Help me decide how to spend my tax return

danath 34

Registered
So as the title says, Im trying to decide how to spend my tax return.

I know these sorts of questions have been asked many times, and I have done plenty of searching/reading, so I am not just posting first without researching. Just still dont feel like I have an answer to my questions, so Im gonna post up.

I have been trying to decide on an exhaust system. I want a full exhaust, and would prefer to keep the dual exhaust look, but as I understand, there arent any affordable decent dual exhaust systems out there, so single side is ok. I really like the Brock's CT dual, but again... expensive.

- Performance is first. I have read before that the brocks systems make the most power. Is this true? I cant seem to find a hard answer on this. How does the, for example, yosh R-77 compare to the brocks in terms of power?

- Cost is next. I would like to keep it around 1000 or less. Otherwise I would probably jump on the ct dual.

- Sound is next. I dont want it terribly loud. I have seen plenty of guys riding around with tiny shorty exhaust tips, and they deafen me from 25 yards away. I dont want to worry about hearing loss over time... I dont want to ride with earplugs, and neither would my gf who rides with me a lot of the time. How loud is the brocks system actually?

So I guess its coming down to brocks, yosh, or maybe akra or tiforce. But probably brocks or yosh. I am open to any suggestions/opinions you guys have. Thanks!

I think Akprovac (not sure of spelling) makes a full exhaust with dual mufflers. I did a youtube search and the sound is def awesome. If you want I'll spend ur moneyon my bike! LOL Enjoy Yosh R77 slip ons make a great sound thats not too obnoxious.

Vance&Hines makes a ss universal header that works with ALL mufflers, even the stockers, it's $450. You can buy whatever slipons you like to go with it. That will increase your options.

Vance&Hines makes a ss universal header that works with ALL mufflers, even the stockers, it's $450. You can buy whatever slipons you like to go with it. That will increase your options.

+10000 :thumbs:
Find a set of r-77 with V&H header and u have a nice dual system that sounds awesome.. all under a grand

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I think Akprovac (not sure of spelling) makes a full exhaust with dual mufflers. I did a youtube search and the sound is def awesome. If you want I'll spend ur moneyon my bike! LOL Enjoy Yosh R77 slip ons make a great sound thats not too obnoxious.

Akrapovic does make a full dual, they're $1600. Ti-Force and Brocks also make full duals for around the same price(which is out of his posted budget)
R77 slipons sound good and go great with the V&H header too.

Oh yeah! I forgot about the V&H header... I like that. What kind of power does it make?

I can't quote numbers, and every dyno and tuner are different anyway. I've seen 2 gen2's (V&H header is made for gen1 also)on here tuned with them making in the low 180's. You will get good numbers with a good tune from it.
So what if another exhaust makes 3 to 5 more hp. That's really not noticeable, and only really important in racing. Especially if you like the looks and sound of it...which is what really matters.

If your bike isn't paid off, put that money towards paying it off... ;)

If you still want to spend the money on upgrades, I'll make you a deal on my used Brock's Alien head Ceramic Coated Black with a PC. It looks brand new... :thumbsup:

This is my vote that I did for my Busa. :thumbsup:

Busa Update 002.jpg

Busa Update 002.jpg

lots of great info guys... and thanks again...

so I think its coming down to either brocks, or V&H w/ slipons... I know I will get the best performance out of brocks... and I have watched all the vids of it to get an idea for the sound... I like the sound a lot, but its just about impossible to get an idea for how loud it is... Will I need ear plugs to ride? This is important, as the gf will not be happy if its that loud...

*edit*
I do want louder than stock, but not ear-splitting loud.

If your bike isn't paid off, put that money towards paying it off... ;)

If you still want to spend the money on upgrades, I'll make you a deal on my used Brock's Alien head Ceramic Coated Black with a PC. It looks brand new... :thumbsup:

what kind of price you looking for?

so I think its coming down to either brocks, or V&H w/ slipons... I know I will get the best performance out of brocks... and I have watched all the vids of it to get an idea for the sound... I like the sound a lot, but its just about impossible to get an idea for how loud it is... Will I need ear plugs to ride? This is important, as the gf will not be happy if its that loud...

I don't think the sound is too bad for the rider(it's actually kinda quiet at low rpms), but the gf will not be happy, as she will hear more of it that you do.

I'm gonna get the full dual cf Akrapovic, and hopefully very soon. It's over your budget at $1600, but man it looks good. They are also notoriously quiet with the baffles in.
This is a pic a member posted up the other day.

busa%20side.jpg

I don't ride with ear plugs and have ridden all day sometimes without issues.
My wife doesn't ride with me but since it's a short pipe I imagine it may be louder for the passenger.
You could take Got-Busa up on his offer and most likely be able to sell the exhaust for what he'll charge you if you don't like it?

*edit*
I do want louder than stock, but not ear-splitting loud.

Awesome pick Six, Emma is proud and thanks you. :beerchug: Saiid, Akra fulls are spendy, that's the negative. I love the sound, not too loud but deep and you'll be heard, I don't ride earplugs, but she'll really open up when you hammer the throttle. Sound is excellent, youtube some K8 akra's to hear their sound. Also, I personally like the look, and think Blanca would too. Akras are one of the best in making their power in the mid-range if that's your style of riding, if not get something different.

Attaching another good rear shot of the akras, courtesy of Emma.

rear up.jpg

yeah I really like the akra systems... but a bit more expensive than I am hoping to spend, especially since I will have to get a tuning after the pipe as well, putting the cost of the system 2k+ for the akra...

I think I am taking got-busa up on his offer. I will just sell it off if I dont like it, and get something else...

I had one more question, though... Does anyone know if you lose any cornering ability with the alienhead? Just looking at it, the bulk of the pipe is really down low... does it stick out more than stock? is this an issue?

Back