Gel Seat - Biggest waste of $160 ever

So I read ALL the threads on seats and decided to go with the Gel. The summary of my research here showed that Corbin has bad customer service and takes to long to ship but the product is great; Tobin is great but you've got to be without a seat for a few weeks; and the Gel is great but gets hot in the sun.

I went with the Suzuki Gel Seat because it wasn't too expensive, easy to find on ebay, and could get to me fast. I've now put 1200 miles on it (600 yesterday and today) and my butt is killing me. I'm not so naive as to think that the gel seat should've eliminated any butt burn, as I'm sure I'd get it with any seat, but this did literally nothing to increase the comfort of riding for me. The stock seat was no worse.

In sum = I wasted $160.

I'll be trying the Tobin or Corbin now and selling the Gel on ebay to the next sucker like me. ;) :please:

Sorry to rant.

Ignore these optimistic charlatans bro. The seat...errr...is crap and if you pay shipping I am willing to take it off your hands. :whistle:

I hear ya'll about the break-in period and stuff, but man, how long...how long... ;)

I'll hang on to her a little bit longer. If a thousand more miles won't break it in, I just might give it away! :D

Well, I got hooked up by Chuck Anderson with a set of Corbin front and rear with the backrest. I wanted the backrest for my girl. As it turns out, she LOVES IT!!!

So, now:

I'M SELLING MY GEL SEAT :cheerleader::cheerleader:

I'll list it on Ebay for $150 shipped but before I do that I wanted to offer it to you folks for $150 obo. Make me an offer and I'll ship it out asap.

Thanks

Corbin on the gen I, is fine.
Tried the tobin on the gen II after the corbin.
Tobin preferred on the Gen II.
Seats choices vary with each person. Unfortunately what works for one person does not work for another. This is part of the ebay stimulus package. :rofl::laugh:

I have experienced a subtle difference with the Gel seat. It feels like the seat foam is thicker and as a result gives me just a little bit more leg room. I like the stock seat too. I use the Gel seat 90 percent of the time - especially for touring. 400 to 500 mile days are manageable. Avoid straight line droning and think not of the minor discomfort. Discomfort keeps you awake.

I my Gel seat came with the bike. I have over 2500 miles on it and it still is hard. Maybe I need break it in a little more. As of right now I can only go 40ish miles before I need to give my but a break.

I have a gel seat on my B-King and it doesn't do diddly. My butt is burning after a 1.5hr ride. Well, technically it is my legs right at the edge of the seat. Same as on the stocker. I need a 4 inch thick comfy seat that will make me think I'm in a recliner!

Back