First Long distance ride

killerrudy

Registered
Well I did my first long distance ride last night. Went from San Diego to Laughlin. 300 miles. Tried to make it in 3 hours with the annoyance of traffic at 4 different locations. I would of made it, but the NV state police put me behind schedule by 30 minutes when I got busted for 90 in a 55. At least the cop was really nice to me. He started talking about his cruiser he had how hard it was to go slow on the back empty roads. So he cut me a break and gave me a ticket for 5 over. So I would say that the trip was good. Kinda uncomfortable after 220 miles. But with the high winds and then hail and some rain, it kinda took the fun out of it. But we will see tomorrow when I head back if thats any better.

Sorry to hear about the unpleasant encounters on your ride. Here's hoping the return trip will be betta. :beerchug:

D

Dude, any time your doing 90 in a 55 and only get jacket for 5 over is cause for celebration....

Last edited:
if you met this guy, you would know why the cop gave him a lesser ticket. i mean look at that face.... so adorable...

Well I did my first long distance ride last night. Went from San Diego to Laughlin. 300 miles. Tried to make it in 3 hours with the annoyance of traffic at 4 different locations. I would of made it, but the NV state police put me behind schedule by 30 minutes when I got busted for 90 in a 55. At least the cop was really nice to me. He started talking about his cruiser he had how hard it was to go slow on the back empty roads. So he cut me a break and gave me a ticket for 5 over. So I would say that the trip was good. Kinda uncomfortable after 220 miles. But with the high winds and then hail and some rain, it kinda took the fun out of it. But we will see tomorrow when I head back if thats any better.
For long rides I take the 14....the busa just beats my tall a** up too much :laugh:

Well a little info from the trip. Total length 298 miles.

Way there averaged 100-110 on the freeway(265 of the total miles) got 43.1mpg

Way back. Followed the RV the whole way and drafted. averaged 55-70mph got 62.3mpg! That is a new record for me. Had it in C mode, but I don't think that really made a difference. I was still amazed by it though. Rode 276miles between the fillups and put in 4.43gals!

I have sworn off that "C" mode has done anything for fuel conservation since I have had the bike. Just rolled 14k too!! Still running strong! Feeling bad though because I just cleaned the chain for the first time since I bought it!! I know, Bad Brian!

Back