Seats??

efiguero

Registered
Ok, so did some searching around the forum and found many threads on the different seats that are available for our bikes. Many of the comments I noticed were right after the install or a couple of weeks after. I am curious to hear from you guys that have had them on for a good while, and how they feel after they have been broken in, regrets or any other advice would be interesting to hear.

I currently have the Suzuki Gel seat and really don't think it is much more comfortable than the stock, or at least that I can remember. I have been using the gel seat for about year now. If it helps any, I am 6'1 250, and have the buel pegs and helibars on the bike. Just trying to make it more comfortable, and wonder if one of these other seats might help. One concern is sitting lower and if that will effect the comfort, etc.

New Image, Saddlemans, Corbins, etc..

Thanks

Last edited:
Tobin... search past threads... there is a ton of info on the subject.

I have a custon Tobin seat and have put 14 hour days on it, no issues. My Busa is lowered, then I bought the Tobin which lowered me even more. It's your stock seat, cut down to better fit you...at first I felt like I was way too low, having both a lowered Busa and the cut seat, but overall I love it, handle long trips just fine and have zero complaints on it...

I've never tried any other seats, and I was actually a fan of the stock one, so hopefully others will chime in about Corbin, etc... :)

Tobin... search past threads... there is a ton of info on the subject.

Yeah I did a search and not thing much in regards to reviews or comments after people have had them for a while. I have seen more comments about the Gel seat sucks (Which I can pretty much agree with), heard bad stuff about the Corbin’s, the consensus seems to be Tobin, or New Image now since the fall out of the two owners. Then there are the Saddleman seats that seem to be sort of new, but some had issues with the battery terminals, but I think it was fixed. Again, no real reviews after long-term usage, at least that I could find. Maybe I did not go back far enough in the search results, but I am looking for more recent info to.

WEll... I bought a new image set a month ago, I swere it is the best mod I have done to my bike soooo comfortable its worth every penny!

I have a custon Tobin seat and have put 14 hour days on it, no issues. My Busa is lowered, then I bought the Tobin which lowered me even more. It's your stock seat, cut down to better fit you...at first I felt like I was way too low, having both a lowered Busa and the cut seat, but overall I love it, handle long trips just fine and have zero complaints on it...

I've never tried any other seats, and I was actually a fan of the stock one, so hopefully others will chime in about Corbin, etc... :)

Perfect info, exactly what I am looking for, thanks for taking the time. So no crampness or anything after losing the room after the seat was lowered a bit. I don't want to be counter productive by getting a lower seating position after I installed the buel pegs. I don't want to basically cancel them out since I would be losing some room by getting a lower seat. Does that make sense?

I currently have the Suzuki Gel seat and really don't think it is much more comfortable than the stock, or at least that I can remember. I have been using the gel seat for about year now. If it helps any, I am 6'1 250, and have the buel pegs and helibars on the bike.

Thanks

Does the Suzuku Gel Seat feel like it puts you down any lower than the stock height at all?

Im 5'11" and almost 230, and im still trying to get comfortable riding on this 09. A 7 hour ride (up and down), from 100ft elevation to 4000ft elevation just about killed my ass & back yesterday. The 08-09 tanks at stock height looks to be about an 1" shorter than the 99-07 tanks, so im thinking if i was sunk in a bit, it would help with the ergonomics that i was so accustomed to.

I honestly dont think i'd be able to get a change "comfort" wise on my 09unless i went to a Tobin like on my 99.

Does the Suzuku Gel Seat feel like it puts you down any lower than the stock height at all?

Im 5'11" and almost 230, and im still trying to get comfortable riding on this 09. A 7 hour ride (up and down), from 100ft elevation to 4000ft elevation just about killed my ass & back yesterday. The 08-09 tanks at stock height looks to be about an 1" shorter than the 99-07 tanks, so im thinking if i was sunk in a bit, it would help with the ergonomics that i was so accustomed to.

I honestly dont think i'd be able to get a change "comfort" wise on my 09unless i went to a Tobin like on my 99.

To be honest I gel seat bumps you up a little more than the stock, the stock seat seems to be a little thinner. I could be wrong, just my impression. As far as comfort, my butt hurt on the stock one after riding about 100 miles or so and still does on the gel seat. However I think the gel seat does get hotter quicker, which others have mentioned, and I think is part of what makes it uncomfortable to me. I like the look though, it looks nice and I have had many complements on it, but looks are only skin deep, lol. I am tempted to swap back to my stock just to see if I can tell the difference.

Tobin/New image is a as best as you're gonna get IMHO...but thats a matter of taste I guess...MOST people who try a Tobin are happy and love it, I've had mine for severla years and wouldn't trade it. Gonna put one on the 09 too, wife has one on her 1K and I could put one on my track bike I would...but thats just stupid:laugh:

Perfect info, exactly what I am looking for, thanks for taking the time. So no crampness or anything after losing the room after the seat was lowered a bit. I don't want to be counter productive by getting a lower seating position after I installed the buel pegs. I don't want to basically cancel them out since I would be losing some room by getting a lower seat. Does that make sense?

I won't lie, I think the stock seat was more comfy, but I do long trips without major issues on the Tobin. I notice the seat more on my inner thighs because it's been cut down, so there's less padding. I'm a gal, so I can't tell you how the cut seat affects the guys in "other areas" LOL Also, I'm not tall (just 5'6") so you may feel the effects of having both Buell pegs and the Tobin seat more than I might. I'll let the guys chime in here that have both (I know we have some) and perhaps they can give you insight on that combo...

Having my Busa lowered for years before getting the cut Tobin seat was quite a bit to get used to as well. For the first few rides out, I really thought having the Tobin was a mistake, just too much lowering effects overall, but I got used to it and love it now.

tell you how the cut seat affects the guys in "other areas"

hey! never you MIND about our "other" areas there missy...

I'm watching you...???

tell you how the cut seat affects the guys in "other areas"

hey! never you MIND about ou "other" areas there missy...

I'm watching you...???

:rofl: Hey, I'm just sayin'...I don't know such things :lol:

I like the new image/tobin seats. It makes you set on the bike a little lower and it also rotates your hips slightly backwards. I love mine.

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 457
Last edited:
sounds like more Tobin/New Image recommendations. Anyone chime in about the new Saddleman's? Thanks for all the info, so far!

Hello all. I made a prior post about the Saddlemen seat and posted the warning about it putting pressure on the battery terminals. Another fellow posted up that his Saddlemen was sitting on his battery terminals and that he took/sent it back. Saddleman drilled large holes in their pan to alleviate the pressure on the battery terminals. IMHO - Their seat pan doesn't fit well (unless they have improved it). It was difficult to get on the bike and never did fit properly. I drove to Saddlemen (near my home) and had them craft their "Track" seat onto my factory seat pan. It is "tits". It (of course) fits perfect and for me the difference is "night and day". The seat material is kinda "tacky" (you don't slide on it). This might be bad if you like sliding from side to side while on a track. For me, I don't slide so I have less pressure on my wrists/arms. It helps. And.....The comfort is not in the same league as stock. My first ride (home) on the stock seat made me numb in less than 15 minutes. With the Saddlemen, I can sit on it for hours without issue. I highly recommend the Saddlemen IF you have them craft their seat onto your stock Suzuki seat pan. Oh; I've had it on the bike for about three months and 3000 miles now.

For me the Tobin/New Image is plenty comfy for long rides, beats the heck out of the stock or the Suzuki gel seat.

72.jpg

Back