Dear Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomtom

Registered
This is Sangai, I'm writing this message from friends account as my account was banned today. Heres to Captain:

I'm speachless to be honest, I'm not sure why you are ignoring me, I know you are getting all my private messages, and i am sure your wife relied my message to you. As I am sure that other board members asked you about the issue as well. I love this forum board, and as I said I will not do anything against your will - I just need to know what your will is...

I did try not to bring this to public forums, I know my message to you has been posted on moderator's only section of the board through one of the mods per my request. However I don't see any other means of getting any kind of response from you.

I must say being ignored is kind of new feeling for me. I supported this board since the day I joined, donated to keep it up, and now waiting for your reply for over 2 months just to hear what can I do to make things right. Please respond, let me know what kind of resolution you are looking for.

Many people asked me about my mod, why it disappeared from the board over last 2 months, many asked me to do the mod for them in a meantime. I didnt explain what the deal was, and told that I need to hold my service until I resolve few things first. They coming back and keep asking about it, and I feel I owe them explanation. So here it is.

Over 2 months ago, Captain was contacted by Muth's System attorney - Mr. Thomas Alberti, by phone and email, bringing to his attention that my mirror mod may be in violation of one or more patents held by Muth Systems. He forwarded me part of the email he received containing portfolio of patents held all in regards to mirror mod. Also he suspended my listed auctions on the website and removed my thread from the board until things get worked out. I informed Captain, that I'll do anything to resolve the issue promptly, and that he has nothing to worry about.
That was first and last time I've heard from Captain, Since then me and my attorney managed to contact Mr. Alberti, who denied threating Captain or anyone with a lawsuit in regards to my mod, also admitted he has no way of verifying if in fact my product was in violation of their patents since he only saw the pictures of finished product and not whats "inside". Also he stated he only contacted Captain to get in touch with me, so we can resolve the issue. We've talked about their patents, and things that differentiate our products and came to the conclusion that their patented engineering and my mods design are not even close, which proved there was no patent infringement.
At that time I sent another PM to Captain asking on what else I can do. I figured he'd like to receive legal letter from Muth Systems retracting legal threats. Another PM to Captain asking to forward me full copy of the letter containing threats he received from Muth Systems. No response. I cant make Mr. Alberti retract something in legal letter when he said he never did.

Since there was no response from Captain two weeks after I sent him last PM and a week after I called the number listed on h.org registration record and left him a message, I reposted auction for my mod along other auctions I had going.
Today I have found my auctions account suspended and all my auctions taken down, and my forum account banned.

Its your board man, and I told you I wont do anything against you. Just please, stop ignoring me and tell me what the deal is.

Peter
peter@mirrormod.com

This doesnt sound like the CAp I know.

I hope to see this resolved soon!!
beerchug.gif

that's BS on the mirror mod crap ....
by the same logic does that mean if i offer to tape a walki-talkie to dash/roof/rearview mirror of people's cars so they can talk to others, then I am violating the GM OnStar patents?

this is the same crap that was posted when the previous person doing the mod crapped out on us....
It BS.

and further more who the hell is looking at THIS domain name that just happens to represent muth mirror systems?
sounds like a personal grudge.

change the title of the auction to "extended blinker alteration" ....always advertise NO affiliation with any trademarks and emphzsize "complete hand assembled custom work"..... and move past this.

then change your domain to an acronym and reafrain from using the word "mirromod" on your site.
don't forget to do something simple with your existing domain...don't abondon it...or just squat there.....then make them PAY (big time) for it if they want it from you.

Someone is pissing and moaning about the fact that another person put the same two words together in a sentence and said it out loud.

they don't even offer any sportbike "mirrormods"

..lame arse LEDs poking through the mirrow...whooopie!

mirrormod.com is my domain, still working on the website. Mirrormod in any variations is not copirighted or trademarked, so no need to change the name.

oh, under any auction theres auto disclaimer: "SELLER'S NAME, is responsible for this listing" as well, my mod auctions had additional disclaimer that I am not affiliated with h.org or its owners/operators, and all inquires should be addressed to me, also auctions were named "mirror mod service".

I can almost promise this is all about your domain name...try punching in mirror mod or blinker mirror or LED mirror or any concievable combination....you NEVER get the muth systems' site.......hahaha

you have to hit "signal mirror" specifically to get them and even then they are fourth on the listing.......
as if it's your fault they have a ***crudy*** webmaster that can't work the key words for them.

Oh...and I think it may have been GM's legal team that "contacted" the last peron doing the mod....

***edited by MCM - language***

I've registered mirrormod.com only a week or so ago, they contacted Cap over 2 months ago... I dont think thats over the domain name.

hope this can be resolved that was --- is my next mod ( peter I will be contacting you soon)

Oy! i almost forgot, this my favourite site Clicky Link and guess what Muth Systems can do about them... I always tought i'm just a little guy getting some side coin for my busa addiction... and what do you know, i'm talking with big corp. attorneys
tounge.gif

By they way, not long ago, I've ordered sweet laser engraver... dang thing is expensive, but wait once i get it - you'll see some blinky mirrors !

why all the biitchin?

I'll send anyone who wants one, a free Custom Delux Mirror Mod.

Just ask. I'll post pics.

RSD.

That stinks man,,, i hope you can resolve this!
beerchug.gif

(rubbersidedown @ Nov. 09 2006,21:44) why all the biitchin?

I'll send anyone who wants one, a free   Custom Delux Mirror Mod.

Just ask.   I'll post pics.

RSD.
post it up Rubba!!

(rubbersidedown @ Nov. 09 2006,18:44) why all the biitchin?

RSD.
I want to see the pics
jump9.gif

Way to stand up to big Corp.

Hopefully you and Capn get it worked out and you can continue your business.

beerchug.gif

(spkerhed @ Nov. 09 2006,18:46)
(rubbersidedown @ Nov. 09 2006,18:44) why all the biitchin?

RSD.
I want to see the pics  
jump9.gif
Your wish is my command.

Its an easy kanji mirror mod.

It costs just pennies to complete.

Anyone can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back