Suzuki Gel Seat seams hard???

gimble

Registered
I just installed the new suzuki gel seat on my 08...seams harder than the stock one. Wasn't expecting that! Anyone out there have any experience with these seats? Will it soften up after some ride time?

THANKS

there seems to be a few owners who did NOT like them. (I was going to buy one but backed out after reading the feedback here)

yes.. when you put your stock seat back on! :laugh:

"they" say it takes time to break in.... I broke mine out! and bought something else :whistle:

I sold mine and got a Corbin, no comparison. The gel was hot, hard, and uncomfortable, and it didn't get any better.

i went the cheap route and gutted the stocker and dropped in a gel insert to keep the stock look. it's a world of a difference and maybe a better alternative for ya. :whistle:

I just installed the new suzuki gel seat on my 08...seams harder than the stock one. Wasn't expecting that! Anyone out there have any experience with these seats? Will it soften up after some ride time?

THANKS

...man this topic is like asking what's the best tire or exhaust. I got the gel seat and put almost 2400 miles in one trip on it and was great. Your butt may vary. All I can say is high mileage seats all have one consistent thing in common, they are hard not soft and they are wide to disperse your weight.

Most do say something about the gel getting hot, I didn't see that, I didn't see any sun either during my trip...just rain.:laugh:

B.

Mine is fine now, was hard at 1st but got better with miles.

I tried a Tobin seat and it was less comfortable due to the decrease in rider height. If you are a midget, it might be the seat for you.

I am 185 pounds and 5'11" I have almost 6,500 miles on my gel seat and I think it is still hard. I may not have the weight to break it in. Also if it sees any sun it will will be searing hot. Happened to me once, it was baking my hams for the 5 miles left I had to ride. What was odd was my ridding gear didn't help save me from the heat.

I tried a Tobin seat and it was less comfortable due to the decrease in rider height. If you are a midget, it might be the seat for you.

X1000000000000

The stock seat came back on so fast after trying out the Tobin for a day or two. The tobin seat is definitely NOT for tall folks. 'Nuff said.

Im going to try and see if I will like Corbin seat. *crossing fingers*

Back