"Harley nation" is friggin' boring

I have been bashed by Harley boys when on my Busa wearing my Harley jacket.
Cool, I'm not the only one
laugh.gif

I had a Harley and the Busa at the same time...went on a lot of runs with the Harley jacket on while riding the Busa and had more than a few rude comments from guys in trucks just sitting in traffic minding my own business.  First light "HEY!  Wrong jacket!" followed by further enlightenment at the next light "HEY!  Not wrong jacket, WRONG motorcycle!"  

ohthedrama.gif

This whole subject is so silly...who cares what everyone else rides?  Who cares if they wave?  Give 'em the finger like I do when they don't, makes you giggle if nothing else
winkold.gif
Been there done that. I had to explain to a guy one night that my Busa cost more than his 883. And that I also had 3 Harleys at home. So he should be on his way and mind his own business.
He shut up.
But Yes, if you dont wave back then F' it. I am having fun and if your not sell the damn thing.

In re:  "But if they are doing the speed limit or more, Deal with it. Find another road or go to the track. Now if they are going under then Heck with it, WTFO and blast pass."

I don't bash and I don't get bashed but if anyone in front of me is going slower than I want to ride, I pass them regardless of the speed limit.  I don't "blast" by them either.  I just pass them.  What do they care how fast I'm going if I'm not endangering them?  Finding another road or going to the track just because they're not going any faster than the speed limit is ridiculous!

super.gif
AM -->
VaBusa @ Mar. 26 2008 said:
1349199[/ATTACH] AM]
laugh.gif

I had a Harley and the Busa at the same time...went on a lot of runs with the Harley jacket on while riding the Busa and had more than a few rude comments from guys in trucks just sitting in traffic minding my own business. First light "HEY! Wrong jacket!" followed by further enlightenment at the next light "HEY! Not wrong jacket, WRONG motorcycle!"

ohthedrama.gif

This whole subject is so silly...who cares what everyone else rides? Who cares if they wave? Give 'em the finger like I do when they don't, makes you giggle if nothing else
winkold.gif
Been there done that. I had to explain to a guy one night that my Busa cost more than his 883. And that I also had 3 Harleys at home. So he should be on his way and mind his own business.
He shut up.
But Yes, if you dont wave back then F' it. I am having fun and if your not sell the damn thing.
Hey, I am offended at that remark! I HAD an 883 Sportster!
laugh.gif
I'm not waving to you, so there...
rofl.gif

I am a Busa in a sea of Harleys; hubby's got one, friends have 'em, my father's got one and so do two of my uncles...I don't care, just invite me along for the ride!!!

super.gif

laugh.gif

super.gif
AM -->
VaBusa @ Mar. 26 2008 said:
1349243[/ATTACH] AM]
laugh.gif

I had a Harley and the Busa at the same time...went on a lot of runs with the Harley jacket on while riding the Busa and had more than a few rude comments from guys in trucks just sitting in traffic minding my own business.  First light "HEY!  Wrong jacket!" followed by further enlightenment at the next light "HEY!  Not wrong jacket, WRONG motorcycle!"  

ohthedrama.gif

This whole subject is so silly...who cares what everyone else rides?  Who cares if they wave?  Give 'em the finger like I do when they don't, makes you giggle if nothing else
winkold.gif
He shut up.
Hey, I am offended at that remark!  I HAD an 883 Sportster!  
laugh.gif
 I'm not waving to you, so there...  
rofl.gif

I am a Busa in a sea of Harleys; hubby's got one, friends have 'em, my father's got one and so do two of my uncles...I don't care, just invite me along for the ride!!!
You are invited.
hello.gif
I will wave at you
laugh.gif
Just don't flip me off or I will have to go get my Hardley and chase you down
whistling.gif

super.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

In re:  "But if they are doing the speed limit or more, Deal with it. Find another road or go to the track. Now if they are going under then Heck with it, WTFO and blast pass."

