I just gote a busa also!

dragoon6779

Registered
I just bought a Busa to pick up Friday. I cannot wait. I have had for the past 7 years a CBR1000f (itself a fast bike), but from what I read about the Busa, lol, I am going to take it nice and easy for quite awhile. It sounds like the Busa compared to my old CBR1000F is like comparing my CBR1000F to a 550 or something.

LOL I am 1/2 scared already lol

Busa.jpg

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
to the Board. And DON'T be scared of the Busa  
wow.gif
 Respect it, Yeah ! But you'll love it and yes, it's alot more bike than your CBR1000F ever was  
beerchug.gif

to the board...like DaCol said, respect it and have fun
beerchug.gif

newbie.gif
Nice scoot, just rev it to 5K, drop the clutch and twist the right hand as hard as you can. Nuttin to it. Enjoy and be safe. No really.............................

seems the cbr is at least 50 lbs heaver and the busa has 50 more hp at least

the poor ole cbr was queen once but she doesn't look bad still after 17 years.

Cbr100f.jpeg

First off congrats on the busa purchase. Secondly I think you will find the busa is alot more like the CBR than you think. I had a 91 CBR1000F and it feels pretty close riding position wise but the busa just has allot more power and crowd appeal.
beerchug.gif

Welcome aboard!! The best Busa owners in the world are right here!!! Keep your knees in the breeze!!
beerchug.gif

Well, I picked it up and drove 90 miles back home. What a wonderful machine, much lighter than my old cbr1000f and feels more flickable.
However, perhaps due to my height of 5' 7" I was hunched up to the tank and had to cran my neck up, lol. So, I guess a low cut seat and Helibars might take care of that probllem. Also, it felt like the wind was lifting my helmet, something that never happened on my cbr, so perhaps a lower seat and back just a tad will work? Thoughts? Thanks

(dragoon6779 @ Jun. 22 2007,23:08) Well, I picked it up and drove 90 miles back home. What a wonderful machine, much lighter than my old cbr1000f and feels more flickable.
However, perhaps due to my height of 5' 7" I was hunched up to the tank and had to cran my neck up, lol. So, I guess a low cut seat and Helibars might take care of that probllem.  Also, it felt like the wind was lifting my helmet, something that never happened on my cbr, so perhaps a lower seat and back just a tad will work? Thoughts? Thanks
Sounds like you need a helmet that fits! Helmets should fit very very snug when new! Congrats on the purchase! Enjoy the lil things that your cbr couldn't do!

Back