Suzuki Gel seat or aftermarket seat

04 Limited Busa

Registered
Ready to get a new seat, feel like I am riding a dirt bike. Fully suited up, I am about 220 lbs. Would like a little more comfort.

Ready to get a new seat, feel like I am riding a dirt bike. Fully suited up, I am about 220 lbs. Would like a little more comfort.

Have you thought of a new OEM seat? After 50K or so I bought a new seat as I had no complaints about the original, surprisingly. It was very cheap too and it’s been great. This is the first OEM seat that I liked so instead of replacing it with a multi hundred dollar custom, I just bought a new one.

Seats are 100% a personal preference.
I tried 6 different brands on my 08.
I've also ridden over a dozen gen2's.
I was really suprised that my stock seat was rock hard, and a friend's 08 stock seat was very soft and comfortable. Both bikes were bought new, and both seats felt this way from new, and after several thousand miles(at which point they were as broken in as they were gonna get).
The Corbin I bought was very good, and it took a couple thousand miles to break in and "fit".
I hated the Suzuki Gel seat, found it to be like sitting on a hot board.
Tobin/New Image(cut seat)keeps you stuck in one place, and made my knees uncomfortable. I think I tried every avaible Busa seat except a Russell Day Long and a Saddleman.
My favorite seat is a Kontour. I didn't find any difference in comfort over stock(as they just re-cover the stock seat foam with a breathable mesh), but since air can flow through it, the seat is never hot. It works amazing. So much that you'll need a cold weather seat. Ride on a Kontour seat on a cool day, and it'll freeze your ass, literally.
But again, the best seat is the one YOU the rider like the best. These are just my opinions, whatever that's worth.

Corbin is highly regarded as the premier seat for Motorcycles. I’ve never owned 1 tho so I can’t give a 1st hand opinion. I never bought 1 due to the lead time to takes to receive and the customer service issues I’ve heard about on several forums.

With that being said I own a Saddleman seat for my Busa and the quality is pretty damn good. Just holding it in your hands your can see and feel the quality difference vs stock. Also I agree with Arch in the Gel seats.... if you live in a hot sunny area don’t get gel cause it retains heat!!! Send it out and get it refurbished with a memory foam or something other than gel

If you need a Gen 2 gel seat. Ive got one for sale. Overall great condition. No rips or tears on seat.

$80 shipped to the 48 US.

Back