I went from sport bikes
to cruisers and back .

To name a few
I had a CBR1100XX,
ZX14, Buells, M109R
and now on my first
Hayabusa at 54 .

Wish I'd have done the Hayabusa first .

Don't stop riding until you're dirt napping .

Go for it !

77d560e0-ab51-0132-9a17-0e01949ad350.gif

Welcome. I just got my first sport bike this year. 2005 busa with 4k on it. I rode dirt bikes and cruisers before. Like I said this is my first rocket and haven't riden in a long time, and I love it. I'm 37 not old I don't think but sure not 20 no more... lol

I know of someone , that could be close to the age to rival the oldest rider tag , but not only that , also the builder and future rider of certainly one of the most potentially intimidating Busa's , and top runner for 'fastest and most powerful streetbike' tag too ! If plans come to fruition , as expected , well , he will have all comers soundly whipped , no matter what your age ! Okay , sounds like this fella is in top nick ...well truth is , he's been busted up more than most ( search up some posts ) , but his sound life ethics , and gutsy attitude , I believe , are where his considerable strengths are drawn .
Of course I'm talking about Mike Parris Heuberger , and his 650 BHP+, LSR project of his own personal creation . He has only top echelon components and great people involved , heavy hitters such as Frank from Powerhouse as one example . Really , like many others , can't wait for Mike's machine to be finished , and then some serious testing !!
Just goes to show if you got that the need for speed , then age ain't no barrier .:race::super:

Health is the problem when you get older, back, joints, etc. but if the need is there?????

I'm with you on that truth , old joints etc , old injuries take the shine off most activities . Getting older with escalating ailments , well just to be able to enjoy your motorcycle choice , and to ride is good enough for most . Busa riders , such as yourself busabobh , are ambassadors to the org. , inspiring others to also maintain the love to ride . To me , riding and enjoying your Busa , around 20 years on from my own experience is awe inspiring in itself , and that is also why Mike's choice of build / ride is a little rare .
Be great to think I also was going to be not only physically capable , but also possess the necessary desire for riding such a machine as his build , at 70...
Well I can tell you now , regardless of whether those huge requirements however unlikely are to eventuate for me , that I do actually find my standard motored Busa , more than enough for my current needs and desires and abilities . I will be more than happy to be able to throw a leg over my classic Gen 2 in 20 years time , and just be okay to ride . Another reason I find all this even more amazing , and worth a mention .
Toad

51 and bought a Busa to drag race , and hills riding . Want junior (17yo) to get into drag racing bikes , so he will race it once he's up to speed . Still have a Street Glide for touring .

I am thinking of a Busa in my future. I have been off bikes for a number of years. My previous bikes were a Kawasaki 750 H2, (loved it) and a tree stump pullin' Norton 850 commando.
Now I am thinking of getting a Busa at 52 years old. I like to take it easy in the corners and crank it up on the straights when I have a clear view. Here in California there are lots of both. My style is to take it easy for a while as I get to know a bike and what it can do. Then I like to push it little by little till I have a good handle on it.
Any advice out there from other old guys.
Im 50 and bought my Hayabusa only a few months back and am enjoying it thoroughly. It is an easy bike to ride and loads of un. I have been doing a lot of mountain touring on it in India where the roads are terrible, yet it is great fun to ride the Hayabusa. It is one heck of a bike. Then age is not an issue, its just a number.

Im 50 and bought my Hayabusa only a few months back and am enjoying it thoroughly. It is an easy bike to ride and loads of un. I have been doing a lot of mountain touring on it in India where the roads are terrible, yet it is great fun to ride the Hayabusa. It is one heck of a bike. Then age is not an issue, its just a number.
Hi. Thanks ROADTOAD1340. Well it looks like I have a new fight to win. I have only 1 kidney and it got infected. I lost the other one when I was short in Nam. So I go to the VA. They cave me meds. They called me 8/30/18 at 7.30 AM to come in as soon as I can they think I may have cancer. I will let every one know what is up. I an still bulding the bike!

Hi. Thanks ROADTOAD1340. Well it looks like I have a new fight to win. I have only 1 kidney and it got infected. I lost the other one when I was short in Nam. So I go to the VA. They cave me meds. They called me 8/30/18 at 7.30 AM to come in as soon as I can they think I may have cancer. I will let every one know what is up. I an still bulding the bike!
That's a tough battle but you seem resilient and tough. You survived 'Nam, you will survive this. My thoughts will be with you.

Back