Hogs

I wave at everyone, it they dont wave back, no big deal. You have bad apples in any group you find, whether it be hog riders, wing riders, sport riders, etc.
+1
thumb_up.gif

I like to wave at all bikers cuz I think that when I wave at a biker, all the cars around us notice I am waving and look to see who I am waving at. Then, both bikes are noticed and we might both be a little safer out there on the road.

More of an aknowledgement that I see you on your bike than a wave hello....

i wave at everyone but i especially like to wave at them when we are passing each other in a curve...i love watching them jerk when they start to respond and realize they are apt to go plowing through a field if they don't white-knuckle grip those ape hangers with both hands...guess i'm just ornery that way
laugh.gif

most Harley boyz in my town don't wave to anybody but their own. Matter of fact last year there was a pack of 10 Harlies on a two lane highway.. They where all in a row in one lane and seen me coming up on them. Then they took up the whole highway so I couldn't pass... It not the bike it's the big ego riding the bike...
guns.gif

BTW, somehow I passed them all and gave them a wave.... with one finger.

you see the problem is HD riders are not cool if they wave at any bike that makes more than 65 hp and weighs under 700lbs. I look more like a steroetypical biker than most wannabe bikers do im a long haired bearded 56 year old with an athletic build I like bikes with horsepower. I dont ride to go slow I do frequently wear an open face helmet especially if im not planning on exceeding 120 mph. I was stuck at a light with three hd's and was asked why I dont ride a real motorcycle? I was at the time on my 06 gsxr 1000 I replied if I have to explain you just wouldnt understand! that was an old Harley add line.
I have since upgraded to an 07 busa all black of course. one day many of the harley riders will grow up and become motorcyclists rather than wannabe bikers. Ive been riding 45 years and did my penance on hds years ago.I dont buy a bike to impress anybody but myself couldnt care less what they think. I wave at everybody even scooters we all ride the reason we ride is immaterial I see no need for elitism or descrimination in the motorcycling community. but the most ignorant and prejiduced riders ive met were HD riders not all of course but ive encountered enough of them to dislike the HOG group members. I especially dislike their parades blocking roads at low speeds.

Seems to me there are 2 types of harley riders..The once who just love to ride and will wave to anyone and everyone..Then you have the ones who own a harley because they think it makes them look tough..They are just too bada$$ to ever let anyone see them wave ..Ive pulled into parking lots and had a group of guys on Harleys say whoa thats a Hayabusa I need to check that out..They arent all bad..Just the ones trying to be bad

I know what you mean...I own a Harley which I ride for show. I ride my Busa for go. When I'm on the Busa, I wonder why the Harley riders don't acknowledge me.
I look at the brotherhood as a whole. We are all bike riders and I wave to all bikers...Harley or whatever. Makes me feel good...whether they wave back is on them.

Don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch. Just let it go.

There's one jerk around here on a ZX-14, all blacked out, guy wears all black leathers and helmet; never returns a wave. EVER. In his case, I understand. After all, he's got 'Busa envy!

CODGER, yeah, I hear you about the HOG jackazzes. I have no idea what the hell they are thinking. Damned rolling road-blocks with store bought attitudes.

Something that bothers me more than not returning a wave is the overall lack of courtesy displayed by most of the "new" generation of H-D riders (and a lot of metric cruiser folks as well). They plod along with tunnel-vision, never doing a shoulder check. Totally unaware of the traffic around them. This really irritates me to no end, as it's tough to SAFELY pass them. Lane-hogging, brain dead idiots. They make bone-headed moves galore, and make us all look like jerks.

