Hayabusa for an old guy??

I am thinking of a Busa in my future. I have been off bikes for a number of years. My previous bikes were a Kawasaki 750 H2, (loved it) and a tree stump pullin' Norton 850 commando.
Now I am thinking of getting a Busa at 52 years old. I like to take it easy in the corners and crank it up on the straights when I have a clear view. Here in California there are lots of both. My style is to take it easy for a while as I get to know a bike and what it can do. Then I like to push it little by little till I have a good handle on it.
Any advice out there from other old guys.
I am thinking of a Busa in my future. I have been off bikes for a number of years. My previous bikes were a Kawasaki 750 H2, (loved it) and a tree stump pullin' Norton 850 commando.
Now I am thinking of getting a Busa at 52 years old. I like to take it easy in the corners and crank it up on the straights when I have a clear view. Here in California there are lots of both. My style is to take it easy for a while as I get to know a bike and what it can do. Then I like to push it little by little till I have a good handle on it.
Any advice out there from other old guys.[/QUOTEI am 47 and just got one, funnest thing in the world

I'm 60 in 3 weeks time and had mine 4 years, when I first got it I had a KTM990 Adventure and bought the Busa to keep my hand in with a big road bike.
I didn't ride it much or do much with it for 2 years coz I was fixated on the KTM and off road riding. I sold the KTM in Dec 15 and then started working on the Busa to freshen it up and give me something to focus on, I absolutely love my Busa and can't imagine any other bike taking its place!

Kids, all of you.:cool:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS99cBtiLJSro3LzOUqWCYKjwrmTS2O0IeYt6GaLPdZN3sx51IF.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRG59crzv3oXC2kQeF-mnSMIt4ifT8XpcfgpIAkTe-kksY9cONM8Q.jpg

Young whipper-snapper !
I remember 50, well, I think I remember fif.... ahhh, what was I saying?
Yup, you sure have a bike to be proud of mate, must owe ya about 50K lol.

I'd like to be just like you , when I get real old Kiwi ....a race replica Gen 1 , worn knee and elbow sliders on me Alpine Stars one piece , re profiled boot ends cos the ti plates are long gone , and plenty of free vouchers for me johnson and johnson riding diapers , 'case poop happens !! :thumbsup:

Back