Been looking around

DreaminBusa

Registered
Ok, since Ive been labeled somewhat, "level headed" for my age. Ive been doing some further investigation into a future bike. For now, Im going to allow your guys influence to seep in, and ask you a simple question, well possibly simple..

For a starter bike, Ive chosen a few models that Im going to label as my bare minimum bikes.

#1 Suzuki GSX-R 600-750
#2 Honda Interceptor
#3 Honda CBR600RR
#4 Honda CBR6004Fi
#5 Suzuki Katana

Those are my 5 choices as of now. My favorite, as of right now at least, seems to be the 4Fi, it sounds like it could be just tame enough to do what I want to do for now(money + insurance + playwise)

So now what Im basically asking, could you guys maybe help me decide? maybe alittle input?

Yes Im definitely still wanting the hayabusa of course, but I think I'll value my life for awhile
smile.gif
I realize that any bike I get can be potentially dangerous, but I guess its jus the fact of the matter... Anyways thanks guys for any input that you may put down in this post...

<!--EDIT|DreaminBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080957138 -->

Got for a pre-800 Interceptor... I love the engine and the throttle response is SMMMMOOOOOOTTHH!!! I had an '84 1000 Interceptor and it was great.

I know it is not as cool as the newer ones, just easier on the wallet and you still get tons of fun.

I spent a lot of time on an old CBR F2 before the BMW and the 'Busa, and it's a great bike and very streatable. Since it's a supersport, it's very powerful and all, but you still have to *think* to do stupid things with it.

Plus, there should be a lot of F2's and F4's and F4i's around used to be had for a song. After you've "moved on" to a bigger bike you very well may want to trick out your old CBR as a track bike.

The 600RR is much less comfortable, from what I can see, the older interceptors are just excellent bikes but some years have problems (don't know which, sorry), and although the katana is practical/inexpensive it's not as fun as a CBR.

I had a Katana 750 for my first bike and it was great. Decent enough power, nice looking and handled well.

Are you buying NEW or USED?
rock.gif

If NEW this would be my order from your list:

1. GSXR-750
2. GSXR-600
3. CBR600RR
4. CBR600 F4i
5. Honda Interceptor
6. DO NOT BUY A KATANA, PERIOD!

What has you looking at a smaller bike? Is it insurance or something else?

If it isn't insurance, I would still get a bigger bike! You sound like a smart enough guy to take it slow and learn the ropes. If you buy a 600 you will wish you had something bigger in 3-months!

If you are just worried about getting to fast of bike for your first bike, then do what MCOYOTE said and BUY A USED Honda CBR600 F2 or F3! Plenty of fun, good starter bike, and cheap enough to keep as a TRACK bike when you want something bigger! Plus they are CHEAP so if you do dump it you won't be out big bucks!

Give us more info on what you have in mind!

Josh
pirate.gif

My first street bike was a CBR600F3 and I loved it. I had it for two years and traded it in for the Busa with over 30000 miles on it.

poop, sorry, didnt specify if I wanted new or used. Right now I am looking for a brand spankin new 04 bike. Question though, when you guys are referring to the CBR's as f1's and f2's and f3's etc... is that generation? like on cars? or am I just completely stupid? lol Right now, I want something I can have fun with for awhile, because I doubt Ill be buying another for awhile.. unless I win the lottery or something. Other than that, I just want some overall great handling, good power, and something thatll at least turn a couple of the ladies heads
smile.gif
(had to put that in there lol) Im not necessarily afraid of the bigger bike, and the payments arent really effecting my train of thought. I dont know what it is really.. I cant explain fully why I want to start out alittle smaller. I dunno. hehe hard to explain.. It just seems like whenever someone posts they got a new busa, everyone HAS to mention "be safe" "be safe" "be safe"! Its just alittle disheartening...  I know I seen somewhere, where someone had said that when they first got their busa, that it seemed like you were always goin slower than you really were, and then when they went to turn, they were like " oh crap!" I dont know.. so to speak if cars are anything close to bikes in that respect.. but Ive driven cars that felt like that, you think yer cruisin at around 65, and your really going around 80, then a gentle curve comes up, and you dont notice till you look down.

<!--EDIT|DreaminBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080973337 -->

My first street bike was an '01 CBR600 F4i, great bike. Worked well for me learning. Given i grew up riding dirt bikes, but the experience is totally different. Was a blast to ride and i enjoyed every minute of it. Never had a problem with it, right up til it got stolen. Needless to say, now im bikeless and in the market for a busa. Always said it would be my next bike. I worked at a suzuki dealership in high school, and had a couple friends who rode. one had a gsxr600, the other gsxr750. They werent nearly as comfortable to me, with a more aggressive riding position then my f4i. My first choice then was the kawasaki zx6r, always loved the green. But I never regretted goin with the honda. Good luck with making your choice!

P

My first bike was a Kat 600 and my girl also learned on that bike, She now has a F2 it is a pretty decent bike, I have been riding the $hit out of it while I am redoing the bus. I also have about 3-4 friends that have or have had F4I's and they love them. I would say go with the Katana 750 or the F4i.

I would stick with the F4 or the Gix750. The Interceptor is cool....but you can also get yourself a SV1000S.

I had a Kat 600 first. Not a bad bike, but mostly because my buddy had a dirtbike that couldn't keep up. When I thought about ridin' with the big boys and changed thoughts quickly. I bought a Kat 750 a couple years ago because I hadn't ridden in a while and that was a nice bike. Comfortable and fairly responsive which is why I chose it. I wasn't into going extremely fast then (right!) or I would have chosen the Gix750. Like Got-Busa said, you sound smart and in control of yourself so don't short yourself unless there's a reason! Good luck!

Back