New to Me K8. Sport Tourer????

JGGUNS

Registered
I have been riding liter bikes for years and at 40 I was starting to feel my age after long rides. I decided to pick up a K8 with 1900 miles on the clock on Tuesday. They may class this as a "Sport Tourer" but it really does lean heavily on the sport. I got to put 125 miles on it yesterday and I love it. It requires a little more effort in the tight stuff but it cruises like a Howeitzer when things straighten out. I was a little concerned that I would be giving up a lot due to my riding style in jumping up to this class but I think I am going to like it. I typically put a lot of miles on my bikes every year and I'm looking forward to long trips. :beerchug:

BUSA.jpg

She will tour effortlessly, you just need pack your luggage well. Welcome to the oRg! :welcome:

Yeah, that's the whole reason I have one. I put a lot of miles on and do lots of touring and long distance riding. But when you get to the twisty stuff, it handles remarkably well for it's size. It's my do it all bike.

Sure, I could ride a gixxer 1k a bit faster on a windy road, but I'd not want to ride 1000+ days on one.

congrats and welcome. and PERFECT time to get a "pumpkin" for Thanksgiving (or Halloween) :)

Last edited:
I have been riding liter bikes for years and at 40 I was starting to feel my age after long rides. I decided to pick up a K8 with 1900 miles on the clock on Tuesday. They may class this as a "Sport Tourer" but it really does lean heavily on the sport. I got to put 125 miles on it yesterday and I love it. It requires a little more effort in the tight stuff but it cruises like a Howeitzer when things straighten out. I was a little concerned that I would be giving up a lot due to my riding style in jumping up to this class but I think I am going to like it. I typically put a lot of miles on my bikes every year and I'm looking forward to long trips. :beerchug:

I use my Busa for touring alot. Invest in comfy seat to prevent the numb ass. See picture of my Busa loaded for a tour below to get and idea. Bagster tank cover, Oxford magnetics tank bag and Ventura soft luggage system. Happy touring. :thumbsup:

European Trip 097.jpg

European Trip 100.jpg

European Trip 136.jpg

I went from a Ducati to a new K8 for the same reason...the racing crouch was just too hard on my 50 year old body (there is a big difference between feeling young and BEING young). I was also tired of being blown all over the road in the Texas winds. The Busa is a lot roomier and much more stable. You may need to make a few modifications if you want to ride very long distances, like adding helibars and the Buell pegs, depending on your size. I am 6ft and 175# and find the riding position just about perfect. I even like the stock seat (although many here don't).

I've been riding for 36 years and have yet to find a better all around bike than the Busa. For me, at least, it's as close to perfection as I think I'll ever get.

The Busa is a great all around bike. You may find other bikes that do something better in one catagory or another, but none to all of them as well.

IMG_0291.jpg

4 Launching.JPG

DSCI0008.jpg

Last edited:
Do a thread search mate. It'll save you a lot of time and there is so much information on this site about it. There are also several good threads about changing bar height, changing screens, and luggage. I'm not into touring myself, if I was I'd buy a Goldwing and do it in style, but each to their own!

I see where there are several people on here talking about Buell pegs. Will Buell rear sets bolt up or is there an adapter. Which model Buell pegs fit?
:welcome:- here is the link! the buell peg mod is great for anyone over 6ft.and it's plug and play to our stock rearsets. contact joe and he will hook you up with a set. the kit comes with pegs and a pair of collars and springs.

Back