How does a 450 lb. motorcycle get stolen?

But wouldn't you just want to catch them in the act? I think that is the worst part of it all. Them thinking that they can just take from you what you worked hard for, and earned?
And then seeing their faces when you approach them with a baseball bat and take care of business!
The worst part is NOT ever knowing who did it or what ever happened to your bike.
and YES, i had a 14K bike stolen from the front of my house and had no insurance to cover it...
Never saw it again... sux

A few years back, a friend of mine actually caught a guy inside his BMW Tii on a street in Berkeley. The guy had just started on the stereo and didn't see my friend coming at all. There was no need to call the police and make a report....Catching someone in the act must be the coolest thing ever!:thumbsup:

I'm telling you ! If you never had your bike stolen it sucks! My last bike was stolen from my old apartment the first night I moved in. Come to find out They had stole two bikes a week before I moved in and the apartment place said nothing about it. That should be a law to where they have to inform you of any previous crime in the area. When the cop came to get a report he said that thay take a conversion van and gut it out and just roll your **** up in there. With my 08 busa that's the first thing I did was to get a lo jack (early warning) If my bike moves a certain distance I get a call, an email, a text, and my wife gets called. It cost me almost $900 but I think it's worth it. I don't no how true it is but I heard If you shoot and kill someone if you catch them jacking your bike you're going to jail eventhough they was stealing your ****. What kind of mess is that!

Last edited:
Regarding your statement, "I don't no how true it is but I heard If you shoot and kill someone if you catch them jacking your bike you're going to jail eventhough they was stealing your ****. What kind of mess is that!"

This is America. Its called Due Process. Think about what you're saying. Death, is not the punishment for theft.

I don't no how true it is but I heard If you shoot and kill someone if you catch them jacking your bike you're going to jail eventhough they was stealing your ****. What kind of mess is that!

It depends largely on the circumstances and where you are. My uncle just got off 5 months ago for shooting someone down in his front yard. And I WILL plant an unregistered gun in your hand(not that I just have one laying around or anything:whistle:) after I put one in you and before the police show up so if someone wants this bike....come and get it! I'm not screwing around with these chicken **** thieves anymore. If you think you're gonna break into someones garage and take something that they worked hard for just because you're too lazy to get a job and buy it yourself...then you deserve whatever you get, wether it be a bullet in your head or bubba shoving 10 inches up your ass every night in cell block c!:rant: Sorry for the rant...I've got serious issues with this!

i feel everyones pain my busa was stolen on september 15th and honestly i felt so violated seriously. came home 10pm from riding left bike out back of house was watching the news and fell asleep woke up a little after 1 in the morning and the busa was gone never to be seen again thank god for insurance im still debating with them on a final payout and its been since september they should be paying it off soon.

Unfortunately, you can't use deadly force to protect property. This means that if you caught someone in the act of stealing your ride, that wasn't posing a danger to you, and you beat sparks off of him or worse, then most likely you will end up being charged as well. This will also open you up to civil suits, whereby the thief that you spanked is now suing you for emotional and physical distress.

It sucks big time, but it has happened.

I have had two bikes stolen over the years.

Thats why you're better off killing him, tossing a junk gun in his hand before you call the police, and getting a good lawyer than you are beating the crap outta him. Of course, this is assuming that this is happening at YOUR house....not in public. The system doesnt work, its been proven to me time and time again so I'm taking care of it myself. If he's not alive, he cant press charges. And if he has a gun...its self defense. You may go to court a few times and even spend a few hours in jail, but in the end, you're better off and theres one less piece of **** walking around stealing peoples ****. Like I said, I have no tolorance for thieves!

It's crazy ! So if you see someone stealing your bike you're suppose to sit there and watch them do it. I mean you can call the police but by the time they get there your bike is gone. I would rather shoot him because the theif knows what could happen to him if someone catches him. Aparently CbxRider never had his **** stolen or anything else for that matter.

Terry, did you have to take off a mirror to get through the door frame? Left mine outside overnight once at a Motel 6 and was not comfortable at all.

