Hayabusa in Sport Touring class????

Rick Ekstrom

Registered
As I read several threads on this forum I keep seeing/reading that this bike is in the Sport Touring classification... When I go on the Suzuki website it is listed under sport bike.
Can someone tell me how this rocket gets classified as a Sport tourer and where does it state that. Just wondering?? ???
I tell my riding buddies that this bike is the fastest bike in it's class and when I tell them it's concidered a sport tourer, I get the deer in the headlight look ???
So with that said, I need some clarification:banghead:

Actually in 99 when the busa came out there wasn't a class for it at all. It was put into a class called a supersport or hypersport and that is where the sport touring came from. The body position is not as agressive as the liter bikes and the weight, frame and size put it in that class all by itself. The busa was alone in that catagory until the ZX14 came out and they are really the only two in that class....

The ZX10 is equivellant to the GSXR 1000 and the ZX12 was still agressive and in the litre bike catagory too.....

cap

Not to mention the Busa can accommodate a host of different saddle bags and tanks bags with ease, whereas the smaller liter bikes would be hard pressed to do so, since their tail sections are virtually non-existent. It's just a much larger bike, which lends itself to being a bit more than a daily driver.

Whatever class they put it in, i consider my bike a sport touring model. I saddle her up and take 1000-3000 (even longer next year) mile trips and when i reach my destination i strip her down and lean her over as hard as i dare! :thumbsup:

Shhhh... don't tell on us... being a "sport tourer" is how Statefarm can give us such cheap rates.. so keep it in the HUSH..

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

I did an 8,000 mile trip around the US this past summer. The bike makes an excellent sport touring bike with bags added. But the best part is you're not stuck with a full time sport touring bike. I don't find full time sport touring bikes to be attractive and they of course make some performance compromises. Nothing wrong with them but I prefer the Busa.

Here is a pic of mine from the trip.

Hayabusa_Badlands01.jpg

Back