Long Distance Riding?

As so many have posted, mods and practice get me ready for longer trips. I'm very comfortable--except--butt ache! I've switched to the Suzuki gel seat, but it doesn't seem to make much difference. I still want to explore other options--so--suggestions??

4. Compression shorts (aka bikecycle shorts under your leathers) believe it or not these can reduce saddlesore a great deal.

Something like:
Mt. Borah Pro Short

Well folks i think the info you have all given is just great, however before people start taking the :whistle: 250 miles on the roads in Europe are very different to 250 miles on the straight roads of the USA! 250 miles can often take over 8 hours of your day with breaks because of all the hairpins, and villages. Thanks for all the help though, very much appreaciated.:beerchug:

Yes, not sure we took that into account' but I'm pretty sure that the advice is still good for any stretch of time spent on a bike in just about any road condition...

Now with that in mind, maybe we should set up a rotation and fly out to your place for a weekend of riding! :poke: :beerchug:

Well folks i think the info you have all given is just great, however before people start taking the :whistle: 250 miles on the roads in Europe are very different to 250 miles on the straight roads of the USA! 250 miles can often take over 8 hours of your day with breaks because of all the hairpins, and villages. Thanks for all the help though, very much appreaciated.:beerchug:

In my opinion your kind of roads make it easy to do long rides. Sure beats the hell out of a 500 mile straight ride. At least you get to move around on the seat and keep the blood flowing.:thumbsup:

Yes, not sure we took that into account' but I'm pretty sure that the advice is still good for any stretch of time spent on a bike in just about any road condition...

Now with that in mind, maybe we should set up a rotation and fly out to your place for a weekend of riding! :poke: :beerchug:

Guys if you want to come over to Europe with me then "get em shipped over" i'll show you some roads!!! All the bro's state side would be more than welcome:thumbsup:

In my opinion your kind of roads make it easy to do long rides. Sure beats the hell out of a 500 mile straight ride. At least you get to move around on the seat and keep the blood flowing.:thumbsup:

Hhmmmm??? ok i'll give you that but only in Theory:lol:

2nd picture certainly makes your ass clench when your going around it and something comes the other way!:please:

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

See what I mean that would absolutely keep the blood flowing and the ride exciting.:rofl: You don't need a corbin for those roads you need depends diapers.

Last edited:

Hey Sonny, those two photos lQQks very similar to some of the roads we road during the 2005 Suzuki Cycle Fest in Colorado on on way to Aspen. :beerchug:

Do you remember the one lane cliff ride?

Last edited:
I have done from El Paso, TX to Colorado Springs in one day... No issues here except my butt hurt on the way back home.... :laugh: The bike was 2 weeks old :laugh:

Back