need some advice

kinghomeboy

Registered
ok well as some on here have helped me w/ i am looking around trying to get a bike since it'll be my first and i've had enormous help already from various members...and now hopefully my last question b4 i buy a bike lol is well im looking now at purchasing an 06 suzuki katana 750...im about 5'11-6'1 and about 270-275 lbs; im wonder if this bike will be like addiquetly be enough power and more importantly my inseam is 30" and im wonderin if i should be able to get my feet on the ground w/o much trouble...now obviuosly b4 i buy i will go and get on it at least b4 buyin...tho it is at least a 2 hr drive from where i am to the dealer that has it...unfortunately i dont have time to go there and check it out so any advice would be extremely appreciated thanks so much

Should be fine, I'm a little shorter than u are and i had a 02 750. I was easy for me to bully around. I did have to put the lowering links on my busa, because i wasn't tall enough to push it backwards without them. I loved my katana, but just had my eyes on da busa ever since it was first out.

Last edited:
That bike will be good starter but take you wellbeuyond a starter as yopu progress.

I am 290 trust me that 750 won't have any problems putting a smile on your face when you twist your wrist.

I used to have a 2k 600. I loved that bike but had to sell it to pay some bills. My wife has an 06 Katana 750 and she loves it. It will be a great starter bike. There are some great resources as well, katriders has been invaluable to me. I lowered our 06 an inch in the rear and used DR1300's spacers to lower the front. We are currently having issues with Juli's bike because we have not ridden it enough. I need to remedy that! You cant go wrong with the Katana, all around good bikes. Good luck! PM me if you need some information on lowering the front, the fork tubes will not slide through the upper clamp so you have to work around it, not a big deal and only takes a few minutes.

Back