I don't bash and I don't get bashed but if anyone in front of me is going slower than I want to ride, I pass them regardless of the speed limit.  I don't "blast" by them either.  I just pass them.  What do they care how fast I'm going if I'm not endangering them?  Finding another road or going to the track just because they're not going any faster than the speed limit is ridiculous!
That statement was not directed towards you or people who think like you do. It was directed toward the people that get PISSED off and do endanger my safety and try to cut through our group. If you want to pass have at it. Just don't cut me off on the return to our lane is all I ask. I do not care how fast other people go. I like to go fast also, but at times I have my daughter on the back and I will NOT ride recklessly (what ever that is). I will take her for an enjoyable ride. I do not have issues with being passed. I am sorry if I offended you. I did not mean to and it was not directed towards you.

No offense taken Kevin. I ride with my daughter also. She finally got her own ride, an 03 SV650 so when we ride, its at her pace. Sometimes we get passed!
biggrin.gif
Where are you in California, maybe we can ride sometime? Anywhere up north?

No offense taken Kevin.  I ride with my daughter also.  She finally got her own ride, an 03 SV650 so when we ride, its at her pace.  Sometimes we get passed!
biggrin.gif
  Where are you in California, maybe we can ride sometime?  Anywhere up north?
I grew up out there. San Luis Obispo was home for me. My father lives in Saratoga and my Grandfather lived in Stockton. ( passed away last year at 95) I will be out in Stockton towards the end of April for a few weeks for work. Going to try and convince the old man to bring me his Road King for me to ride while I am out there. I now live in Wisconsin. Home of the Happy cows. My daughter wants her own bike so when she turns 17 I am giving her a choice between a sportster or A gixxer 600. I have 4 years to go.
Thanks for understanding. Maybe we could hook up one weekend when I am out there and at least do dinner if I can't con the old man out of his bike.

There are a lot of people out there that seem to get offended if you pass them. This has always puzzled me since I like it when there are others on the road going faster than me. I call them rabbits
smile.gif

i will ride with anybody and wave at everybody..i`ve even ridden with some of my friends in the hell`s angels!!!althought it was just to the bar
cool.gif
sometimes they don`t wave, who cares i`m out having a good time. got better things to worry about like paying for 3 kids college education!!

I don't know how many here have been riding for say 35-40 years, but I have, and seen a WHOLE LOT of changes ,in style, attitude, and different bikes.

Back in the 60's and 70's there were the 1% ers (there still are)and they put every one else down that didn't do "their thing" They even used to fight each other, all the time, for "turf" (HOW STUPID.)
fight.gif

Well times have changed and so has the attitude of most folks who ride bikes.
bowdown.gif

Used to be the LEO's went crazy on bikers, now it is a piece of cake to go for a ride and not be harassed by "the Man".

If the 1% could figure out how to get along, we should also be able to.
idea3.gif

They partied together and realized that they all had the same interests, bikes, but some just liked different ways of expressing themselves. (as in different bikes).

Why the problems with someone on a different bike than what you ride?
Aren't we all on two wheels?
I thought that was what biking is all about, namely enjoying ourselves, in the wind,
thumb_up.gif
in our own way....
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

I must say that the BMW riders do have their heads up their, OK I'll say, in the clouds, on attitude.
laugh.gif

We will have to work on them.....
beerchug.gif
lol1.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

I must say that the BMW riders do have their heads up their, OK I'll say, in the clouds, on attitude.
laugh.gif

We will have to work on them.....
beerchug.gif
lol1.gif
I've apparently left an impression with a local BMW rider...he ran in to me years ago in the parking lot of a restaurant and loved the Busa, asked tons of questions about it, etc...a couple of years later, when I had my Busa in a bike show, he showed up and was thrilled to see I still had the bike and was still riding...
cool.gif

Hey, I'm doing my best to spread the love
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

laugh.gif

I started this mess... -L-  FWIW, I'm 63 this year, got my first Harley -- a Topper -- in 1960 or thereabouts.  Had an XLCH in '68.  Have had all sorts of bikes.  My '02 FXST was pretty cool.  Loved the bike, like Harleys, no problem.

My only comment was on the strict conformity of the riders, their clothes, riding style --- wanking on the throttle VROOM! VROOM! -- and, well just cookie-cutter look.  If ya like it, great!  And, again FWIW, I ride by myself 99% of the time.

YMMV

IMG=http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2719290970084317800dbviDs]Webshots.com Links Do Not Work

Back