HR 3962 - To provide affordable, quality health care for all Americans and reduce

How many pages of HR 3962 have you read for yourself?

• 301-500

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 501-750

• 751-1000

• 1001-1500

• 1501-1750

• 1751+

• All of them!

• Total voters

MelodicMetalGod

Registered
HR 3962, aka "Obamacare", aka Affordable Health Care for America Act

So, here's the document, as I was able to find it:
http://housedocs.house.gov/rules/health/111_ahcaa.pdf

So I have a few questions and I thought y'all might be able to help out with some answers:

1) Is this the complete/latest document? If not, please post it up if it's available.

2) This doc is 1990 pages of painful reading. Has anyone read the whole thing?

3) I'm guessing that the answer to #2 above is "No" for most of us. If that's true, how do we form an opinion, especially a voting opinion, on the content?

I look forward to your feedback. Thanks!

PS: I'm thinkin' that next week we can review the tax code. Sure, it's now up to over 73,000 pages, but I understand that are a lot of pictures! ;)

1. ?

2. No

3. No form of nationalized healthcare can be ran properly. We cannot afford it as a nation or individually.

I have to agree with Mike, the federal government isn't capable of managing anything.

the fact that this bill passed narrowly in a democratically controlled congress speaks volumes. The bill, as I read the first 150 pages anyway, seems to cover a ton of things and also includes a ton of ways around it, not the least of which is that the people passing it do not have to be held to it. Again something that should speak volumes and loudly to all Americans regardless of party lines.

Obama's pledge in 08 was to have a transparency in the congress about laws, etc. Not only has that never happened, not even a little bit, but all you have to do is manage the first 100 pages to realize that there's no possible way for the average citizen to fully grasp what they are reading. There needs to be an overhaul to the insurance and healthcare system in the country without doubt but this is not the path forward. In fact I offer that this will actually do nothing but reduce our overall coverage and quality of care while forcing a majority of Americans to participate in it as insurance premiums sky rocket for private plans. It was written by folks that know little about healthcare, even less about finance and without apparent concern for long term prosperity.

Growing up I always heard that you should work hard to get a good job, make a good living and have good benefits. If all I have to do is sit on my ass and collect food stamps, govt $$ and the same health care bene's as the guy killing himself to make 50k or 100k a year, why on earth would I work ???

A better quwstion would be how many of congress read the entire bill before voting for it? I remember Nancy P. saying that we need to get this passed so we can see what we have, that sounds very responsible to me. :whistle:

abetter quwstion would be how many of congress read the entire bill before voting for it? I remember Nancy P. saying that we need to get this passed so we can see what we have, that sounds very responsible to me. :whistle:

Indeed. And if you randomly asked the members of congress that voted for the bill to list for you 10 things the bill does, I bet none of them could do it. They didnt read it and some argue its not their job to read it, they have "staff" for that....guess I missed that when I was listening to candidate's tell me how good they are. :laugh:

Does Medicare ring a bell?

Medicare is laced with massive fraud. Yet no one seems to care since it's the tax payer who foots the bill.

Obama care will dwarf Medicare.

You cannot "Un-ring" a bell. :dunno:

I'm discouraged with the entire crowd on Pennsylvania Avenue.

The sad part is we only have two choices in November. Choose wisely my friends. :please:

I read the cliff notes :laugh:

Ill have to disagree with many. I do believe we as the richest nation on earth should have easy to get free medical care. It is just something I think if done right can be achieved here. Problem is how to do it? I don't see any in congress honestly concerned for my well being as they are just making themselves look good. The Govt has at times achieved great things, just not recently.

I read the cliff notes :laugh:

Ill have to disagree with many. I do believe we as the richest nation on earth should have easy to get free medical care. It is just something I think if done right can be achieved here. Problem is how to do it? I don't see any in congress honestly concerned for my well being as they are just making themselves look good. The Govt has at times achieved great things, just not recently.

We are not the richest nation. We have the greatest healthcare system, its about to go out the window.

Here's an eight page summary that is less painful to read......

http://www.kff.org/healthreform/upload/housebill_final.pdf

IMHO, any 1990 page document that can be summarized in 8 pages should ONLY BE 8 pages in the first place! Well, maybe up to 32 pages. ;) If there's only 8 pages worth of valuable content, why on earth is it nearly 2000 pages?!?!?!? One reason is that it's a lot easier to hide all the details in a 1990 page document. Hmmm... ???

IMHO, any 1990 page document that can be summarized in 8 pages should ONLY BE 8 pages in the first place! Well, maybe up to 32 pages. ;) If there's only 8 pages worth of valuable content, why on earth is it nearly 2000 pages?!?!?!? One reason is that it's a lot easier to hide all the details in a 1990 page document. Hmmm... ???

I suspect the summation was done to define the bulk of the intent of the legislation but almost certainly does not capture all of the legislative items, including the bits no one wants folks to read.....thats why its 1900+ pages :whistle:

I suspect the summation was done to define the bulk of the intent of the legislation but almost certainly does not capture all of the legislative items, including the bits no one wants folks to read.....thats why its 1900+ pages :whistle:

Hmmm...you might be on to something there! ;) :beerchug:

Back