How do i dyno this thing?

POWERHOUSE

Frank
Donating Member
Registered
This bike was a lot of fun to ride, but I have trouble blending in with it. Now I just have to figure out how to get it on the dyno . . . .:laugh:

3WHEELBUS.JPG

3WHEELBUS1.JPG

3WHEELBUS3.JPG

From what I can see, I'm really digging the paint also. Any detail shots?

Not sure I'd buy one (trike busa) maybe if I had unlimited money... Or one leg or something.

This particular customer has about ten bikes, three of which have been featured in various magazines. I'll try to get some better shots, tomorrow is gonna be crappy . . . the next time we get some sun over here I'll take better pics and post them up.:poke:

I've put together a couple spyders with some neat suspension upgrades and sticky rubber. A hard corner and the fact the bike doesn't lean over makes you feel the gyro effect. Centrifugal force tries to pitch you off if you're not ready for it. The round tire looks good in the rear, but depending on the lean angles the bike can achieve, a flatter profile tire may perform better. That being said, I know this is a form over function bike. Neat concept either way.

Build a ramp system on either side of the dyno with a bracing that cradles into the Dynojet wheel chock. That's my suggestion. Then four point strap it.

Personally, I say put a datalogger on and just tune on road.

I've put together a couple spyders with some neat suspension upgrades and sticky rubber. A hard corner and the fact the bike doesn't lean over makes you feel the gyro effect. Centrifugal force tries to pitch you off if you're not ready for it. The round tire looks good in the rear, but depending on the lean angles the bike can achieve, a flatter profile tire may perform better. That being said, I know this is a form over function bike. Neat concept either way.

Build a ramp system on either side of the dyno with a bracing that cradles into the Dynojet wheel chock. That's my suggestion. Then four point strap it.

Personally, I say put a datalogger on and just tune on road.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already knew how I was going to dyno it before it arrived. You see, my dyno is not in the middle of the shop floor, I have a dedicated room that has sound-deadening recording room foam panels, and an air circulation system that changes the air in the room three times a minute . . . in addition to two cooling fans in the front of the bike. The one problem is the door of the room, which the front wheels will not get past. The actual solution is to back the bike into the room and get the rear tire on the roller and run the roller backwards. The front end and two front wheels will be sticking out of the room, but I will be able to strap it down and custom map it. I am not a big fan of datalogging, since I prefer to tune point to point.

And yes, although it is a neat concept and "form over function" - as many "show" bikes are, it is very much fun to ride, and everybody (including the cops, unfortunately) notice you right away . . .:laugh:

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already knew how I was going to dyno it before it arrived. You see, my dyno is not in the middle of the shop floor, I have a dedicated room that has sound-deadening recording room foam panels, and an air circulation system that changes the air in the room three times a minute . . . in addition to two cooling fans in the front of the bike. The one problem is the door of the room, which the front wheels will not get past. The actual solution is to back the bike into the room and get the rear tire on the roller and run the roller backwards. The front end and two front wheels will be sticking out of the room, but I will be able to strap it down and custom map it. I am not a big fan of datalogging, since I prefer to tune point to point.

And yes, although it is a neat concept and "form over function" - as many "show" bikes are, it is very much fun to ride, and everybody (including the cops, unfortunately) notice you right away . . .:laugh:

I was curious if the dyno could be run backward.

Back