Bad%20neighborhood%20motel%20room%20%28Medium%29.JPG

What does the weight of a vehicle have to do with how it gets stolen?

Because if it weighed 150 lbs. I could more easily understand how one person could lift it up into a truck and drive away.

Since I don't live in the 'hood, I had not considered a team of criminals working together as a problem to overcome, and in my ignorance I was unable to understand why fork locks, disc locks, etc were ineffective in preventing theft.

Bear with me. I'm a little slow. :bowdown:

It's crazy ! So if you see someone stealing your bike you're suppose to sit there and watch them do it. I mean you can call the police but by the time they get there your bike is gone. I would rather shoot him because the theif knows what could happen to him if someone catches him. Aparently CbxRider never had his **** stolen or anything else for that matter.

Who the hell said you have to just sit there? Take back your property! I would, or at least try but I'm not about to take someone's life in exchange for a motorcycle. Only a coward would just up and shoot him.

It depends largely on the circumstances and where you are. My uncle just got off 5 months ago for shooting someone down in his front yard. And I WILL plant an unregistered gun in your hand(not that I just have one laying around or anything:whistle:) after I put one in you and before the police show up so if someone wants this bike....come and get it! I'm not screwing around with these chicken **** thieves anymore. If you think you're gonna break into someones garage and take something that they worked hard for just because you're too lazy to get a job and buy it yourself...then you deserve whatever you get, wether it be a bullet in your head or bubba shoving 10 inches up your ass every night in cell block c!:rant: Sorry for the rant...I've got serious issues with this!

With this written admission of your plan to premeditate a murder and the resulting attempt to cover it up by planting a hideaway gun on the thief is tantamount to a life sentence w/o parole or death by lethal injection. Wuzubrawtupbadorsumthin???

What an eye!:thumbsup: I have delrin 1" spacers and didn't want to accidently scrape anything.

so your mirrors don't fold in? when my (factory) mirrors are folded in the widest thing is my handlebars. if the spacers are at the base, i would have thought they would be about the same (folded).

Who the hell said you have to just sit there? Take back your property! I would, or at least try but I'm not about to take someone's life in exchange for a motorcycle. Only a coward would just up and shoot him.

Agreed, kind of. I think the "only a coward" bit applies to the thief, not the owner. Still, I'm hard pressed to have an issue with an owner that lays out a thief that gets caught in the cat of removing $12,000 plus dollars. If you consider that it's wrong to take a life over "property", then isn't wrong to take life by taking property? B/c that's exactly what a thief is doing by stealing a Hayabusa. I don't know about you, but it took me close to two years to execute my plan for acquiring my bike. If stolen, that's close to two years wasted that I worked very hard for, so hasn't the thief that gets away taken life unjustly?

If I caught them in the act of taking my ride..."Well say hello to my little friend .357 2" snub nose!!! You then have a choice to run away or wait for the cops!!":rulez:

Unfortunately, you can't use deadly force to protect property. This means that if you caught someone in the act of stealing your ride, that wasn't posing a danger to you, and you beat sparks off of him or worse, then most likely you will end up being charged as well. This will also open you up to civil suits, whereby the thief that you spanked is now suing you for emotional and physical distress.

It sucks big time, but it has happened.

I have had two bikes stolen over the years.

In Ohio you can.

Over the objections of law enforcement groups, Gov. Ted Strickland today signed into law a bill that relaxes certain gun restrictions and establishes a new “castle doctrineâ€￾ for shooting an intruder in self-defense.

The legislation, Senate Bill 184, takes effect in 90 days.

It was backed by the National Rifle Association to establish a presumption that a person acted in self-defense when shooting someone who unlawfully enters his or her home or occupied vehicle. Supporters say it will protect the innocent from facing charges.

The coward is the thief that's stealing your ****. Yeah go take back your property and give him a chance to shoot you. Do you think he cares! Yeah he cares that's why he's stealing your bike. You know the one you work hard to get,the one that you bought all those nice chrome pieces for. If I catch you stealing my bike you getting shoot.

Back