Help my Busa go on a diet...

PacerX

Registered
K, I'd like to drop some weight off of my bike.

Two mods in particular come to mind, a 4-2-1 exhaust and wheels.

Since the goal is weight reduction, I can accept stock power levels from the pipe for added weight reduction. Any suggestions on who has the lightest system out there?

Wheels...

What do our stock wheels weigh in at?

Any other weight mods that you guys have done?

I don't know what the lightest exhaust is but, I have the BDE Gen.III and it weighs 8lbs. The stock system is 38lbs. I had good gains out of it as well. It is not very loud but, People I know that live in the middle of nothing say they can hear me coming from a half mile away. I got it with the titanium can.

All the steel allen screws that hold the fairing on could be replaced with aluminum. Titanium could replace all lot of other bolts. re: not cheap though.
I know there are lighter than stock rims out there..but the stockers are pretty light too. Full pipe has got to be the easiest weight loss. Sierra flyer awhile back said he cut 60 lbs. from his, but do not know what he did.. Ah yes light is right.
But even stock, the Busa rocks as is..never will be a 1000 killer on a road course.
Rider ability has so much to do with it on the street...lowering mine 3/4 of an inch made a HUGE differance...feels waaaaay more nimble...

Mine's a little lighter now. Not much in the corners, but gets it in the straights!

DSCN0865.JPG

If you're looking to feel a considerable difference, look at dropping unsprung weight. Thats lightening anything under the suspension. Wheels, brakes, and axles/hardware. I at the 2cnd stage of weight reduction on my Busa. Stock wheels with tires weigh right around 27lbs-30lbs for the rear and 22lbs-24lbs for the front. I have a set of Marvics on mine that saved me about 17lbs total. I also lost some weight by replacing my rearsets (2lbs) and exhaust (22lbs).

Back