grinder will cut thru anything in seconds and cost like $65

no argument there, but we actually tried the grinder on the cable and it took quite a while. plus, a grinder might draw a little attention:whistle:

Not so much. We are even immune from civil lawsuits. :thumbsup:

Yep, laws different in every state. Luckly, some of us live in states that give us the right to defend our property. I do remember seeing on the news about a guy in Florida that shot an armed intruder IN HIS HOME and was still convicted of 2nd degree murder. Glad I dont live in one of those"criminal rights" states,lol. Anyway, Like I was saying, they had my uncle charged with 1st degree murder....He did a few hours in jail, went to court 3 times. All charges were dropped and he even got his bail money and guns back. I'm not afraid at all to defend whats mine here. :thumbsup:

Now back on topic. Even most of the "heavy duty" cables can be cut with a "heavy duty" set of bolt cutters(the kind that ratchet down) in about 5 seconds. As people have pointed out, get full coverage(with gap if you owe more than retail) and try not to ever leave the bike outta your site. I live in a mobile home so I dont have a garage, but I do have a well built wooden building with both a deadbolt type lock and a hasp lock and the front entrance is even with my bedroom window so I can scope things out if I hear someone out there...but everyone has to sleep sometime....unfortunately, so I still worry about her every night,lol.

Thats why you're better off killing him, tossing a junk gun in his hand before you call the police, and getting a good lawyer than you are beating the crap outta him. Of course, this is assuming that this is happening at YOUR house....not in public. The system doesnt work, its been proven to me time and time again so I'm taking care of it myself. If he's not alive, he cant press charges. And if he has a gun...its self defense. You may go to court a few times and even spend a few hours in jail, but in the end, you're better off and theres one less piece of **** walking around stealing peoples ****. Like I said, I have no tolorance for thieves!
The best part of that is knowing you personally got to exact the final penalty to the scum. Although I would enjoy just putting lots of hurt on a real deserving sole as well. I know different states have limits on the force used to protect your property,but from what I'm aware of you can use whatever force is required to protect yourself...including deadly force. The trick is proving it :laugh: In my state you're allowed to use "equal force". You can pretty much kill somebody if you're jumped by multiple armed muggers, and you happen to get the upper hand...ask me how I know ;) One on one if the guy trying to steal your bike has a screwdriver or anything resembling a weapon and you have nothing, and he decides to attack you (hint) ;) , if your able you could probably beat him to within an inch of his life and be okay. Both unarmed they would go by size of combatants....same size you could rough him up fairly well, he's smaller not as much, he's bigger a little more. If he's substantially bigger and unarmed a weapon like a club or bat could be alright, as long as you don't cross what a jury would consider the line from defense to assault :whistle: But you can cause someone a whole lot of pain without breaking bones or causing permanent head trauma :laugh: I've been through it, and in my state its kind of a grey area. Mostly though it goes by a bit of common sense. Remember, it would be a jury deciding ;) If they break into your residence though everything changes , you get substantially more leeway :laugh:
BTW this isn't legal advice just my personal experiences ;)

Last edited:
Thanks all for the input. The toughest scenario to defend against is the one completely unanticipated.

Not to turn this into an insurance thread, but I was having a tough time justifying $2k/yr. quote for full coverage insurance on a $10k bike for a mid thirties age rider with good driving record. The insurance company is basically expecting it to get stolen or totaled within four years at that price.

I'll check with State Farm, as most here have recommended. I can't see justifying more than $500 - $750 yr. for full coverage on a motorcycle.

Thanks again everyone.

Good luck with the insurance! I have a 08 busa and my insurance is slightly over 2k a year and I'm 35. I have progressive. Geico wouldn't insure me because they paid for my last bike that got stolen.

Wow I'm paying just a little over that for 5 vehicles fully ins. with State farm.

Thanks all for the input. The toughest scenario to defend against is the one completely unanticipated.

Not to turn this into an insurance thread, but I was having a tough time justifying $2k/yr. quote for full coverage insurance on a $10k bike for a mid thirties age rider with good driving record. The insurance company is basically expecting it to get stolen or totaled within four years at that price.

I'll check with State Farm, as most here have recommended. I can't see justifying more than $500 - $750 yr. for full coverage on a motorcycle.

Thanks again everyone.

$345 With Nationwide

Liability only

$1200 full

Back