Since I have read this thread I have made a conscious decision in not waving to anyone. Even if I know them. This way I can disappoint everyone and treat them all equal...
laugh.gif

i wave at everyone but i especially like to wave at them when we are passing each other in a curve...i love watching them jerk when they start to respond and realize they are apt to go plowing through a field if they don't white-knuckle grip those ape hangers with both hands...guess i'm just ornery that way
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I enjoy doing the same thing.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

i was sitting at a light the other day in the left side of my lane waiting on the light to change.. All of a sudden this guy on a HARDLY pulls up next to me on the right side of MY LANE light turns he thinks he is just gonnna go infront of me
rock.gif
.. Thats a Big NEG!! LOL that is the first time someone had ever tried that one on me.. anyone else had this happen before??

i was sitting at a light the other day in the left side of my lane waiting on the light to change.. All of a sudden this guy on a HARDLY pulls up next to me on the right side of MY LANE light turns he thinks he is just gonnna go infront of me
rock.gif
.. Thats a Big NEG!! LOL that is the first time someone had ever tried that one on me.. anyone else had this happen before??
Damn! I had a guy on a GoldWing do that to me yesterday afternoon! He kept crowding me in traffic, and that shid don't fly with me. I can sort of handle it when somebody that I trust crowds me (like they even would!), but when somebody who I don't know does something dumb like that, it makes me furious.

That putz that did that to you was an idiot. What I have done to avoid that particular situation at traffic lights, stop signs, etc., is to hog (pun intended) the lane.

I hate it when somebody does not have "cycle smarts". A lot of green riders, and even more "boomers" that are getting back into riding after years out of the saddle. If you can't educate them, avoid them.

One of my best friends rides a Harley and when we ride together some of the other Harley riders don't know whether to wave or not.
yea i get that same thing when i ride with my harley buddy..sometimes when he`s in front they will wave to him and pull their hand back real quick before they get to me!!just makes me laugh
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Wow what started off as a little rant sparked a fire. So I was in a class all week this week. It was for Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (a call center applications that runs and controls the cisco IP based phone system basically). We had a HD rider in the class who was from AZ. He was just as negative thru out this class as he probably is on his bike. Maybe this breed is just that way thru and thru. This new IP telephony was no good and unless it was avaya analog or digital (must be the HD of phone systems :-))it was nothing. We spent the whole week talking about the advanteges of IP telephony and the UCC Enterprise applicatoin and with the rest of us in the room he couldn't get a word in edge wise. Either get with the times or get out we are here to learn and better our companies. The first day i walked in full gear helmet in hand he says "Ohh a bike rider, sport bike I presume". Hayabusa I replied. "Figures he says, gives motorcycles a bad name". Well this is going to be a fun week i thought to myself.

On that note has anyone ever had an altercation with this type. The guy who simply thinks sport bikes due to their nature are giving the sport a bad name. Don't get me wrong...I know searching you tube you don't normally see an HD pulling the front end up and wrecking all over the road, a guy on an HD standing on the gas tank at 60mph, or doing 200+ MPH (yes i know...cause they wont and can't but still). So to some degree he's might have a little point there are the young crazies out there that don't do it safe but that doesn't give him the right to single all sport bike riders out. I explained to him i ride this bike to work and back and its my daily driver but that didn't matter. However, I don't have any proof or fact to back this up BUT IF you took the number of DUI's nationwide and added in the number of alc. related accidents and deaths. Matched them to Hog vs. sport bike...i bet the outcome would be completly one sided. What do you think? Maybe i've got a stereotype here but i'd love to see this number.

I don't know why some won't wave.

I've ridden with a lot of harley peeps in the last year and they all appreciate my bike (some are even jealous but admit they'd kill themselves on it.) I believe that most of them think sportbikers are young punk squids. And even I don't like squids.

But I do know that it's not just metric bikes that some won't wave at. When GJoker and I ride together (GJoker on his Harley) he waves at everyone, some sportbikers won't wave, and some Harley's won't wave.

Some riders just don't realize that we are all on 2 wheels.  

I think it's just the person. If he's gonna wave at anyone, he'll wave at them all. If he ain't gonna wave, he just isn't.

