Hi guys, hey need some input

Welcome!
smile.gif

Ok, I just went looking around, and I was looking at a dealer out of Athens, OH, and they had on each of the bikes they sell an option to get a insurance quote. I went through the fields just to see what it would be for a busa. With just "Bodily Injury, Property Damage & Guest Passenger coverage" my 12 month quote would be $256.00, so is that just basically Liability?
That sounds like liability to me for your age!

Be ready for a shock
wow.gif
unless you are putting it in your Dad's name.

20-years old with NO motorcycle experience. You will get quotes from $5,000-to-maybe-800 FOR SIX MONTHS!

Yes, $5,000 for six months!

That is why I was curious what your rate was?

You should be able to get it under $1,800 for six months with your age.

If you plan to finance the bike, you will have to have full coverage so don't even bother with the liability quotes.

I don't know your history so you might be able to get better than that. I am 23 with NOTHING on my record and USAA(military discounted insurance) and I pay about $300 for SIX months!

Just keep looking until you get a good rate.

Josh
pirate.gif

Definitely call and get insurance quotes (full coverage) before you buy the bike. You will notice that the Busa is a popular bike to steal (theaves suck) so if you have liability you are SOL.

Good luck with your decision
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the board. Just take it easy on what ever you get and you'll be fine, but I still don't think that the Busa is the best first bike.

welcome to the board:) whatever bike you choose remember to take a safety course and practice, practice and more practice. insurance will play a big factor in the bike of your choosing, though liability only is a lot cheaper than a comprehesive plan. good luck:)

ok, now Im kinda confused about something, jus the way they word the plan, when they say thats my 12 month plan, is that 256$ per month? or over the whole year? daggon insurance companies...
cussing.gif

<!--EDIT|DreaminBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080718335 -->

Ok, I just went looking around, and I was looking at a dealer out of Athens, OH, and they had on each of the bikes they sell an option to get a insurance quote. I went through the fields just to see what it would be for a busa. With just "Bodily Injury, Property Damage & Guest Passenger coverage" my 12 month quote would be $256.00, so is that just basically Liability?
Yes that is liability + Bodily injury, which is not expensive. 256 a year sounds about right for someone your age. Mine is like 180 a year.

Full cover is that plus other options such as: (VERY EXPENSIVE)

Comprehensive...Covers you when you drop you bike in the garage, or a tree falls on, it stuff like that...

Collision...covers you when you are in a collision and the other driver doesn't have insurance (his fault) also when you are found at fault and involved in an accident. Also when you toast the bike without anyone else's help IE going wide on a corner, then doing flips down the ditch.

Theft....self explainatory.

Hope this helps. Bill

DreaminBusa, it sounds like you're fairly mature for your age, though only you can judge your maturity level. I don't know if I could've handled the Busa as a first bike since I had -0- experience on motorcycles when I got my first at age 19. However, all bikes are inherently dangerous no matter what you start with. You can be as cautious as a 90 yr. old in an OldsmoBuick, but the driver in the car next to you, in front of you or behind you may still be irresponsible/careless enough to cause an accident. Whatever decision you make I would recommend a rider's safety course. Remember though that a Busa as a first bike really ruins you for future bike purchases since nothing matches the Busa's looks or performance, at least in my humble opinion.
wink.gif
Take care and be safe.

hehe im not to conserned about not wanting other bikes, over the years, itll be nice to still have something that can still take anything if the moment arises.
smile.gif
but knowing myself I doubt ill be doing anything deemed "stupid" im a very casual rider who just likes to have some fun now and then. I also like it when them heads turn towards me as i ride by on the "god" of all motorcycles
smile.gif
i understand the reasons why you warn people not to get the busa for their first bike, believe me, i read the entire thread on a busa being your first bike. ive also talked to dealers about it alittle.

on the side question, is there anyway you can get your insurance deducted if you take the MSF?

smile.gif

Most insurance companies offer a 10% discount for taking the MSF course.
cool.gif

Most insurance companies offer a 10% discount for taking the MSF course.  
cool.gif
Yep.....yep....yep......10% discount usually!

Dreamin'

Are you paing cash for the bike or financing it?

Check with your lean holder and see what they require?

You might be able to just get full coverage for the summer months and then have storage coverage on it when it sits over the winter!?!? Even if you are paying like $1,200 for 6-months your storage ins. would be like $50-100.

Just make sure you have the minimums for your ins./lean holder. I can almost assure you that they require FULL COVERAGE no matter who you get the loan with. Unless you go the bogus motorcycle dealer credit card route which is total crap. You by it on a credit card so you can put liability ins. on it but then you pay like 25% interest and are screwed when something happens to it. DON'T LET THE DEALER TALK YOU IN TO THIS!

Let us know what you find out!

Josh
pirate.gif

Back