Any thoughts on the Suzuki gel seat?

voodoolord

Registered
I unfortunately dont have a selection of busas to sit on down here so I wanted to get your opinions on seats. Im about 165 pounds if that matters. Ive heard that the oem gel seat is pretty nice but doesnt stop your nuts from getting squeezed on the tank. I guess my nuts aren't that big a concern for me (did I just say that?) I would rather have my butt more comfortable for long rides. Which seats do you guys like?

For Gen 1 I never found any better or more confortable(at least my opinion) than the factory gel, and I tried all the Corbin's,tobins and such. As for Gen 2 I'm still searching. And I run 165-175lb range also.

I have over 11,000 miles on my Gel seat. I run 190 lbs and I think I have finally broke it in. If you scoot up toward the tank you will not get much comfort from the gel. If you have you butt all the way back it will be where the gel can do some good. I am looking for a white cover for mine because it will get hot with even a few minutes of sun exposure. Mine baked my hams for 20 miles once, not even the ridding pants helped.

Rode my buddy's '08 on the weekend and he's got the Suzuki gel seat. Hated it. It's hard as a rock (I'm 195lbs, if that matters) and slippery on top of that. My stock Gen1 seat is worlds more comfortable and grippy. I'd pass.

I am 160 lbs and have tried the gel seat and did not like it at all. I had the Tobin/New Image on mine for 5 years and just went with the Corbin. I have about 500 miles on the Corbin and it is still as hard as a rock. They say about 2K and it will be broke in. I sure hope its gets better. So far the Tobin gets my vote. I have to sit close to my tank to keep my arms from being so stretched out. With the Tobin I sit lower in the bike and that part is better.

I'm a pig but the gel seat really works for me. You do have to sit back on it to the fat of the seat to get the relief but for the price it's a pretty good seat.

send ur seat here Kalin Motorcycle Seats

cost me $300. gel with custom leather. the most comfortable thing ive ever sat on. been on 3 hour rides and I chit u not my ass is more comfortable then it is riding in my car for 3 hours. I weigh 202 lbs.

Try Billmayersaddlels I just put one one my o8 its a good seat. He turned around in one day, I thought he was full of bull but it is really a nice seat. I only have about a hundred miles on it but it is going to be a good seat, I will not have to break it in its broken in. It gets me back and low, And i am 6 1" 215.

Good input! I had heard the Suzuki gel seat was good but if it doesn't work unless your azz is all the way back then whats the point. Im half thinking about cutting out some memory foam and making one. I know someone here, I think it was sixpack went through about 5 seats allready.

Good input! I had heard the Suzuki gel seat was good but if it doesn't work unless your azz is all the way back then whats the point. Im half thinking about cutting out some memory foam and making one. I know someone here, I think it was sixpack went through about 5 seats allready.

It is.
I had the gel too, and hated it.
Rock hard and hot, refused to break in.
I'm 175lbs, 195lbs in leathers.
Gen1 corbin is really good, gen2 is no where near as good.
The gen2 Corbin doesn't curve up into the tank as much as the gen1 does.
Kontour makes a great seat, but only if you think it's comfortable before you send it to them. Their seats just allow air to pass through. Which is awesome in summer and awful in winter.
New Image/Tobin just leaves you stuck in one spot, but does have a nice slope up into the tank.
I've trimmed foam, added foam, removed and added gel pads too.
As soon as I get time I'm going to do a complete seat on my Corbin pan.
Personally, I want a stock shaped seat, only level when the bike is level, curving up into the tank, and wider at the tank. Sitting completely back on the stock seat isn't bad, but I always end up sliding into the tank, and I hate that.

I have the Suzuki Gel Seat and the only thing I liked was the look. It was hard, and as others have mentioned it would get hot. I am 6'1 and weigh around 250 and it just sucked. I sent it off to get it redone and it has made it a little more comfortable, but it still gets super hot, especially during the summer. Needless to say, when I get more funds, I am gonna be looking for another seat, even though I have about $300 into my Gel seat (That is the original cost and the cost I spent having it redone and that was just the cusioning that was redone. It looks stock on the outside.). I would pass on it, just my opinion.

I have had one on my busa for 30,000 miles or so, and find it very comfortable and no hotter than a stock seat. I ride with it all the time except for track days as it is hard to slide from side to side with the material used on the gel seat.

Rode my buddy's '08 on the weekend and he's got the Suzuki gel seat. Hated it. It's hard as a rock (I'm 195lbs, if that matters) and slippery on top of that. My stock Gen1 seat is worlds more comfortable and grippy. I'd pass.

I agree(it was my bike he swapped with). I am 245lbs.

I have had the seat for 3 years now, and if I go out for anything more than one hour, I use the stock seat.

When I rode down to Deals Gap, I used the stock seat with an airhawk. Best seat ever!

I've had one for 10000 miles and love it compared with standard... its a cheap upgrade for a bit of comfort. Combine with Buell pegs and you can ride all day...

Back