Hayabusa - Sport or Sport touring??

I dont have a busa......yet. Though I did get ins quote for one.

come to $378 yrly full cov for a '08 GSXR 1300- State Farm  
clap.gif

Strange thing is my current bike (05 ZX10R)
I have thru them is around the same price?  

I beleive location to has something to do
with rates as well along with age,cc's etc..

I live in SE OK, a small town with very few sportbikes
But a ton of Harleys & other cruiser makes.

$577 a year, Progressive, full coverage....and I'm 42 years old....go figure......
coolold.gif
Also insured as a GSX1300R......

sounds like it time to shop for a new insurance company. Can you believe that we all sign a contract and pay them based on the terms but they get to change ("correct") the terms without negotiation.
guns.gif
No matter what they want to call your bike or the catagory the rate can be whatever they want.

Economy times are rough so it's a good excuse ("opportunity") for them to adjust ("give you the shaft")your rate.

I was with American Family for full coverage for me was $185/month...I checked State Farm with my wife's plan....$28/month...State Farm ROCKS!!!!
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

I have USAA and I only pay $450 a yr with a zero deductible. When I go tmy bike I considered progresive and state farm and they laugh when I asked for a zero deductible. My thing is I pay my insurance to fix my bike soemthing goes wrong, I dont want to worry about about having to pay a deductible to get my bike back.

$140/yr. $500 deductible. Can't hate that... I always initially saw sport touring for the Busa. Now I'm seeing Sport a lot more.

super.gif
PM -->
dbf82 @ May 22 2008 said:
1426355[/ATTACH] PM]
My insurance only cares about engine size as well at State Farm. I only pay $18 extra on top of my 3 cars full coverage. $129 a month for 3 vehicles and a bike. U might wanna look into that man
Yea, but you are in South Dakota, big difference comparing rates to a place like lets say hummmmm VEGAS.  But it never hurts to shop around.
Definitely hear ya.....but my rates wouldn't change that much going to be city either. I'm 26 with a clean driving record as well as my wife being 28 yrs old with the same
peace.gif

super.gif

I think Louisiana has the highest insurance rates in the entire universe. Reading what you all play for a year makes me vomit. I'm seriously looking other companies up again to make sure I'm not getting the short end of the stick here. /angry

well no way around it...termed super sport, hyper sport, or Sport but no having sport / touring which I would have thought it was more designed for

We pay 1800 a year in BC Canada and keep in mind our dollar is the same... that is Vancouver

25 years riding experience no accidents and no speeding tickets...any of those and I would hate to see the cost

So guess I figure, if your going to play you have to pay... up here anyway sadly

you guys have it made !!!

State Farm here. All they care about is the engine size (cc's). Mine came up as 1340, so much cheaper insurance than a 1000, 750, or 600cc "sport" bike. :)

Just got in full insurance on mine plus all the added custom stuff, theft,under/uninsured, comp etc for $60 a month and can put it in lay up during non riding season over here so it will drop down during that time to maybe $20 a month.I just told them its a 1300 and they said sport touring.If I got a liter bike, it would be more but we have a lot of accidents here on the gixxer type bikes.I also have all my cars, house etc with the same company so I saved some.

Depends on the state. In California, I was paying $62 mo to SF for my Bandit. They had my house and 3 cars. Geico I pay $30 mo.

I have mine through Progressive. I have full coverage on a 2011 ZX14, and liability on a 2006 Hayabusa, 1999 ZX9R, 2006 Boulevard C50 and 2005 GS500. All those total up to $162.00 a month. I did have State Farm but was paying almost twice that much and they all had to be on seperate policys for some reason.

I know we're not talking about a Busa with my insurance but they (Farmers) rates it by cc's. I have a 1200 (Bandit 1200s) to them and pay 20$/month.

Back