I wave at all. Doesn't matter what they are riding. I do like to give Harley riders the peace sign though. Don't know why but it seems to aggravate them. Especially when they are not waving back. I have owned five different Harleys over the years and enjoyed poking along on them and dragging footboards on 15 mph corners while I was doing 15 mph. Oh the thrill of it all. The part that I found the most interesting is how people walked so differently once they put their chaps on. It was like the chaps somehow transformed them into someone else. And who would not want to have the added protection that a leather vest gives you? Look at Harley's marketing campaign now. Basically, it says "Buy a Harley and you will get laid." What is their target market? Guys who can't get laid on their own? Oh well, if it makes them happy then there really isn't anything wrong with it. I will still keep waving at them as I really don't care if they wave back or not.

I know what you mean...I own a Harley which I ride for show. I ride my Busa for go. When I'm on the Busa, I wonder why the Harley riders don't acknowledge me.
I look at the brotherhood as a whole. We are all bike riders and I wave to all bikers...Harley or whatever. Makes me feel good...whether they wave back is on them.
Well said. Believe it or not, some Harley's wave to me on the Busa, and some don't.
I don't care enough to make a big deal out of it. Like you said, it's on them.
I try not to categorize or stereotype anyone.

I like the line ,"Harley for show, Busa for go"
Gonna have to steal that.

I also own an '05 Harley FXDWGI
It's more comfortable for cruising long distances for me.
But if i gotta get somewhere quick the Busa is the only choice.

Watch this....
laugh.gif
[flamesuit on] my cruiser
NewHarley.jpg

Keep your f@#%&ing hands in your pockets. I only wave at people I know. I'm not out on the bike to collect waves or to see how many people I can annoy by not waving back. One of my favorite things about motorcycling is the solitude, it's my zazen, my meditation. Don't interrupt it. I show my solidarity with my two wheeled brethren in other ways, usually by stopping to help out or offer a phone to someone stranded on the side of the road.

What's next, I have to wave at every other Mazda on the road when I'm in the 7? When I'm driving the T/A should I wave at every other Pontiac I pass? If I'm in the GTO am I required to greet every other V-8 powered vehicle with a wave? Who's stupid idea was this anyway? There are half a trillion cruisers around here on the average sunny day, I'm not going to greet every one of them any more than I'm going to say "hello" to every person I pass while walking down a crowded street.

Keep your f@#%&ing hands in your pockets. I only wave at people I know. I'm not out on the bike to collect waves or to see how many people I can annoy by not waving back. One of my favorite things about motorcycling is the solitude, it's my zazen, my meditation. Don't interrupt it. I show my solidarity with my two wheeled brethren in other ways, usually by stopping to help out or offer a phone to someone stranded on the side of the road.

What's next, I have to wave at every other Mazda on the road when I'm in the 7? When I'm driving the T/A should I wave at every other Pontiac I pass? If I'm in the GTO am I required to greet every other V-8 powered vehicle with a wave? Who's stupid idea was this anyway? There are half a trillion cruisers around here on the average sunny day, I'm not going to greet every one of them any more than I'm going to say "hello" to every person I pass while walking down a crowded street.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
My thoughts exactly ......I don't wave at all, to anyone.....unless they do it first.
winkold.gif

laugh.gif

Which finger are you using to wave? ;)
+1
thumb_up.gif

I wave at everyone....and usually people wave at me for sure when they see what I'm on
ThumbsUp.gif
As for the Harley riders.....some wave, some don't. 99% of the time, I'll already see u down the road. As soon as I see a Harley rider whom won't wave back.....he'll get the "middle finger" as he's passing by. Its pretty funny because other cars recognize this and get a good laugh.....I get occasional horns from car drivers who appear to be fellow riders...or angry Harley riders lol
jump9.gif

Okay, how many peeps thought of Pandemic when they read this?
laugh.gif

Wonder how ol Charlie's doin, he DID add a touch of spice to the board while he lasted...

"The flame that burns brightest, burns the most quickly"

Back