FNG just bought my first Busa and DAMN she's fast!

mekaz

Registered
Hello all, my name is Mike and I am the proud new owner of an 06 Hayabusa LE. Its my first one and I love it already. SO much power compared to my VFR800, but I swear its as easy and comfy to ride. Any words of wisdom for me? Bike is totally stock w 7500 on the clock. Will post pics as soon as I figure out how lol. White and silver color scheme. Thank u in advance for any help getting settled w this bike and what to expect with ownership. Sincerely, mekaz

Congrats! Pics? Does it look like this? It’s the last year of the Gen1 LEs you know. At 7,500 you have many more smiles to go.:cool: This one has over 60,000 with nary a problem.
81B58F9D-B953-4C54-A067-FCD2F40BF544.jpeg

YES! That is it exactly! That is a great photo btw.I did not know about the gen1 thing, thank you. Is that a good thing? Its my first BIG bike, my other is an 04 VFR. I fell in love w the 06 in 06 and after 12yrs I finally got it. I traded a gentleman who could no longer ride in the tuck(back problems) for my 13 650 weestrom plus 1k on my end. He was almost as happy as I was. ALMOST. I am so excited to learn this bike. Im 40 and have been riding for 13yrs on various machines. No tix or accidents knock on wood. Rode it 47mi home today and what a stable bike. Really comfy too. Im 5'11 220. Rolled on the throttle on an open stretch of the 405 in socal and man she got up there quick. Gotta slowly get used to that power. Well thanks for the welcome and ride safe buddy. Sincerely, mekaz

Welcome mate , plenty of good info to be gleaned from the archive , maybe have a bit of a look through . CBXRider looks like he will have you sorted out , maybe check out what he recommends for the classic Gen 1 LE !! Cheers .:beerchug:

Join the club man! :welcome:

There is a wealth of knowledge to be tapped here my friend, ask away....
You'll always get a reply, also plenty of great general info and interesting subjects discussed , so many different personalities that all love the same machine,:race: BUSA POWER ! ! !

Welcome to the machine!!! Nice to see another Gen I addict on board. I've had mine for 14 years; never a dull moment. Enjoy and post pics :thumbsup:

sorry it took so long....this is her. My new love. slowly saving and building her. few mods done post pictures on brakes and suspension as suggested by a few wise people. getting it to stop and turn before adding HP. Lemme say that this is hands down the GREATEST bike I have ever ridden or owned. Im sure this comes as no shock and is completely understood. Thank you all for the advice. as well as the order of importance.

IMG_2403.JPG

fullsizeoutput_329.jpeg

sorry it took so long....this is her. My new love. slowly saving and building her. few mods done post pictures on brakes and suspension as suggested by a few wise people. getting it to stop and turn before adding HP. Lemme say that this is hands down the GREATEST bike I have ever ridden or owned. Im sure this comes as no shock and is completely understood. Thank you all for the advice. as well as the order of importance.

View attachment 1585040

View attachment 1585041
She looks like it just came off the showroom floor! You got a good one! Enjoy it and be safe out there. The search bar on this forum is your best friend and pretty much any question you might have has been answered on a thread here.

Back