Hogs

Did I hear right? he passed you? I'd have smoked him and shattered his master bike delusions.
firedevil.gif
guns.gif

I "salute" most every one including LEO's on moto's.....tonight I had the golden opportunity at Wally World to spread the H-O-G "L-O-V-E"...
super.gif
...pulled up along his / hers HD's, they were just getting ready to mount up. I pull in diagonal, prepare to back and say "Evening"....this starts a nice chat about lack-of-brake power on HD's, both his and hers suffer....I make mention of their beautiful machinery...turns out this guy's a HD salesman, and says I should "REALLY" give an HD a ride. As if I want a heavy, cumbersome, very expensive bucket of bolts........I reply, "Oh I might have me an HD one of these days, maybe a Heritage Softail....but I'll never give up my Hayabusa...." To this they both nod, and pull away..."WAS IT SOMETHING I SAID
rock.gif
?......"
coolold.gif

I switched from a Harley to my fantastic Busa when I realized my desire for perfomance would never be fulfilled with a VROD and when it dawned on me that I was part of a marketing scheme to turn timid professionals into "real men". Now I blow past these expensive, slow, unable to corner properly, unreliable machines with a look of pity at the riders who have bought into the "dream". I fell more of a bond with sport bike riders because we have the ability to push our bikes and our capabilities to the limits, which the Harley riders never will have.

A couple days back i was coming around a nice little curve, going a little fast than i should have been. As i come out of the curve, i see a cruiser coming the opposite way. I wave as i pass and realize its a local PD bike! The officer waved and just motioned for me to slow down
bowdown.gif

Most everyone here will wave, even the Harley and Beemer folks. Go down into Arkansas and it's a different story though, no helmet law in Ark. and a whole different attitude. Harley riders don't even wave to each other, too busy consentrating on their frown and trying to look as pissed off as possible.
laugh.gif

In my 30 years of riding, I have found BMW riders do not wave to anyone up here in Canada. 50% of Harley riders will wave... or maybe that 50% are Japanese look'alikes... it's getting so hard to tell them apart these days.

Mike B
I have noticed the same behavior from BMW riders in my area. Many of the Harley guys wave . . . always have some that don't.
dunno.gif

However, I don't have any proof or fact to back this up BUT IF you took the number of DUI's nationwide and added in the number of alc. related accidents and deaths.  Matched them to Hog vs. sport bike...i bet the outcome would be completly one sided.  What do you think?  Maybe i've got a stereotype here but i'd love to see this number.
When I took my safety course, the instructors introduced themselves and told us all what kind of bikes they had. Then the class did the same. At the end one of the Harley riders asked the instructors why neither of them had a Harley (1 had a couple BMWs and the other had about 4 all Kawasaki and Suzukis). The one with the Japanese bikes said that HD actually means Hundred Dollars - they're badly built bikes and every repair or maintenance costs minimu of $100. She went on to say that there are more wrecks on sport bikes but more deaths on Harleys because most Harley riders don't wear helmets, much less gear. The brain surgeons
ThumbsUp.gif

The Harley riders in our area are pretty much all posers. I think maybe 10% of them wave to anyone not on a Harley. It's like normal people become azzhats the minute they sit on one.

and the funny part of this is.... I bet there is not one - NOT ONE Harley Riders forum where they are posting up, "Ya know, I was out cruising yesterday and waved at one of those crotch rockets and the guy didn't even wave back. They never wave back. What is the deal with those guys? ?"

and the funny part of this is.... I bet there is not one - NOT ONE Harley Riders forum where they are posting up, "Ya know, I was out cruising yesterday and waved at one of those crotch rockets and the guy didn't even wave back.  They never wave back.  What is the deal with those guys? ?"
lol1.gif

ohthedrama.gif

i was sitting at a light the other day in the left side of my lane waiting on the light to change.. All of a sudden this guy on a HARDLY pulls up next to me on the right side of MY LANE light turns he thinks he is just gonnna go infront of me
rock.gif
.. Thats a Big NEG!! LOL that is the first time someone had ever tried that one on me.. anyone else had this happen before??
What kind of question is that.....lmao

Is there an unwritten law that people can't mess with other riderz ??
laugh.gif

Do you expect people to go "oh damn....it's a Hayabusa....I'll slow down".

View attachment 1420567

I wave at anybody I see waving at me if they wave first. Sometimes I don't wave first though because to be honest there are getting to be a lot of bikes on the road and waving gets old.

i was sitting at a light the other day in the left side of my lane waiting on the light to change.. All of a sudden this guy on a HARDLY pulls up next to me on the right side of MY LANE light turns he thinks he is just gonnna go infront of me
rock.gif
.. Thats a Big NEG!! LOL that is the first time someone had ever tried that one on me.. anyone else had this happen before??
About a year ago on my way to work one morning (3:00 AM) a Harley passed me in my lane about as fast as he could. Scarred the crap out of me! So I waited until we got out of town, I live in a speed trap area. I passed him around 140 mph "from the other lane".

rock.gif
About a year ago on my way to work one morning (3:00 AM) a Harley passed me in my lane about as fast as he could. Scarred the crap out of me! So I waited until we got out of town, I live in a speed trap area. I passed him around 140 mph "from the other lane".
Ricer flyby style
rock.gif
lol
laugh.gif

rock.gif

I wave to everyone, here in Arizona, in general, we all wave to each other. Doesn't seem to matter weather you're on a sport bike or a cruser/harley. If someone doesn't wave back no big deal. At least I have expressed my gesture of we're all out here together.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
kreator @ May 18 2008 said:
1421036[/ATTACH] PM]
You are not going to find people crying about busa riders on the Harley forums.
Exactly.

Seems to be quite common around here though.
Shows the age gap.

Yes, I've read the several threads for Harleys and Cruisers
on about 4 of the various HD forums I'm a member of too.

www.hdforums.com
www.cyclechat.com
etc

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

I took up the suggestions by members above to check out the HD forums and and found a lot of this... and worse even. I had to stop reading as I was getting nausious.

"Posts: 45
Status: offline My neighbor raced his busa, low 8's. I rode it before he tricked it out. Damn thing wouldn't turn,just wants to go straight.Worthless in my opinion.By the way he sold it and bought a wideglide and loves it. "

Back