Help from the big guys out there

Thanks BigDiesel! I've been wanting to tune my suspension but wasn't sure how much I could do myself or how much I could get out of the stock suspension. Under normal braking the front dives pretty good and I can't imagine what it would do under hard breaking.

I think I got my list now thanks to everybody's help.

1. Adjust suspension
2. Vortex Rearsets
3. New Windscreen
4. New Seat
5. New Grips
6. Heli-Bars

I may not do it in that order but that is everything that I want to do to make the bike a little better on the long runs for me. :thumbsup:

You guys are awesome and thanks again!

I dont agree with the Tobin seat for you,it will lower you another 2",last thing you need. and the hump will hold you in place undr hard acceleration because your gonna be back up against it anyway.I had a Tobin on my 02,it was a nice seat but put my knees up higher,evern with the Vortex rearset I had fully low and fwd

here a pic of the seat,on the 02,you can see how much lower you will be,

busa.jpg

here a pic of the seat,on the 02,you can see how much lower you will be,

Oh wow, thanks for the picture, you're right that would be too low for me. I thought that pad on the back of the seat was just added; I didn't realized that they actually cut foam out to make the seat lower. Maybe I'll just look into that gel seat that Suzuki has out. I don't think that will lower me at all. To be honest though I don't find the seat that uncomfortable. My butt never hurts after a long ride it is usually my knees are stiff or my shoulders are sore. I tore the labrum in each of my shoulders when I use to be a gym rat so there's not much I can do about that.

Check out the mirror spacers on my busa. They improve the rear visability 100% if you have big shoulders like me. Can't remember the vendor as they were given to me by my buddy omslaw, but I think they were available on ebay.:thumbsup:

I'll have to check into those. That has to be cheaper than replacing my mirrors. :thumbsup:

Oh wow, thanks for the picture, you're right that would be too low for me. I thought that pad on the back of the seat was just added; I didn't realized that they actually cut foam out to make the seat lower. Maybe I'll just look into that gel seat that Suzuki has out. I don't think that will lower me at all. To be honest though I don't find the seat that uncomfortable. My butt never hurts after a long ride it is usually my knees are stiff or my shoulders are sore. I tore the labrum in each of my shoulders when I use to be a gym rat so there's not much I can do about that.

Tobin doesnt cut THAT much foam out, unless your BUTT is that big:poke:
each seat Tobin makes is custom-fitted to the owner...go back n look at my foto-same seat on my bike-but it not the same 'cut'...mine is made for my inseam n waistline-yours would be too:thumbsup:

Tobin doesnt cut THAT much foam out, unless your BUTT is that big:poke:
each seat Tobin makes is custom-fitted to the owner...go back n look at my foto-same seat on my bike-but it not the same 'cut'...mine is made for my inseam n waistline-yours would be too:thumbsup:
its the angle of your pic bro all seats are cut 2"

its the back piece that is "custom" to your waist line, the fatter your azz is the less foam on the rear section of the seat and vice versa.

I have a 36" waist,thats what mine was cut for,I am 294lbs,but not a fat 294(bodybuilding for 25yrs now)

Suzuki makes a nice gel seat if you just want to get ridof the ugly stocker

Last edited:
Back