How do you reason with someone...

touché. you have me there sir. i've never understood the BMW. (big military wives) i just don't get it. their husband has a good job (not great, but it pays most of the bills), is in at least decent shape, and we're usually pretty squared away. how do so many soldiers end up with fat, uninteresting, unattractive wives who don't take care of themselves.

Off topic rant on:
People eat and do other things for different reasons. Its usually the people that have NEVER had weight problems that are the first to complain about overweight people being lazy, ugly, and uninteresting. Some people are just programmed differently than others. I'm glad you have the perfect genetics to pull off a perfect body. I don't. I also don't find the need to spend 12 hours a day in a gym to get it. I'm happy the way I am and if you aren't happy the way I am, I don't care. The fact that "BMW's" exist most likely is due to stress and/or other variables that you don't get to see or the fact that many women are just programmed that way. Who are you to say that big isn't beautiful?
Rant off..

Back to topic rant.
I agree with both sides of this argument but more to the fact that healthcare just needs price adjustment more than government intervention..

no one deserves anything that they didn't earn...if you want health care, put yourself in a place to be able to afford it...if you want food, get a job so you can buy some...if you want respect, treat me the way you want to be treated and that includes keeping your hand out of my pocket trying to get a free ride...we have about 6.5 billion too many people on the face of the Earth and most of the world's problems could be fixed by letting the trash die off instead of continuing to feed them and give them healthcare...just my $.02

If you were a doctor and the homeless man down the street knocks on your door with a broken arm, will you chase him back out to the street?

If you found a doggie, with no collar and no identification chip lying in front of your door with a broken foot, would you put him back out to the street?

If you were a doctor and the homeless man down the street knocks on your door with a broken arm, will you chase him back out to the street?

If you found a doggie, with no collar and no identification chip lying in front of your door with a broken foot, would you put him back out to the street?

I see your point trust me. But if I was broke and down on my luck for whatever other reasons and couldn't afford to do either of these two, no I wouldn't...

Which leads back to the fact that we dump millions in aid overseas when we can't take care of our own..

I see your point trust me. But if I was broke and down on my luck for whatever other reasons and couldn't afford to do either of these two, no I wouldn't...

Which leads back to the fact that we dump millions in aid overseas when we can't take care of our own..

That second sentence is a very sore subject, but also a very complicated subject. Money is just paper, or numbers somewhere in an electronic database, it is the value of what it represents that counts. It's how we keep global investors from wanting US Dollars, which in turn turns the money into brick and mortar. Very long complicated subject. Believe it or not, but executing Bin Laden has an enormous financial benefit to the United States.

I guess we are digressing?

Cured my second stage melanoma for free. I didn't pay a dime. We spend less of our GDP, everyone is covered, nobody goes bankrupt in my country because of medical bill. Politicians in Canada on both the right and the left realize Canadians love their health care and it would be political suicide to suggest dismantling it. But hey you keep drinking the cooperate insurance industry koolaid reports concocted by them to keep you paying the most for the least services.

There, you heard from a Canadian. :moon: :laugh:

cheers
ken

You are sadly mistaken!

If you indeed did receive free health care then your friends, neighbors and relatives who actually had a job, PAID for your health care.

And just so you know, the reason your country spends less on health care is due to fewer services and long lines to get the services that are available.

I have lots of canadian friends in Canada and few of them are happy with their health care. One of my friends waited eight months to get a knee operation. The ones who can afford it, come to the US for much of their health care.

I have lots of canadian friends in Canada and few of them are happy with their health care. One of my friends waited eight months to get a knee operation. The ones who can afford it, come to the US for much of their health care.

Not that it matters, but after "insurance" I still owed $1500 to "fix" my shoulder, and it took me longer than 8 months to save up that amount of money. I'd have gladly waited the same amount of time instead of saving for that long. Again, I'm AGAINST Gov't healthcare, just saying this insurance crap isn't all its cracked up to be either...

no one deserves anything that they didn't earn...if you want health care, put yourself in a place to be able to afford it...if you want food, get a job so you can buy some...if you want respect, treat me the way you want to be treated and that includes keeping your hand out of my pocket trying to get a free ride...we have about 6.5 billion too many people on the face of the Earth and most of the world's problems could be fixed by letting the trash die off instead of continuing to feed them and give them healthcare...just my $.02

I don't know that I totally agree with this semi. I do agree it isn't the Federal Government's responsibility to pay their way in life by forcibly making me pay their bills. I believe that people with means are charitible and most want to give back to their communities. People who want to give their money to help heat homes, provide food and shelter to the homeless, help pay someone's medical bills should have the avenue to do so with low administrative costs involved. This can really only be accomplished at the local levels. To collect the money via taxation, decide how to distribute it, oversee the distribution, etc by a centralized body brings high administrative costs. It also forces people to pay for things to which they are morally opposed. Oversight is much less effective on the large scale, opening the door wider to fraud and abuse.

