Zero Gravity Sport Touring Windscreen

mjrfd99

Registered
I'm looking at windscreens with more height as I'm 6'1. Anyone have any feedback on the Z-Gravity sport tour screen or others that have a taller profile.  I'm more of a sport tour type rider and preffer less windblast. Also how hard is it to change the w-screen.  Thanks for all the newbie help so far.

I like my Puig touring windscreen. It does seem to push the air a little higher. Plus I can see the guage panel easier. Two screws w/ rubber inserts to R&R. Done deal!

..double bubble

00000002a.JPG

I tried one a couple of years ago (winter time) the buffiting was so awful i pulled it off after 1 ride,i am 5'11''

Ran the zg double bubble for a long while. Ok but not perfect.

Now i use the cut back version of the z/g double bubble. Easier to climb forward on,and smoother at all speeds.

I'm 6'8" and use the ZG Sport Touring Windscreen.  1st I tried the double bubble and it redirected the wind blast directly at my head which was very uncomfortable and painful after a couple hundred miles.  I then got the sport touring model and it has been great.

To remove the screen, don't remove the screws shown above all the way.  Leave them attached by a couple of threads so that you can pull out the rubber part with them.  You will have to either tape the edges of the ZG screen or use weather stripping on the areas that insert into the fairing to stop it from vibrating.  The ZG screens are thinner plastic than the stock screens.  To reinsert teh rubber parts, stick 'em in your mouth to get them wet so they will slide back into the holes easier.

Joe

I stared a thread about 2 weeks ago and someone posted a nice pic of an MRA screen looked real nice

I am 6'1" and I love the ST. Tried the Double bubble and hated it. All a matter of where the wind hits you. Side note I also have a Genmar spacer and Heli bars which sets me up higher and affects where the wind hits you. The ST is perfect for me.

(JQBusa @ Jul. 30 2007,19:14) I am 6'1" and I love the ST. Tried the Double bubble and hated it. All a matter of where the wind hits you. Side note I also have a Genmar spacer and Heli bars which sets me up higher and affects where the wind hits you. The ST is perfect for me.
6'-4" and the same basic setup. Like it a lot. Haven't tried a Double Bubble so I have only the stock screen to reference here.
beerchug.gif

I am 6'1", and have the Zero Gravity Sport Touring Windscreen. It does deflect the wind better than the standard WS, and it was easy to install.

I like the ZG sport tour screen,,,may have one for sale in a few days,,cant post pic's til after work.

I'm 6'3" and installed a Puig DB 1,000+ miles ago.

Provides quieter air to duck into without having to "tuck tight" and have to nearly lay on the tank with the OEM stock screen.

When more upright at speeds up to +(-)90, the wind still hits at chest height providing "good pressure/lift" in the chest.

Thickness seems very similar to OEM, so no squeaks or rattles thus far, and great at high/warp speeds.

Has been a good mod for me.

Back