"Harley nation" is friggin' boring

Most are halfway decent they will wave but you have to make them do it most of the time, its fnny waving at them first to see if they wave back and the look on there faces.

Most are halfway decent they will wave but you have to make them do it most of the time, its fnny waving at them first to see if they wave back and the look on there faces.
Darrell, there are only two types of Harley guys that bug me. One is the type we "met" at the Florabama that had a bew beers and was king of the world. The other is the one that drives 10MPH below the speed limit in the left lane of the interstate. Maybe, they are the same guy
laugh.gif

oh the harley mentality aint it great, you go and buy a $17,000 bike, $5000 in chrome accessories, $500 in dew rags, assless chaps and jackets all to ride to the damn bar!!!!

oh the harley mentality aint it great, you go and buy a $17,000 bike, $5000 in chrome accessories, $500 in dew rags, assless chaps and jackets all to ride to the damn bar!!!!
I wanted to say you were wrong, but in all honesty, I have to agree with you
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I am going to trade my 03 V-rod in on a new Cross Bones that Harley just came out with pretty soon
banghead.gif

Don't ask me why,
fight.gif
I like them both, I just do.
pirate.gif
(Maybe it is the Cadillac type ride the Harley has, I wish the Busa rode so smooth and still handled the way it does)

I will never give up my Busa either,,,,,,,Go figure
race.gif

I don't think that we should complain about how much money anybody spends on accessories. My Busa has a few of them too, but the dew rags are *&(&)* ( I guess they catch the sweat good)
laugh.gif

Oh yeah, my pants don't have the butt cut out either. I might need that part if I ever fall on my butt.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I will never understand why people want to bash fellow riders. If your not bashing cagers you pic on riders that ride another style or brand. When I meet with Goldwing riders they bash sport bike riders saying they are the scum of the highways.
If your make of bike is the best, why run down another?
Should riding and supporting the sport be enough.
So everyone should ride what you like.
Get over it.
Why not shut up and ride. The bitching gets old.

I went for a ride this past Sunday with my friend and we just rode the streets of So Cal. We took about an hour ride and every motorcycle we passed waved. Now I can say this being a Busa and Harley owner, I really could give a crap if someone waved to me or not. But if you wave I'll wave back no matter who you are or what your riding. And if I wave I don't care if you wave back because that was a good will gesture from me to a fellow rider. Why do people get upset if you don't get a wave back. Maybe the fellow rider didn't see you or was paying attention to traffic (as we all should). Lighten up and quit being so full of yourselves........

I went for a ride this past Sunday with my friend and we just rode the streets of So Cal. We took about an hour ride and every motorcycle we passed waved. Now I can say this being a Busa and Harley owner, I really could give a crap if someone waved to me or not. But if you wave I'll wave back no matter who you are or what your riding. And if I wave I don't care if you wave back because that was a good will gesture from me to a fellow rider. Why do people get upset if you don't get a wave back. Maybe the fellow rider didn't see you or was paying attention to traffic (as we all should). Lighten up and quit being so full of yourselves........
+100
thumb_up.gif

If I can't find somebody to ride with, I'll ride by myself. I like to ride.
Harley or Busa, they are both fun, And I don't care what anyone thinks.
I will ride with any bikes, as long as they go a little fast, and don't poke along 20 below the limit.

+100
thumb_up.gif

If I can't find somebody to ride with, I'll ride by myself. I like to ride.
Harley or Busa, they are both fun, And I don't care what anyone thinks.
I will ride with any bikes, as long as they go a little fast, and don't poke along 20 below the limit.
+1

I will ride with anybody as well. I don't care just as long as your not going so slow your holding up traffic. The busa does not like to go slow and neither do I.

I just came from the Harley camp and I can tell you that I agree it is just about riding, whatever you happen to have. My first bike was a 1974 Honda 354 that was 10 years old, oil had to be added daily but it was a blast.

Of course having just come the Harley side I will have to say it has changed over the last 15 years or so I have been riding them.

When I was in the Army I remember having to park my Ninja 900 down the road from the bar so it wouldn't get destroyed by the Harley guys, that was a pain, not quite like that these days.

I work with an all Harley crew and 1 of them has a 1200 Sporty. He has decided that he is going to show me what a real bike will do. Just how many lengths do I need to ask for to make it fair?
rock.gif
I am thinking about -10 would be a good race.

