Help Wanted!! (Bash 09)

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Ok Bashers...

While things have generally gone very smooth, a few things have required some attention as the number of people grow at bash.

Please remember we are "Guests" and would really like to be invited back.. Although some of the locals would rather we were not there, most are very grateful for the amount of revenue you bring the town.. For the few that are not grateful? just ignore them please.. They live there and we are only in town for a couple days, grin and bear it.. shouting at them as they speed down Laura street does no one any good..

Trash: Please dispose of your empties and other garbage in the right places.. (the ground is not one of them) Clean up "post" bash is something most do not see and takes hours, please respect the property and use trash cans... IF you have a large bag of trash, walk it to the front of the hotel.. There is a pickup truck parked across the street that functions as the dumpster.. try to use it.. nuff said...

SMOKERS:
While not everyone smokes, most are respectful of your right to do so.. Please keep in mind that some people may be sensitive to second hand smoke...

ALSO your butts: (feel bad I even have to mention this)

This was an embarrassment the last couple busa bash events.. The Phillips hotel is NOT an ashtray..

It took
Foote
and others a couple hours at fall bash to police all the butts off the grounds.. This really is not acceptable.. PLEASE USE A CAN or dispose of spent smoking material appropriately... Ms. Reba allows us to take over the place, lets respect her property..

Noise: After about 1AM we need to tone it down a bit.. (Thursday especially) IF you happen to hear Ms Reba yell out her window, that means the party is getting out of hand.. oooops

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!!!
On Thursday, Friday and Saturday we will be serving approximately 400 meals and the lions share of the work is done by a very few people... we do need some help however...

What I NEED is volunteers each of these nights for cleanup.. (more are welcome and spreads the work)...

Duties:
Dishes.. We have three 1 hour shifts per night.. (Friday needs a forth person) this is the hardest job I think..

Kitchen prep help and runners: I need 1 person each night for about 2 hours (this is to assist Angela and the guys on the grills).. a busy job :)

General KP: although everyone should cleanup behind themselves, we still need general clean up all 3 nights.. 2 people each night for maybe an hour? This job could be eliminated if everyone really cleans up after their own messes.. :)

SUNDAY CLEANUP: EVERYONE PLEASE!! do take a look around, make sure butts and trash are gone.. Ms Reba only has 2 people to clean up after we leave and it takes them a full day to do so.. we can make this a lot easier if we all just do the right thing..

I will post up volunteers as I get commits :) at http://BusaBash.com/help.html

Not sure about any of you but I can hardly wait!! YeeHaw!!!

Last edited:
I'll help with dishes. I'd be doing them at home anyhow... Can I drink beer?

In my opinion the bash is no where near the fun it used to be.. You all are turning it into 4 days of work, loud music, video games and so on. What happened to the good ol days of Brat burgers, hotdogs, tater salad and normal beer. And most of all good conversation around a fire pit. I was at the fall bash last year and it was so loud with noise that you could hardly carry a conversation with someone standing next to you. Why do we need all the extra's it a Hayabusa rally, the Busa's should be the main focus but instead the main focus is the food and video games.. I know for a fact there's members that don't show because the venue is crazy and way overboard, just not that fun anymore. I mean the bash is more new faces than the old timers so what's that tell us.

Never in the old days did we need someone to tell us to clean up or tone it down..

This is my opinion only... :whistle:

Randy, Foote is coming again this year!
Also me and Nicole are bringing a slave with us, Nicoles son, he is 17 and has to work to come with us! LOL

Also if anyone has some input on Tables and Chairs?

I got tables if you cant get any from Reba.

And I'm in on the dishes again. Just keep the knives away from me:laugh:

Randy, Foote is coming again this year!
Also me and Nicole are bringing a slave with us, Nicoles son, he is 17 and has to work to come with us! LOL

Also if anyone has some input on Tables and Chairs?

Sam said he has some tables he can bring, but weren't you or Randy looking into getting some from the local church?

Should I start making calls?

Everyone should bring their own chairs in my opinion.

I got tables if you cant get any from Reba.

And I'm in on the dishes again. Just keep the knives away from me:laugh:

Trying not to have anyone far away have to haul them! If someone local could step up!

Never in the old days did we need someone to tell us to clean up

You are right Doyle, adults shouldn't have to be told. But there were several groups that didn't leave til late on Sunday because the place was trashed. So obviously, they need to be told:beerchug:

In my opinion the bash is no where near the fun it used to be.. You all are turning it into 4 days of work, loud music, video games and so on. What happened to the good ol days of Brat burgers, hotdogs, tater salad and normal beer. And most of all good conversation around a fire pit. I was at the fall bash last year and it was so loud with noise that you could hardly carry a conversation with someone standing next to you. Why do we need all the extra's it a Hayabusa rally, the Busa's should be the main focus but instead the main focus is the food and video games.. I know for a fact there's members that don't show because the venue is crazy and way overboard, just not that fun anymore. I mean the bash is more new faces than the old timers so what's that tell us.

Never in the old days did we need someone to tell us to clean up or tone it down..

Wow Doyle, did not know you unhappy about all this..

I guess when you have close to 200 people, a simple reminder is needed... There were a number of us that spent half of Sunday cleaning up trash that was just dumped.. several thousand cigarette butts and tons of other litter...

Sure we could have just "left it" for Ms Reba but figure it was not the right thing to do..

your noise issue was the "Rock Star" thing? I agree, it was pretty dang loud and was finally turned down after a number of complaints.. I did not have anything to do with that myself..

The "work" part of this is just food prep and those of us doing it "want too" no one is asking anyone to do anything they do not want too.. Anyone not wanting to eat is free to go do their own thing.. we are moving the food area to the far end of the property..

I am sure Bash was a more simple affair with 10 or 20 bikes.... we are just trying to make it a bit easier on those that would like to eat, drink and be merry :)

I can understand your frustration....as a member who has the experience of the "Old Days" as you called it. Here's what I see....as a "newer" member. First of all....it is 4 days of work. It's actually more than that. Especially when you have the number of people that have been in attendance. So reminding is needed.....and necessary. As was proven this past fall when Dave and I couldn't leave (among others) until everything was cleaned up. We have a 20 hour ride home and didn't complain once that we left late.....it had to be done.

The only "extra" I know of that occured at the Fall Bash was the Rock Band. Some, myself included, had fun. Too much fun obviously cuz we got way too loud. What other extras concerned you? ???

It's too bad that those people you speak of choose not to come and meet the newer members. I bet they'd like some of the people they are meeting. I know I enjoyed my time with Pappy very very much last April. He was a joy to talk to. I'd like to meet more of the "seasoned" members. :thumbsup:

Just my two cents. I hope that I will have the opportunity to see you again.

Last edited:
If I get to make it I'll be the anything slave. Just keep my instructions short:laugh:

Massage....massage....massage. That's all you have to remember. :lol:

Seriously, we all appreciate you stepping up to help. :thumbsup:

OH lighten up:laugh:

just kiddin Doyle. I think the loud radio and game is what in turn made 100 people have to then talk even louder causing ALOT of noise.

To me it was generally peaceful concidering so many people. If the radio was a little quieter to where it only heard by the food and same with the game it would have been a much more peaceful atmosphere.

Back