Suzuki Gel Hayabusa Seat

gfunko

Registered
Any feedback on this particular OEM gel seat from Suzuki? I had the Suzuki Gel seat for my 07 GSXR 1000 and was fairly disappointed when I realized it was literally just a 3/4 thick gel pad (about the size of a mouse pad) right below the seat over, and the rest was all the same dense (if not denser) seat foam. I did read some where that the gel on this seat is actually below a layer of foam which is the better place for the foam? Anyways, just wanted to see if anyone is running this seat and how its held up for them. I did also read on .org that this seat was made by Saddleman's? Does it have the same break-in period as Saddleman's seats?

800460990A0-61008-CRB HAYABUSA GEL SEAT.jpg

I have been using mine for the last 5 years now.

It is firmer than stock(but not Honda firm), which is both good and bad.
I found on the stock seat I would sink through the foam and would have all my weight on the seat frame.
The gel seat prevents that issue, but it is harder than I would like.

It is great in the twisties for moving around on the bike, but anything over 2 hours and I would prefer something else.

6qtEfnm.jpg

I have had mine for 3 years and it's great. I have not had issues with the gel getting hot or padding issues. Its a good seat for the money IMHO. I will also say that mine seems to be wearing out now as it is not a comfortable as it used to be. If you want an all day touring seat this is probably not the best choice but for fast or slow general street riding it's a fair deal for the price.

Damn, I'm glad y'all mention the best purpose for the seat. I mainly commute on my bike but still go on 3+hr rides so I want something super comfy vs looks.

This to me was more comfy then stock but raises you up. Im a light weight so doesnt feel hard to me. I eneded up getting the new image seat just since I wanted the cuts for drag racing. Ill sell ya mine which has about 500 or so miles on it. Still looks new. If your close by me (delaware) just give me the price and can try it out for 2 weeks or so. Dont like it just give back and ill give ya full refund.

I like mine, had it since 08. Big E has one for sale for $130. Hit him up!

Suzuki America sponsored me last year in the middle of a 10,500mi ride. they gave me a factory gel seat. I can not thank them enough!!
I was getting tears in my eyes at 400mi with the stock seat.
I was able to double my mileage the 1st day I rode on the gel!
San Diego to Chilli ( Eastern mountains outside Albequerque) New Mexico, in a day.
about 860mi or so.

I think they are totally worth it!:beerchug:

@04LE - Really? I'm from MD so its close enough, lol. I'd be dumb enough to even ride out to ya, lol.

Back