Noob need some advice plz

kinghomeboy

Registered
ok im extremely interested in motorcycles haven rode on one several times durin my life, tho bein a passanger, im soon to be 18 and tho i dont and havent owned a motorcycle b4 i've been wantin once since 14 tho incapable of gettin it, i've been looking lately at mostly hayabusas and was wonderin on your opinions of it as a bike for some1 w/ no experience on driving one, and i was wantin also if possible tips on riding, im a very quick learnin and most usually good at things i try at so i have some confidence as to the fact that i'll do good at learnin how to ride and all but just wanted advice on those things so thanks for takin the time ot read this

ps iono if it helps w/ my situation or not but for reference i am like 5'11 and i am very strong and big not like those lil skinny dudes that you see ridin the ninjas and stuff i am quite confident i could easily bench 200 maybe more, and definitly squat like over 200 prolly more than 250 tho again im not sure if that is of any relivence(sp) at all tho thought i'd say just in case

I learned on a 99 busa but I had dirt bike experience and such. I dont know go with what your comfortable with but your very young and def wont be able to get financed for one unless you pay cash, have a very good cosigner (I dont know anyone that would cosign a hayabusa for an 18 yr old) or HUGE down payment. Insurance will also be killer. You may want to stick with the 600's since you dont have very much experience.

ok thanks man, yea i already checked it out the whole like insurance things gonna be a pain:G, tho i am lookin at gettin and learnin, if i do get one to start otu w/, an 03 i think

lurk.gif

First, welcome.

Im going to try to hold back the flood of flames by just throwing up a few url's to some threads.  Believe it or not, this gets asked...often.
If you go to the search and just search on "starter bike" or "beginner bike," you will have enough reading to last you all weekend.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4

Just my two cents, even though you really love the busa, think very hard about it as a first bike.  One drop, even standing still, you will be out anywhere from several hundred (and often much more) up.  And of course, the insurance you will be paying will be next to awful.

Again, welcome.

I started riding when I was about 8 or so.it really doesn't matter how big you are,or how strong you are.riding is learning curve.what may be good for one may not be good for you,no matter what bike you start on.start at an easy pace,don't let anyone bull&*^$ you. I cant stress that enough. learn at the pace YOU are comfortable with.if you dont,the result can be very hard. dont fool yourself,the busa is NO toy and it will bite you if not given the respect it demands. good luck and welcome to the org.
thumb_up.gif
!!!

Get an smaller cruiser to start with.. Something like a Honda Shadow 750.. Work your way up to a Busa..

ok im extremely interested in motorcycles haven rode on one several times durin my life, tho bein a passanger, im soon to be 18 and tho i dont and havent owned a motorcycle b4 i've been wantin once since 14 tho incapable of gettin it, i've been looking lately at mostly hayabusas and was wonderin on your opinions of it as a bike for some1 w/ no experience on driving one, and i was wantin also if possible tips on riding, im a very quick learnin and most usually good at things i try at so i have some confidence as to the fact that i'll do good at learnin how to ride and all but just wanted advice on those things so thanks for takin the time ot read this

ps iono if it helps w/ my situation or not but for reference i am like 5'11 and i am very strong and big not like those lil skinny dudes that you see ridin the ninjas and stuff i am quite confident i could easily bench 200 maybe more, and definitly squat like over 200 prolly more than 250 tho again im not sure if that is of any relivence(sp) at all tho thought i'd say just in case
Do it
ThumbsUp.gif

First off welcome, now down to bussiness, this is just my opinion but I agree with some of the other guys. Give your self a learning curve on something smaller first. Just being able to handle the bike no matter what it is, is only a small part. Respect for what this beast is is number one, and probably another number one is street experience. People in cars will kill you. You need those spidey sences working over time when you are out there. They're crazy man. An awful lot of cagers dont get simple physics, 2 solid objects can not occupy the same space at the same time, they will run over you, pull out in front of you or freak out and just stop. Then you go bounce bounce. Good luck, get some riding time and experience then move on up to the big girl, just my opinion. Mike.......

I'm not getting sucked into another one of these.

Thanks Busastrom for bringing history to bear in your links, above. High marks for your efficiency.

Hopefully the thread launching noob will take the time to read the information, perspectives, and opinions in them and feel suffuciently enlightened.

Read and heed, bro.

Get an smaller cruiser to start with.. Something like a Honda Shadow 750.. Work your way up to a Busa..
Starting on a cruiser is a bad idea if you're "working your way up" to a busa. Cruisers ride, handle, and feel completely different than sport bikes. That's all I have to say in this thread. Like scar said, I'm not gettin sucked into this debate again. I've been in too many already. In my oppinion, though. Go for it. Just be extremely careful, and get some gear first off. . . And some frame sliders.

wow thanks for all the feedback guys lol i'll defo make sure to read those links and again thanks for the info, even if i dont own one of these very sexy beasts till later on in a few years or w/e ima still stay active every1 seems way nice and informative lol and yea definitly gonna get me gear b4 i even get on my first motorcycle, and yea your right respect the beast that'll kick your ass if your not careful:p, again thanks for all this i was slightly hesitant at gettin the busa as a first but now i think ima start small like every1 of you very experienced riders suggest tho i'd like to know now would the following bikes be decent starters: Kawasaki Ninja 250, Kawasaki Ninja zx 636, or Yamaha YZF; like to know the opinion on those specific bikes and again much thanks im really glad to be on this site

My first bike ever riden was the one i own now an 02 Busa...BUT.....I was 36yrs old,I would have probably,No,I would have killed myself if I owned it at 18,I have an 18yr old son and I would strongly suggest against it for him
and size has nothing to do with nothing,I dumped mine 3 months after owning it,Im 6'3"290lbs and have benched Over 500LBS for reps....and i also took the saftey course and got my liscence endorsment,yeah,size doesnt matter on this one............

but goodluck to you if you do buy one and take it slow

Back