I work with an all Harley crew and 1 of them has a 1200 Sporty. He has decided that he is going to show me what a real bike will do. Just how many lengths do I need to ask for to make it fair?
rock.gif
I am thinking about -10 would be a good race.
I hope your only racing across an intersection, better take more than -10
lol1.gif

I am also a part of the Harley crowd and Busa crowd. When we would go out for our Sunday rides, (10 MPH or more over) when Sportbikes would approach us We would all go single file and wave them past us. We do not look down on anybody. Our thought is if you ride you are good to go in our book. The only problem we have ever had was with Beamer riders. We wave at everyone. I ride a Harley, does that make me a stuck up indignant A$$? I ride a Busa does that make me a squid? If so I guess I am a Stuck-up indignant squid.
When we start generalizing everyone gets shafted. All of us need to stick together or the whole group of 2 wheelers are going to get shafted out of our sport.
Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for listening

When we would go out for our Sunday rides, (10 MPH or more over) when Sportbikes would approach us We would all go single file and wave them past us.
Good on you because most Harley/Cruiser groups DON'T and it pisses me off! So I'm forced to gun it WOT past 10+ bikes on a stretch of road and then some of them get all worked up over it. Either that or I have to force myself through their ranks.

Now if it's just me I rather enjoy going WOT past the group when they don't wave me through. But if we're a group of 3+ it makes it even more difficult and safety becomes an issue.

When we would go out for our Sunday rides, (10 MPH or more over) when Sportbikes would approach us We would all go single file and wave them past us.
Good on you because most Harley/Cruiser groups DON'T and it pisses me off!  So I'm forced to gun it WOT past 10+ bikes on a stretch of road and then some of them get all worked up over it.  Either that or I have to force myself through their ranks.  

Now if it's just me I rather enjoy going WOT past the group when they don't wave me through. But if we're a group of 3+ it makes it even more difficult and safety becomes an issue.
How can safety become an issue with you trying to pass us. We are already speeding. We are entitled to the whole lane with out you squeezing in. Why the attitude towards Harley riders? I would like to see you work your way through the ranks of a group of cagers. You going to ride through the center of there car? I think as long as the VEHICLE in front of me is doing the SPEED LIMIT, then all is good. If I want to go faster, find another road, or better yet do a track day where it would be safer to go BLASTING down the rod WTFO.
Just my opinion again because I ride and own all types of bikes(including a Vespa). I am not a narrow minded individual.

Good on you because most Harley/Cruiser groups DON'T and it pisses me off!  So I'm forced to gun it WOT past 10+ bikes on a stretch of road and then some of them get all worked up over it.  Either that or I have to force myself through their ranks.  

How can safety become an issue with you trying to pass us. We are already speeding. We are entitled to the whole lane with out you squeezing in. Why the attitude towards Harley riders? I would like to see you work your way through the ranks of a group of cagers. You going to ride through the center of there car? I think as long as the VEHICLE in front of me is doing the SPEED LIMIT, then all is good. If I want to go faster, find another road, or better yet do a track day where it would be safer to go BLASTING down the rod WTFO.
Just my opinion again because I ride and own all types of bikes(including a Vespa). I am not a narrow minded individual.
I'm referring to my experiences where groups just putter along knowing they are on a two lane road with many miles to go, no other optional roads to take, oncoming traffic and no straightaways to see off in the distance to safely pass. Personally, I don't care how fast I'm going if somebody riding two wheels is behind me and wants to go faster I waive them through...speed limit or not and in the same lane if need be. Not an issue when I'm on my own because I get through quick, but when leading a group it becomes an issue of safety. If there is no one behind us and passing is not an option I will slow down to provide separation so we can at least speed up through the turns instead of being hindered by the slower group ahead.

I still don't like any traffic that impedes other traffic.

Hey, we are all adults right?
Yes we are. I just get tired of being bashed based on which two wheeled vehicle I happen to be on. Don't get me wrong, I have been bashed by Harley boys when on my Busa wearing my Harley jacket. I have bashed by Sport bike riders when enjoying the sights and smells on my Harley. And I have been bashed by both when riding the scooter. It is a sight 6'5" on a little scooter. I am just tired of it is all I am saying. I agree that someone in front of you not moving along as fast as you would like to go is frustrating. But if they are doing the speed limit or more, Deal with it. Find another road or go to the track. Now if they are going under then Heck with it, WTFO and blast pass.
That is all I am saying. I am not trying to bash anyone. I RIDE and OWN them all. Sportbike, Cruiser. Jap, American. Hell We even had a Russian one.Just a little repsect goes a long way. This is notg directed towards anybody. I just hope taht it might be an eye opener for someone. I have had a few on this board.
Thanks, I will now step down off of the soap box.

I have been bashed by Harley boys when on my Busa wearing my Harley jacket.
Cool, I'm not the only one
laugh.gif

I had a Harley and the Busa at the same time...went on a lot of runs with the Harley jacket on while riding the Busa and had more than a few rude comments from guys in trucks just sitting in traffic minding my own business. First light "HEY! Wrong jacket!" followed by further enlightenment at the next light "HEY! Not wrong jacket, WRONG motorcycle!"

ohthedrama.gif

This whole subject is so silly...who cares what everyone else rides? Who cares if they wave? Give 'em the finger like I do when they don't, makes you giggle if nothing else
winkold.gif

Back