Seats??

I have a Corbin on my 08, have now for a few months and a couple thousand miles. I've had them on other bikes as well. It is a firmer seat, which personally I like. It takes a while to break in, but it slowly takes your shape. I move around occasionally, and it's comfortable in several positions. I also have the carbon pattern on the top, which has some grip to it, I don't like to slide around in a seat. It sits about the same height as stock, but is wider at the rear, and I don't feel as though I'm sliding into the gas tank.
Corbin will also shave them down if you prefer to be a little lower. I have no problem flat footing the bike, but kinda wish I'de had mine made thinner, just to take even a little more presssure of my wrists.
Since the seat molds to you in time too, it feels comfortable all day.My seat is also without piping, the optional trim between the top and side seat material. Other threads have said where this can cut into some riders legs and be agravating or uncomfortable.
Over all, I love the Corbin, money well spent in my opinion. I of course can't say whether or not you'de like it, but I can say the quality is there.
I'm not knockin the New Image seat, but I like to be able to slide all the way back, and not be against the tank all the time. I also haven't tried the Saddleman, but I would like to. It'd hafta be really good for me to give up my Corbin though.
Corbin also has several colors and options not shown on the website, you have to call.:beerchug:

Another recent Corbin convert here. Had one on my '01 but found it too firm and sold it before I had the chance to really experience it. Had no plans to get one for my '08 but a used one came up for sale (got an offer I could NOT refuse). Like it... A LOT! (will swap the color to all black someday)

DSCF0012-4.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I did a search and not thing much in regards to reviews or comments after people have had them for a while. I have seen more comments about the Gel seat sucks (Which I can pretty much agree with), heard bad stuff about the Corbin’s, the consensus seems to be Tobin, or New Image now since the fall out of the two owners. Then there are the Saddleman seats that seem to be sort of new, but some had issues with the battery terminals, but I think it was fixed. Again, no real reviews after long-term usage, at least that I could find. Maybe I did not go back far enough in the search results, but I am looking for more recent info to.

Long term seat reviews, eh?

Stock seat in black was just too boring. Got rid of that look quick.

NewBusa-left2-9.jpg

Suzuki Gel put about 3-4000 miles on it before said doesn't work for me. Sold it on eBay for same amount I paid for it. Same issue as everyone else. It gets hot. No one can explain why, but it does after all day in saddle.

700-busa-gel-seat1.JPG

LarsenShot1a.jpg

Bought Tobin/New Image like everyone else. We all bought them 3-4 yrs ago. I even administrated a group buy for them here. Great travel seat. Put 20-30,000 on it. You sit IN the bike vs. ON the bike. Drop you down an inch. Looks super cool. If you want looks- Tobin/New Image it is.

Downside is it hold your hips in place and you can't hang off. So if you want to do some sport-riding with a lot of body movement, Tobin/New Image won't work.

100_0433_tobin_800.jpg

Driveway9.jpg

Img_2690_tobin_800.jpg

Img_0244-pashnit.jpg

700-busa-gel-seat1.JPG

NewBusa-left2-9.jpg

LarsenShot1a.jpg

100_0433_tobin_800.jpg

Driveway9.jpg

Img_2690_tobin_800.jpg

Img_0244-pashnit.jpg

I've always been big fan of Corbin, the factory is only 3 hrs from me. Some years back, my wife and I even rode over there and had his-and-hers seats made on the spot for our bikes. Put 50,000 miles on Corbin in a few years. Great travel seat, but it's also a bowl shaped seat typically on the Busa and not so good for moving around in the twisties. The two I had were rounded well but never tried hanging off in those days.

zx-corbin-fact.jpg zx-corbin-install.jpg ZX11-Sideview-400.jpg

9-ZX11PattersonRd.jpg

solo Corbin Gunfighter on my FJ1200. Overall Corbin is great seat, well respected and been around a long time. If you like the bowl shaped seats, get one.

bike5big.jpg

zx-corbin-fact.jpg

zx-corbin-install.jpg

ZX11-Sideview-400.jpg

9-ZX11PattersonRd.jpg

bike5big.jpg

Enter the concepts of delayed late apex, and body positioning while cornering enabling you to carry & maintain greater speed while cornering. A whole new world, all technique and great fun. Here in sunny California, the state is nothing but twisty mountain roads everywhere you look so enter the knee puck.

Strangely enough the stock seat is perfect for this style of riding. Add on the Second Look Seat Skin to get rid of the horrifically ugly stock black.

640-busa-seat1.jpg Img_0204_second_look.jpg

M_Dsc_0147_knee.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

Is that long term enough?

Between the 3 bikes, and 8 seat variations, I think that's 130,000 miles of travel. :cheerleader:

640-busa-seat1.jpg

Img_0204_second_look.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

M_Dsc_0147_knee.jpg

Another satisfied long-term, several-bike (Busa included) Corbin user here. It's firm, as stated, but comfortable. The stock seat was harsh. I couldn't do 50 miles without monkey-butt. The Corbin makes it so that if I get tired of riding, it's something other than my rear-end that goes first.

Back