Returning back to the busa

bishopdablack

Registered
So my last bike was about 10 years ago ( 99 busa) so my wife felt I need to get out more so she let me buy a bike again so I picked up an 2k11 yesterday ... and noticed almost immediately im going to have to do some mods.. already ordered the buell pegs .. and im looking for a good riser kit.

so my question is .. for tall heavy riders ... what else should i be modding to make it a little more comfortable.

PS WTH is a shorty pipe.. it came with the bike and the only thing i noticed about is its LOUD ... im to old for that so im going to eventually take it off

If you are over 200lbs, including gear, you need new fork springs to get proper suspension sag, the stock rear shock is fine.

RE the loud pipe, if you wanna change to a system that is quiet and great to look at, go for a Akrapovic full system:bowdown:,
ya won't look back . . . :thumbsup:
GSX-R-13000-Hayabusa-Akrapovic-Exhaust-S-S13R2-RC-2.png

Congrats! I just went back to Busa after ten years myself although I had a lot of bikes in between and still have a Harley.
I am 6-1 but not heavy. I did order some Heli-Bars to bring up and back the handlebars...You can also get adjustable foot controls but I have not had any experience with them.

I find it amazing as to how docile these bikes are if you are not working them. They are so smooth and relaxed..I did a pile of mods to my Gen 1 Bandit and it is nowhere as relaxed as my 'Busa at low revs.

I sure am glad I finally found one, it has changed my life.

So my last bike was about 10 years ago ( 99 busa) so my wife felt I need to get out more so she let me buy a bike again so I picked up an 2k11 yesterday ... and noticed almost immediately im going to have to do some mods.. already ordered the buell pegs .. and im looking for a good riser kit.

so my question is .. for tall heavy riders ... what else should i be modding to make it a little more comfortable.

PS WTH is a shorty pipe.. it came with the bike and the only thing i noticed about is its LOUD ... im to old for that so im going to eventually take it off

Comfort mods are a personal preference thing-Higher Bars (Helibars, Genmar, LSL, I have a CNC Topyokes fatbar setup), Buell pegs you already got. I have a Corbin Seat that I just modded to add a gel insert and flatten it out a little, and a taller windshield. Beyond the physical (ergonomic) improvements I am partial to my throttle lock and Crampbuster, but heated grips are an absolute must for me these days. Then if you like you can go for adjustable levers to further improve things for your hands a little, and I actually like my (cycle Pirates I think) folding shift lever with the Buells. The one thing that a lot folks dont put a lot of consideration into when it comes to comfort is ear protection. I have always worn the foam type plugs but a few years ago I tried some from Surefire (the flashlight dudes) that worked fine but I found them to be a bit uncomfortable, then I tried a set of moldable Decibullz that are my current fave.

Hi mate , great score that your ol' lady let you ride again !! Better get her something nice in time for that new exhaust purchase !! Welcome :thumbsup: !!

What is the brand of exhaust on it? I have stock exhaust if you would be interested in swapping?

I to am a tall big man. So I am interested in the comfy mods as well. I am going to by adjustable levers and a different seat. I have to save for the upgraded suspension up front. Only mods I ha e done so far are cosmetic (double bubble windscreen and smoked tail light). I am new to the Busa world, and bike world in general.

What is the brand of exhaust on it? I have stock exhaust if you would be interested in swapping?

I to am a tall big man. So I am interested in the comfy mods as well. I am going to by adjustable levers and a different seat. I have to save for the upgraded suspension up front. Only mods I ha e done so far are cosmetic (double bubble windscreen and smoked tail light). I am new to the Busa world, and bike world in general.

I have no idea what brand it is there does not appear to be anything identifying it .. .

Those are just tips clamped on to the stock header.
If they have screens in them, they were made for bikes.
No screens, and they're made for cars.
And screens or not, it makes no difference, just tips for looks and sound, no performance gains.:beerchug:

Congrats on getting another 'Busa !

I'm older too (over 50) and I don't like loud pipes either. Aftermarket exhaust systems can "regain" lost horsepower/performance if done properly, but to each their own !

The first "mod" I did was switching to a Double Bubble type windscreen ($25), second was 1" riser of the triple tree clamp ($25). Both drastically improved my comfort, were extremely affordable and simple to do.

Riser - 1.jpg

There are many aftermarket parts/items to make a 'Busa "more" comfortable. Fork springs, shocks, dampeners, seats, pegs, shifters, levers, clip on bars, rear end swaps, etc - the list is almost endless.

If price weren't a factor, ConvertiBars would have been my first choice for comfort mod. They give the rider a 3" up AND 2" back position over stock, with infinite adjustability between those ranges. Price is the only reason I don't have them.

Welcome back to a 'Busa !

Back