Hogs

I wore a Harley Tee Shirt at a bike night in Indy a couple of years back. Rode my Busa there. Had a guy ask me why I was wearing the shirt.(like it was the wrong thing to do) Told him that I could not afford a Harley. He kind of smiled about that. I went on to tell him that I didn't think I could afford something that went slow and took a while to stop either but the Shirt was on sale when I bought it. He quit smiling for some reason after that??? Harley riders can be fun to mess with at times.

As a footnote, I have owned five(5) different Harleys over the years too. Am not one of those Harley haters either.

Wanna really mess em up. wear a busa jacket and ride a harley that day....
No Busa jacket but I've ridden my Harley with my Corona jacket.
Left my Busa at a friends house for detailing and picked up my Harley.

I know I looked funny....so I just laughed the whole way home.
laugh.gif

I think people buy a bike with a reputation and get into it too much
with prima donna attitudes. Both camps. I could care less, I ride what I like.

I took up the suggestions by members above to check out the HD forums and and found a lot of this... and worse even. I had to stop reading as I was getting nausious.

"Posts: 45
Status: offline My neighbor raced his busa, low 8's. I rode it before he tricked it out. Damn thing wouldn't turn,just wants to go straight.Worthless in my opinion.By the way he sold it and bought a wideglide and loves it. "
LOL - So he didn't like it, he's entitled to an opinion. Big deal.

Those bastards, they downtalked a Hayabusa.....how dare they....get a lynching party.
LynchingVillagers.gif

Seems to me there are 2 types of harley riders..The once who just love to ride and will wave to anyone and everyone..Then you have the ones who own a harley because they think it makes them look tough..They are just too bada$$ to ever let anyone see them wave ..Ive pulled into parking lots and had a group of guys on Harleys say whoa thats a Hayabusa I need to check that out..They arent all bad..Just the ones trying to be bad
Yup, you got that right. To each his (her) own. You just have those snobs on Massey Ferguson's .. oops I mean Harley's that they think they're it because they ride a bike from the "motor company" and then you have the others that are RIDERS no mater what they ride. So just ignore those apes and wave at them anyway. Sooner or later they'll catch on that we ALL are riders and should stick together. Like the old saying goes : all for one and one for all !

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
kreator @ May 18 2008 said:
1422150[/ATTACH] PM]
You are not going to find people crying about busa riders on the Harley forums.
Exactly.

Seems to be quite common around here though.
Shows the age gap.

Yes, I've read the several threads for Harleys and Cruisers
on about 4 of the various HD forums I'm a member of too.

www.hdforums.com
www.cyclechat.com
etc
age gap
rock.gif
damn how old do you gotta be to ride a harley?
dunno.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

I try to acknowledge other riders on the road including hawg riders as well but they seem to be a bit snobby. So I console myself by thinking that they are riding the finest chrome-plated boat anchors on the planet...I feel much better now....
rofl.gif
I look at mine as a $25,000 stereo. That's about all it got used for at the Dragon this last weekend.

Hill_Climb_026.jpg

Wanna really mess em up. wear a busa jacket and ride a harley that day....
Been there done that. The other way around also.
Yup, me too.   My husband thinks someone's gonna kick my butt one of these days - especially when I'm wearing my "Harley Chicks Kick Butt" shirt on the 'busa.  But, it hasn't happened yet.  I live on the edge.
I like to tell people that i'm a member of HOG ( Hayabusa owners group )

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
kreator @ May 18 2008 said:
1423023[/ATTACH] PM]
You are not going to find people crying about busa riders on the Harley forums.
Exactly.

Seems to be quite common around here though.
Shows the age gap.

Yes, I've read the several threads for Harleys and Cruisers
on about 4 of the various HD forums I'm a member of too.

www.hdforums.com
www.cyclechat.com
etc
age gap
rock.gif
dunno.gif
+1 - that comment made no sense to me either.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Appears that snobs ride all kinds of motorcycles, here...and there. Why anyone gives a shiite is what I don't get. No response needed thank you, that was a rhetorical statement.
whistling.gif
ohthedrama.gif
lol1.gif

I ride a big twin and a Busa.
I almost never wave first, but I do wave back reguardless of what bike I am on. And when on the twin, sportbike riders rarely never wave first. Sometimes they do when I am in my full face black on black Arai.

I don't take it personal or care why they may not have waved. It never mattered that much to me what a stranger does.

I experience this sometimes to. I came to the conclusion a couple of years ago. When a friend I worked with asked me that. "His brother-in-law wanted to know why people on other bikes wave to him." That some people just don't know its custumary to wave to fellow bikers. As more people start riding because of gas prices it will become more common.

I waive at them all, if I know they saw me and they don't waive back I try to give them a quick bird before they pass. Maybe they'll know what that means.

age gap
rock.gif
dunno.gif

No requirement age, they just tend to be older as a whole,
more established in their lives, and more mature in general.
The price of the bikes keep them out of reach for many young guys.

There are more kids riding sport bikes then Harleys.
They're cheaper, they're more fun, and crazier, but along with
that comes alot of whiney punks who complain about alot of dumb things.

By no means does this stereotype EVERYONE into either category,
I'm speaking in the sense of "generally speaking"
It's just an observation from my experience in both scenes.

I consider a Hayabusa somewhere in between, hence it's a Sport touring bike.
So you have a little of both for this club.

Back