Corbin seat - Has anyone tried on K8?

semperfi

Registered
Does anyone have a reccomendation either way on a Corbin seat on the K8? I am wondering if I should go with a Tobin or a Corbin. I had the Tobin on my K6, and liked it, and have heard that the Suzuki gel seat sucks.

The Tobin looks and feels great. I rode 200 miles this weekend without stopping and no burn. My back hurt but not my butt.

I sent both front rear seats off to Tobin this past Monday, Thanksfully UPS ground is only 2-days from Asheville to PA.

Thanks be to another board member who let me sit on his bike and I was so sold, we then he let me ride around a few minutes with his Tobin on my bike and Wow I was so sold on it...:cheerleader:

I also had to ride for over an hour this past Sarturday and honestly i couldn't sit stil for more then 15 minutes before I was moving around and trying to releave the hot spots on my rear end. I only stopped once after 40 minutes to take a leak and get some more water...:laugh:

I can't wait to get them back...

BTW I am 6'4" and weigh about 226...???

what is the difference on the tobin verses the stock seat ?, i have only seen pictures of the tobin and just wondering what makes it so much better.

IMO, the stock seat is softer but the Tobin is definitely more comfortable. It is a firmer seat. Kind of like if you have a bad back, you want a firmer bed so you could get better support. The better support relieves those burn spots.

what is the difference on the tobin verses the stock seat ?, i have only seen pictures of the tobin and just wondering what makes it so much better.

I think Tobin uses the factory foam on the Busa seats, he removes and shapes it better then adds the support ridge on the back. It was awesome to ride with it. I couldn't believe the difference, at first I thought it felt flatter and harder, but when on it I realized it felt a lot better. You can relax with right hand only control and when you need to gas it your body doesn't rock so much and the control of side to side really trying to change lanes quicker feels beter also.

Remember physics, lol... The changes in the bike dynamics from my 226 pounds now being almost 1.5 inches lower make amazing chages in how secure and stable the bike feels.

I think Tobin uses the factory foam on the Busa seats, he removes and shapes it better then adds the support ridge on the back. It was awesome to ride with it. I couldn't believe the difference, at first I thought it felt flatter and harder, but when on it I realized it felt a lot better. You can relax with right hand only control and when you need to gas it your body doesn't rock so much and the control of side to side really trying to change lanes quicker feels beter also.

Remember physics, lol... The changes in the bike dynamics from my 226 pounds now being almost 1.5 inches lower make amazing chages in how secure and stable the bike feels.
so the seat height is reduced 1.5 in. also ?

here you go fellows
08aprilbike003.jpg
08tobinseat004.jpg
08tobinseat003.jpg

what you'll also notice is with an aftermarket windshield and sitting 1.5 ins lower your out of the wind alot more...Greenbean let me know if you want to ride to the Fall busa bash, there are 5-6 of us going over on Saturday.

Here are some pictures of mine. It took a little to get it broke in but after that i don't want to sit on anything else. They are great

DSC_0077.jpg

Brendas Car 002.jpg

Greenbean - is the seat comfort worth the 1.5 inch less leg room? I like the look but hate to lose leg room, the lower seat essentially offsets the benefit of the peg mod. Also, what are your thoughts on the lip on the back of the seat? My concern is it forces you forward a bit and gives you less ability to move around/adjust on the seat when you ride. thx much. ed.

I am running the complete Corbin seat set up. Riders seat and passenger seat with the removable backrest. It all works very well for me and the lady. The seats are firm but they are breaking in better all the time. Did a 220 mile ride last Sunday and all was well as far as getting a sore butt. Only real issue is that her passenger seat is a little slippery and she tends to slid up when I stop. This is getting better all the time and I think it would be better if she wore her leather pants instead of blue jeans. Sorry I do not have pics at this time. You can go to Corbins web site and see the exact setup that I have on my bike.

I have a 36"/37" inseam and after doing the peg mod and lowering the bike 2" in the rear I am very comfortable on the bike with my Tobin seat. I am more into the bike, but don't feel the feduced leg room at all.

Samm hs the Buell peg mod as well as my risers and heli bars..

Nice setup he has, I'll get pics this wkend as he is going on the river ride with us.. :thumbsup:

I have a 36"/37" inseam and after doing the peg mod and lowering the bike 2" in the rear I am very comfortable on the bike with my Tobin seat. I am more into the bike, but don't feel the feduced leg room at all.

Thx for feedback. I also like sitting more in the bike than on top as well.

Back