Long Distance Riding

gaw

Registered
Need some feed back on the comfort factor for long distance riding. I do several trips a year for about a week, doing 400+/- miles a day. Currently ride by Valkyrie for these trips, but this is a heavy bike for the fun twisties in the California mountains.
Currently looking at the all black limited 2003 bike. Got one quote for $10,500 out the door, sounds pretty good to me.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
smile.gif

ks-waterbug,

Yea, I checked that one out. Called the dealer. The shipping cost to my area is $750, plus I have to pay tax and registration for California. If purchased at the $9,800 the total OTD cost is about $11,000.
I have found one in the LA area for $10,500 OTD
Thanks for the info.

The busa is an excellent sport tourer. It has the power and stability to handle anything you want to throw at it, and it rolls down the highway without being blown to the side or tossed. For long distance I would recommend you get a corbin seat for more comfort, as well as some bar risers and a sport touring screen. You can order the seat directly from corbin, the bar risers from www.helibars.com or www.racingreaper.com, or www.genmar.com. Reaper is by far the best deal $40 to your door. The sport touring screen can be purchased from zero-gravity and makes a tremendous difference on long trips.

I do about 6k or 7k a year including a couple 1500 mile trips, and I've made these mods and they make a world of difference. One other thing you can do is swap out the footpegs for the pegs on a TL 1000, which will give you another 1/2 inch or so of leg room.

Hope this helps.

Back