To collect the money via taxation, decide how to distribute it, oversee the distribution, etc by a centralized body brings high administrative costs. It also forces people to pay for things to which they are morally opposed..

This is already happening. I'm paying for schooling that without children am not using, and to add to that fact, if I DID have kids, I certainly wouldn't be sending them to the Milwaukee Public School district. I'd RATHER pay for someones healthcare that they will use rather than their schooling which they choose to skip out of.. I know, apples to oranges, and again I swear I'm against it, just sayin.. :whistle: :laugh:

This is already happening. I'm paying for schooling that without children am not using, and to add to that fact, if I DID have kids, I certainly wouldn't be sending them to the Milwaukee Public School district. I'd RATHER pay for someones healthcare that they will use rather than their schooling which they choose to skip out of.. I know, apples to oranges, and again I swear I'm against it, just sayin.. :whistle: :laugh:

I know it is already happening. Its a cancer that's killing htis Country, and there are many people wanting to feed the cancer.

Shouldn’t a community be limited to only services their tax dollars can pay for?

Think about it this way, if only those who pay into the system should get something out of it, shouldn’t it be the same for states and communities? Why should the rest of us pay millions of dollars for a police/fire stations, vehicles and cops/firefighters in Podunk when hardly any of the people there work?

Who is this country is guaranteed free police or fire services. Did you know your tax dollars are going to small towns and rural areas that can’t afford services like fire, police, roads, utilities or infrastructure? Where in the constitution does it say our government should provide those services to less fortunate communities? So what is their house burns down or gets robbed. They should live in a more affluent area.

All that to say, there is a benifit to providing things for the less fortunate and yes sometimes the lazy. All of us, individuals and corperations, benifit from it, even though sometines it is hard to see or understand how.

Those of you who like to point to the laziness or abuse of these services need to look at who actually benifits from the handouts. Once you discover that, you will see why there isn't a big push to end the abuse.

Well to your example, it would be the choice of the doctor or the heart of the person to help the dog.... The government was never involved in telling the doctor he had to do it and what he could charge....

Well to your example, it would be the choice of the doctor or the heart of the person to help the dog.... The government was never involved in telling the doctor he had to do it and what he could charge....

True.

What I fail to understand are medical costs. Personally I stay away from doctors, but when I crashed on the track in VA, examination, X-Rays and a set of crutches cost $1,400. Was that costs plus margin, or did I have to pay that much because I had good insurance and could afford it, so I had to carry the costs of those who get free treatment?

Actually, no, I haven't, but I understand his wife is mad at him for something the dog recently did that Adam tracked back into the house.... must be a fearsome animal! :laugh:

:rofl:

I am right now at this moment formulating new medicines from what I got off his shoe.
I'll send you a free sample if you like :laugh:

I'd rather not bomb people who don't deserve it either, just sometimes those that deserve bombing like to cower beside those that don't. NO rational person wants to bomb people for the fun of it - Except for Al Queda, that is....but they aren't rational...

That's the thing...it is not free. It is paid for by the people. How is it your responsibility to pay for your neighbors health care?

One could argue that it rates up there with the responsibility we share for paying for our police force, teachers, firemen, military..

I have health care coverage. I pay a pretty nice premium for that healthcare coverage. I rarely need or use it for myself, but I engage in some arguably high-risk recreation and it's nice to have the peace of mind. But that's where it gets crazy. I don't have that peace of mind. My daughter (now 8) needed some care during her first few years. Anytime I submitted a claim, it was initially denied and I had to call and fight to get her expenses covered. How does that work?

It's not supposed to work that way. Healthcare as a for-profit enterprise is a fail. Left, right, center, Tea Party, Log Cabin, whatever... The health care fiasco in this country NEEDS a good swift kick in the mouth.

Back