Corbin seat - Has anyone tried on K8?

what you'll also notice is with an aftermarket windshield and sitting 1.5 ins lower your out of the wind alot more...Greenbean let me know if you want to ride to the Fall busa bash, there are 5-6 of us going over on Saturday.

Thanks for the invite man, I just confirmed I am off on Sat, so I am now trying to get off at 1, so I can ride over and maybe follow Vman1300 with his gear and stuff.

Or meet up with Joe and the B-King guy and all three of us will roll out.

Greenbean - is the seat comfort worth the 1.5 inch less leg room? I like the look but hate to lose leg room, the lower seat essentially offsets the benefit of the peg mod. Also, what are your thoughts on the lip on the back of the seat? My concern is it forces you forward a bit and gives you less ability to move around/adjust on the seat when you ride. thx much. ed.

IMO it's awesome... I am 6'4" and thats why I asked that member if i could try his seat on my bike. I wanted stock pegs for now but knew i needed a new seat.

It actually didn't feel bad at all. I am 33yrs old and have strong legs and knees. but honestly, the lip on the back feels great, I didn't feel it liike it "looks" it keep you kind of centered front to rear...

You feel less likely to move rearward.

Also the drop in height had be looking better into my guages, I rode it when I had my stock windscreen and it was great. now I have the Puig DB in dark smoke and can't wait to get my seats back...

If your at the bash we'll switch seats and you can ride with my Tobin and see for yourself...:thumbsup:

Sent both my seats to Tobin, tracking # says they got there yesterday. I called and talked to him twice. He said that the seat is built to your individual specs. Thats why he wants your weight, waist size etc on the order form. He uses different denisity foam based on your weight, also the riser is altered based on your size. The same seat for a 5'8" 170# rider will be different than one for a 6'4" 250# rider. He cuts the foam down to effectivley widen the seat so it supports more of your butt. Less pressure on those couple of hot spots.

My biggest concern was the 1.5" drop, didn't want to give it up after going to the Buell Pegs. I have the Helibars and am pretty comfortable except for a PITA after about an hour and a half. All the 6" + guys that I've seen post say the lost height is not a problem. Will know for sure in about 10 days. Besides, it's only 325 bucks, errrr make that 425 ('cause a bought an extra seat to send to him) already know it will look better than stock, so that's my fall back justification if they suck. LOL

Last edited:
One thing I forgot to mention was the problem I had with the first Backrest that I got from Corbin. I got the smallest Ovalbac backrest that they make. It was the O2-G. It is 8x8. It would not adjust up far enough to make a good backrest. I called Corbin's Tech line and talked to Sergio and he said that they had this problem with that backrest on some Ninjas but had not heard about it being a problem on the Busa. He said they would exchange it for a O2-SB Ovalbac backrest which is 9x11 and is more adjustable.
So I sent it back last week and am waiting for the other backrest to arrive. I will let you know if it works out better or not.

Sent both my seats to Tobin, tracking # says they got there yesterday. I called and talked to him twice. He said that the seat is built to your individual specs. Thats why he wants your weight, waist size etc on the order form. He uses different denisity foam based on your weight, also the riser is altered based on your size. The same seat for a 5'8" 170# rider will be different than one for a 6'4" 250# rider. He cuts the foam down to effectivley widen the seat so it supports more of your butt. Less pressure on those couple of hot spots.

My biggest concern was the 1.5" drop, didn't want to give it up after going to the Buell Pegs. I have the Helibars and am pretty comfortable except for a PITA after about an hour and a half. All the 6" + guys that I've seen post say the lost height is not a problem. Will know for sure in about 10 days. Besides, it's only 325 bucks, errrr make that 425 ('cause a bought an extra seat to send to him) already know it will look better than stock, so that's my fall back justification if they suck. LOL

Sweet, mine also got there yesterday...:cheerleader:

Might give him a call today and see how things are going...

Did you get some extra embroidering and such with different colors and what not? Mine was only 240 plus shipping back to me, but i just wanted both seats in black with no extra stuff on them...

Thx much for info and offer. In ca. so geographically challenged for the bash.

IMO it's awesome... I am 6'4" and thats why I asked that member if i could try his seat on my bike. I wanted stock pegs for now but knew i needed a new seat.

It actually didn't feel bad at all. I am 33yrs old and have strong legs and knees. but honestly, the lip on the back feels great, I didn't feel it liike it "looks" it keep you kind of centered front to rear...

You feel less likely to move rearward.

Also the drop in height had be looking better into my guages, I rode it when I had my stock windscreen and it was great. now I have the Puig DB in dark smoke and can't wait to get my seats back...

If your at the bash we'll switch seats and you can ride with my Tobin and see for yourself...:thumbsup:

Does anyone have a reccomendation either way on a Corbin seat on the K8? I am wondering if I should go with a Tobin or a Corbin. I had the Tobin on my K6, and liked it, and have heard that the Suzuki gel seat sucks.

I've got the gel, and I don't like it, I'm always slowly sliding into the tank. I've had Corbins on other bikes, and they're great. I shoulda spent the extra up front and got the Corbin, now I'm saving up for it.

Does anyone have a problem with the foward section of Tobin. I did... uncomfortable for me... it angles upward and gets in the way...

Anyone ?

I have no experience of the Tobin seat. The stock seat made my butt hurt after about 20 miles. The Corbin seat I have now is a lot more comfortable, for me, than the stock seat was. If ordering Corbin, I'd call to do it. That way you get the name of a representative and can ping them to keep apprised of what's going on. For the 08 'Busa, they appear to only stock the black seat (carbon-fiber-look leather seating area, with black vinyl 'asphalt' sides) that I believe is the one in the online pics. Anything else is special order, and will take longer. I waited about 3 weeks for a 'custom' seat, earlier this year. This time of year the Corbin factory shuts down for Turkey Day, and again for Xmas. So if you're getting a custom built seat it's going to take longer than usual. I was quoted January delivery for a seat ordered as of earlier this week. My personal experience--and the preference of my a**--is the wait is worth it.

Alan

Last edited:
hows the corbin seat when it gets wet cause of the leather on it?

i've got the corbin on my k8, they do take a few mile's to break in that's forsure i've had many corbin's in the past they are nice. I ordered my seat's with leather on the top and carbon look vinyl on the side's, along with the back rest, thay look and feel awsome. Keep a good leather dressing on them to protect from rain and they will be fine, if my bike has to sit out and it's going to rain i do cover at least the seat, i got into that habbit from my corbin on my thunderace which was perferated leather, and still look's perfect after 12yr's of use.

As you can see I have both Tobin and Corbin and both work great and the Corbin with the back rest works great for my wife, no sore butt issues but with jeans she does slide a little. For long rides they work great for both of us and BTW I am 6'4" 260lbs. and I am still comfortable and so far our longest one day ride was 325 miles.:thumbsup:

DSCF2354.jpg

DSCF2986.jpg

New Image is what you want he use to do Tobin seats, now he is own his own and it's called New Image. :welcome:

Back