Hogs

bstamper

Registered
I always enjoy coming upon other bikes on the road. I wave no matter who or what realizing this guy is just as happy as I am right now. So today on my way home from work I'm cruising along (probably with a big goofy grin on my face) and i see a bike up ahead that i'm catching up to. As i catch up i realize its a sport bike and just due to traffic flow I'm going to pass him. As i get ready to jump into the other lane i look in my mirror and there is another bike. A hog i can see right away. The guy in a bandana and the skull and cross-bones on his shirt. So as i pull out to pass the other bike i wave he waves we exchange the grin and i look back and see him wave to the guy on the hog...not even an acknowledgment. So i pull back into the other lane after i complete my pass and the guy goes to pass me. I wave....you guessed it nothing. So why? I see the generousity that makes up this board and get acknowledged by most all other riders out there...but there is this one type. I'm sure its not just an "I have a hog" thing. I'm sure members of this board not only have a busa but a hog as well. Anyway just venting i guess.
rant.gif

Hog riders generally think they are the ONLY REAL MOTORCYCLE riders out there
sadnews.gif
. As one I heard a couple of years ago say at a local cycle parts store," Everyone wants a Harley, either they have one or Dream about owning one"
whistling.gif
 . Well, in his Dreams anyway
puke.gif
. Ya really had to see this guy to appreciate it. 5 foot 10" both tall and around the waist, and just as scummy dressed as you could get. A real symbol of human debri
banghead.gif
, and he needed a bath. When he left, the Owner (who is a really big Harley Guy and a Great Guy himself) just looked at me and LAUGHED  
rofl.gif
 Just don't let the lower species in that crowd get to Ya. As I say, " SIMPLE THINGS for SIMPLE MINDS". On the other side, there are alot of real friendly HOG riders, so just keep waving  
hello.gif

I'm like you, I wave to everybody no matter if they are on a scooter, moped, "Hog" or whatever.  I'm just happy to be ridin'.

I've only been riding one year and I don't get "the snobery" thing either.  

Something to do with "Harley" being the only "real motorcycle" and the rest are just pretenders.  Was just talking this over with a friend today.

Or amybe that guy was just a d*ck.

Well this guy and many others aren't on a Harley. I can't limit this to a particular manufacturer like Harley. I get your point tho on the stereotype. The long beard, black t-shirt w/ ripped off sleaves, no helmet, bandana guy on a harley. This is why I named the thread hogs. I have many harley guys wave as well but there is this one "type" of biker riding a hog who just doesn't think anyone else exists.

One of my best friends rides a Harley and when we ride together some of the other Harley riders don't know whether to wave or not.

I try to acknowledge other riders on the road including hawg riders as well but they seem to be a bit snobby. So I console myself by thinking that they are riding the finest chrome-plated boat anchors on the planet...I feel much better now....
rofl.gif

I always return a wave, but never wave first due to some strange insecurity. At the very least, I give a head nod if I'm on the clutch and brake.

Well this guy and many others aren't on a Harley. I can't limit this to a particular manufacturer like Harley. I get your point tho on the stereotype. The long beard, black t-shirt w/ ripped off sleaves, no helmet, bandana guy on a harley. This is why I named the thread hogs. I have many harley guys wave as well but there is this one "type" of biker riding a hog who just doesn't think anyone else exists.
I throw 2 down at everyone I see on my Busa.
I throw 2 down at everyone I see on my Harley.

Granted, I've noticed SOME Harley riders don't wave, and I've noticed
some rocket riders don't either. I just assume they're crab assin or
newb riders.

In my 30 years of riding, I have found BMW riders do not wave to anyone up here in Canada. 50% of Harley riders will wave... or maybe that 50% are Japanese look'alikes... it's getting so hard to tell them apart these days.

Mike B

they dont wave cause the bike handles so poorly to begin with even with two hands on the bars
laugh.gif

I wave at harleys
scooters too
small kids in the back of mini vans
their moms too
get a wave
cows
well, they get a loud moo
inside the helmet
metric cruisers
BMWs
rockets an rat bikes too
'cause, hey
tis better to give than recieve.

cheers
ken

I will wave at all sport bikes and at the hogs too. Most of the time I don't get a wave back from the harlies. The few times I didn't wave was because I was on the brakes or something like that.

I don't worry about it. If they don't wave back, I don't care, really.

They may not have seen me if they were focused on some traffic event so more power to them for paying attention to their own ride.

They may be a noob and can't really run the risk of taking a hand off yet. That's okay too.

They may be engaged in clutch and brake all at the same time so they can't take a hand off.

I'm sure there are other legitimate reasons. I'm sure there are some self-absorbed bastids who won't wave at the "wrong" kind of bike.

Who cares?

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

I will say the percentage that do wave vs do not is pretty lop sided... So the non wavers are the minority... In
my parts anyway everyone else is just jealous theyre stomach won't allow them to reach the bars....
beerchug.gif

I don't worry about it.  If they don't wave back, I don't care, really.  

They may not have seen me if they were focused on some traffic event so more power to them for paying attention to their own ride.

They may be a noob and can't really run the risk of taking a hand off yet.  That's okay too.

They may be engaged in clutch and brake all at the same time so they can't take a hand off.

I'm sure there are other legitimate reasons.  I'm sure there are some self-absorbed bastids who won't wave at the "wrong" kind of bike.  

Who cares?

biggrin.gif

--Wag--
+1

I wave at everyone, who the heck cares if they wave back

I think it's good that most harley riders don't wave so they can keep both hands on the bars.
Had a chance to ride with a few a couple of weeks ago, knew nothing about the basics of riding.
Nice guys ,just didn't have a clue.

I wave at everyone, it they dont wave back, no big deal. You have bad apples in any group you find, whether it be hog riders, wing riders, sport riders, etc.

I gotta admit that on a nice day when there are alot of bikes out that it get's almost annoying to give the two finger sign all day long! I still do it cause I don't want to be "that stuck up ricer"!

Back