Comfort: 09 Busa vs 09 GSXR 1000

Uaintlobusa

Registered
Im sure this has been asked 100 times, and Im sure I know the answer, but figured I'd ask, and see if anyone has ridden both bikes a good distance and can comment.
I sold my 08 Busa earlier this year to catch up on bills, I have done so, and now looking into getting a new bike.
Im thinking maybe about getting a leftover 2009 GSXR 1000 (just as something different than I had)
My question is, only on a question of pure comfort for the rider, is the GSXR 1000 anywhere near the Busa?
I dont care about performance, speed, non of that.
When I ride, I like to hit a 300 mile run on a Sunday, any chance the GSXR 1000 will be as comfortable as a Busa?
I am 6'4" and about 275 lbs, I had Heli Bars and buell pegs on my 08 Busa, and plan on doing that to a new Busa, or GSXR

Im sure this has been asked 100 times, and Im sure I know the answer, but figured I'd ask, and see if anyone has ridden both bikes a good distance and can comment.
I sold my 08 Busa earlier this year to catch up on bills, I have done so, and now looking into getting a new bike.
Im thinking maybe about getting a leftover 2009 GSXR 1000 (just as something different than I had)
My question is, only on a question of pure comfort for the rider, is the GSXR 1000 anywhere near the Busa?
When I ride, I like to hit a 300 mile run on a Sunday, any chance the GSXR 1000 will be as comfortable as a Busa?
I am 6'4" and about 275 lbs, I had Heli Bars and buell pegs on my 08 Busa, and plan on doing that to a new Busa, or GSXR

Sounds like you're looking for a Harley:rofl:

Warbird on here owns both an 08 Busa and an 09 Gixer. I think he would say go with the Busa for comfort. The Gixer is a bit quicker steering and more track oriented ergonomics. Sounds like you don't really need any of that.

At 275, 6'4", the Gixer will feel like a bicycle to you.

Personally I think you'll hate the 1k. They are alot narrower then the busa and the wind will beat you to death being a bigger guy. You won't be able to see behind you with the stock mirrors either. The seating/leg position is also alot more cramped on the 1k.
All my riding buddies have liter bikes and i've ridden pretty much all of them and you couldn't give me one of them over my Busa.

Just my .02

I had a 05 gixxer 1000 with heli bars. The most I would ride is maybe a couple of hours max. Fun spirited bike but there is no way I would attempt 300 miles. I am 6'4 and at 260 lbs. I usually put 300 plus miles on each of my rides on the busa.

Last edited:

My first bike was a '01 R1 and I can ride that thing all day. The longest I've ride I've done on it was 825 miles in I think 14 or 15 hours. I'm only 5'10" 185 so I guess it helped.
Now that I have a Busa, one thing I can tell you is that I wouldn't go back.

My first bike was a '01 R1 and I can ride that thing all day. The longest ride I've done on it was 825 miles in I think 14 or 15 hours. I put more than 47K miles on it in less than 2 years. I'm only 5'10" 185 so I guess it helped.

My old gixxer. Very smooth and powerful bike.

gix.jpg

My first bike was a '01 R1 and I can ride that thing all day. The longest ride I've done on it was 825 miles in I think 14 or 15 hours. I put more than 47K miles on it in less than 2 years. I'm only 5'10" 185 so I guess it helped.

Jesse you are an exception :poke:
you are superhuman! :laugh:

Is this really a question? geez I wonder a big ass couch, or a cramped up moped on steroids:laugh:

:rofl::rofl:

I dont know, you may like the GSXR. My first sportbike was an 07 ZX6R and i loved it. I did 12k miles in one year with that thing and usually did at least 100 miles a day. The only reason i have a busa and not it now is becuz its in a million pieces. Im 6'3" 230 btw

The answer to your question is no .The gsxr 1000 is no wear near as comfortable or forgiving as the busa had both and wont go back im 5'8"" 215lbs unless you do alot of track time get the busa :thumbsup:

ah.. the gixxer is way way more uncomfortable....but the performace WOW!!! if you can deal with a little discomfort its worth it. I do wish it would have a hydrolic clutch, my left wrist is KILLING ME!!

I'm 6' 270lbs. I had an '06 R1 I could do 4-500 mile trips on, but I was worn out at the end. The Busa is better for doing distance.

Only had a gsxr 750 and I am short and 165# but could only do about 150 miles at a time. The busa, can go all day.
A neighbor who has a 1000, is looking at busa's now for comfort and long range.

I curently own both, 06 gsxr 1000 and 09 busa, I dont think they can compare to each other, the busa is much comfortable. I ride the busa all the time, I dont even like to ride the 1000 anymore, I do take it out sometimes for couple of blocks just to keep it running but thats it, Im curently thinking of selling it, hope this helps...

Last edited:
You cant ride the GSX after the busa ... I was having ZX10 2009 sold to my friend then shift to the busa .. I toke the ZX from my friend for a ride then I found it very bad and small ! YUK ! love the busa :thumbsup:

Well my buddy and I just got back fro a round trip of 4000 miles in 7 days. My 08 busa and his 09 gixr1000. I was way more comfortable. He said his bike vibrates in the hand grips much more. Im sure with a few mods it could be nice but at hiway cruising its busa all the way.

Your size - neither bike is very comfortable as stock. Although the Busa may be a bit better if you ask me. It depends on what kind of riding you want to do. Mostly touring and occasional twisties then the Busa. Want a light weight bike that you can be very aggresive in the twisties or you really enjoy technical riding - then the GSXR. Either bike can be made comfortable. For example the GSXR with LSL bars Kit and rear sets will make that GSXR work for 6'1" people. Same for the Busa with risers + heli bars and rear sets. Just takes a bit of money and wrenching.

My first bike was a '01 R1 and I can ride that thing all day. The longest I've ride I've done on it was 825 miles in I think 14 or 15 hours. I'm only 5'10" 185 so I guess it helped.

Oooopssss! Sorry about this guys/gals. I was trying to edit the second sentence and I noticed just now that I accidentally double posted instead of editing my mistake.:banghead:

Back