Hi Guys

tibshark

Registered
Hi guys i just found this great site today and i see that it's filled with a wealth of information. I've been riding for about 3 years and i'm thinking about making the step up to the Hayabusa
biggrin.gif
. I don't know though if i'm ready to handle it seeing i've only owned a gixxer 600 and a harley. Well here's a little about myself i'm 20 years old, a guy, i live over in Jacksonville, fl. i love to ride!!!! Anyways i would actually like your opinions about this because it seems that i can't decide myself. I honestly want to be comfortable on the bike and that's my biggest deciding factor. I have just found my self to be able to go to the dealer and pay cash for one and don't know if im going to get the busa or a r1 or maybe even the 10r. anyways it's nice to meet "ya'll"

-Jonathan

Welcome to the board. I won't sit here and tell you whether or not to buy a busa. But you seem to have pretty good experience. I owned a 97GSXR 600 and a Suzuki Intruder and feel comfortable on the busa. I too am a young pup at 22, and advise you into looking at one thing before buying the bike. INSURANCE. Make sure you get a quote before ever going to the dealership. Just keep looking around the site to see if the bike is what you want.

Welcome ... since you have three years of experience, I'd say that handling a Busa won't be a problem for you. Since you mentioned that you ride a lot and comfort is one of your concerns, I'd say go to the dealer and at least sit on all three bikes if you can't test ride them and get the one that feels most comfortable to you. All three are great bikes and a good step up from the 600 and the Harley.

Welcome to the board!

All three of those will be a few notches up in power from what you are currently on. You must decide on the main use of you bike, cruising, touring, top speed, 2-up riding corners, etc. The Busa will excel on quite a few of these and do very well on the others. Either one would make an excellent choice!

Kevin
info@mrcycles.com

Welcome to the board. Can't emphasize the insurance thing too much! While finding the bike that fits comfort wise is extremely important, so is finding the one that you can afford. Don't think you would be disappointed with any of them though.

Welcome... Seriously, the Busa is going to be a lot more forgiving than either the R1 or the ZX10... It's more stable, and weird as it sounds a little more forgiving...

Personally, I think you'd be safer on a Busa, But I am really loving the R1... IMHO it's the sexiest bike on the road...

Depends what you want to do with your bike really.... Want to cover a lot of miles? Busa... Want to tear around in tight twisties R1, want to bring your little honey along? BUSA Want to drag race? Busa, So it's all a matter of Insurance costs, your intended or desired use, and personal preferance.

All three are awesome bikes. my choice of the busa was very easy because I like to sit in the saddle for a while and do 2up riding quite a bit.

I am in Boise Idaho and I am looking for some riders in this area...Boise, Kuna, Nampa...So if anyone knows of anyone in this area or groups or another board, please let me know. I am also looking for someone to ride with. I just traded in my 1996 Triumph for my new 04 limited busa and just need to get out with some people. I guess that might be in my rear view mirror but that is ok.
Dan

Welcome to the board. Like was said above, with your experience, you'll be alright on the Busa...You'd just have to get used to the little extra weight...but its not bad. The 10R is a straight up track bike...very different then the Busa, so I guess its a matter of what you want. The R1 is a little tamer then the 10R in terms of power delivery and comfort. The pegs are set a little lower on the R1 to make it slightly more comfortable, but don't get me wrong...its more or less track ready. The Busa is the best all around, everyday bike. Good luck on your decision and let us know what you get
biggrin.gif

I made the jump up from a 98 CBR600 and have never looked back. Just don't do like I did and get in over your head before you get really use to the Busa, it hurts.
sad.gif
You'll be fine.
Welcome to the board

Welcome to the board...I would echo many of the comments already mentioned save to add that I've been riding for 20+ years and have owned a number of bikes, mostly of the sporting variety, and it's a strange thing but I have to say that the 'busa is truly a special machine...special in the sense that it indeed enhances the riding experience!! I really can't
explain how or why but it just does. I would certainly agree that your choice of bike will very much depend on the type of
riding you intend to do and do watch that insurance thing...
otherwise, whatever you decision...
Ride safe and welcome again!!

<marquee><span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>WELCOME</marquee></span></span>

wellcome to the board..
i would like to say that i started with a vfr400,then a cbr6,then the busa:D
been on alot of bikes aswell,but i was just ova 23yrs old when i got me busa im 25 now.
my brother put a £100 deposit on it for me so i had it,the busa deleivers soo much proformance and in all fairness is 1 of a kind (nothing could toutch it)
the smoothness of the throttle the way it WILL take you to boundress u have never been before,but most of all (IT WILL DO IT SAFTLY).
im happy at the age of 25 to own sommin that not many my age can afford,and lets face it,i think some people out there might think well kid grow some balls,but hey we live and we learn:;):
nearly 2 yrs i've had her now,bought it when there was 5000 on the clock,now its got nearly 19000 so we are doing fine.
i've spent nearly £3000 on custom parts and im taking her to her first show tomorrow (fingers crossed maybe i'll win sommin):D
if not i'll keep doing it up till i do..lol
honestly mate you have done the right thing in getting a bike of this calliber,dont rush things take ya time and get to know her(many happy riding days )
smile.gif

Last bike prior to this one was a DR, so it's not as big a jump as you think
smile.gif
If you don't ride like a fool, then you will be fine .... And welcome !!
biggrin.gif

I will agree with what alot of people have said in this form. I started out on a 2001 CBR600F4i and I had it till may of 03. Then I made the jump to the busa and I haven't looked back I love the bike and I'm sure you will to.. But I would look at Insurance also.

Back