Hey Captain!

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Hey Captain, my wife and I are going to ride our bike down to OKC this month and spend a weekend in Bricktown and on the River Walk. Can you recommend a hotel that may be rider friendly? I dont like the idea of leaving my baby parked outside exposed all weekend. Thank you Sir!

There are some great places in downtown to stay.... I will see what I can dig up.

Rick you got any ideas?

Make sure you go to the Wormy Dog in Bricktown. I love that place. Tomorrow the Black Crows, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Jason Boland, Stoney Larue and the Randy Rogers band will be there, if your into the red dirt music (I love it). I'm stuck up here in stupid Illinois........

Thank you gentlemen, we may come in next weekend. We dont have the kids and we are dying to road trip the bike. Thanks for your help! Mopar, we are going to spend all weekend in Bricktown eatin and having fun!

I really don't know for sure. I’m guessing you want something in walking distance…..

If it was in downtown itself, my choice would be the Residence inn or Courtyard. I’m not sure about the newly reopened (historic) Skirvin as far as parking.. I'd call to see if they had bike specific parking available that was more secure. Some places I have stayed allow bikes to park near the main entry so they are in full view of the Valets and Clerks.
I really don't know for sure. The courtyard has a parking garage….. I haven’t looked at the Residence inn that close. The Skirvin would be a bit farther of a walk.

Downtown Lodging is going to be a bit high likely $125-$150 minimum.

Waiting from feedback from the wife as she works downtown.

Skirvin
Bricktown

Thank you sir! That price is not too bad for a two night stay. I would rather come in Friday and leave on Sunday. I will check with the Courtyard and the Residence. Parking up front would be great, especially if it was in full view of the staff. Again, I really appreciate your help!

The bad thing is that price is going to be per night.
wow.gif

149 per night to be precise. I just got off the phone with Couryard. They have a parking garage that you have to have a key to get into. That may not be too bad, 3 blocks from the river.

Wife replied back that her choice would be the CourtYard Marriott also.

Two helpful options IMHO, 1) roadlok, 2) bike cover. They seem to deter crime. After that use lots of common sense.

Just got my State Farm full coverage $568 / yr. I'll rest easier knowing I'm fully covered this year.

Wow, you guys are awesome! My wife couldnt believe that I asked for opinions, not that is was crazy in her opinion, she just didnt think of it. Thanks my friends, I really do appreciate it. dadofthree, I do need to invest in a good lock, dont have one yet. Thanks for the ariel shots professor, that helps tremendously.

(BlueHaya @ Sep. 06 2007,14:32) ?? What is this "BrickTown"?
Brick Town is an entertaiment area built in the former warehouse district in downtown OKC. It is about like West End in Dallas, but not as large.

That link above has some details.

I'm thinkin Motel 6, get a room around back, and roll the Busa into the room after dark...
laugh.gif

I've done that with all my bikes!! Use one of their towels to put under the tires so you don't leave rubber on the carpet and have a nice day!!
beerchug.gif

Back