New, Old Owner

Sputter

Registered
image.png
Hi folks,
Guess I need to come in and introduce myself. This is my first Hyabusa, I almost bought one in 2008 but the sales guy talked me out of it. I was at the Harley dealer getting parts and had thought about getting back into racing a little. They had a used Hyabusa and he talked me into a Buell 1125R, mistake on my part. So long story short I was cruising the web and found this at a different Harley dealer. It is a 2014 with 1230 miles on it, they said a 61 year old guy traded in for a Harley. Now a 57 year old guy owns it. I have to say it's a peppy lil bike. I grew up in Southern California but now live in South Dakota. I still work out of California though. I don't think I will ride it too much until I spiff it up a bit with a turbo and such. Set myself a goal of 200 mph in the mile, should be easy enough, and 8.50 in the 1/4 , will be a tad tougher since I likely won't go over 6" arm. Yes I have some experience in early 80s racing C/A with Dragbike on a GS and raced a little Speedway in 2000-2001. I think I got the picture in so nobody gets mad at me. I am usually a bit quiet on the boards but I will try as I see there are some smart people here . Thanks folks!
image.png

Nice bike sir :) I have a Black 2014 . When you go turbo P.M. me I would like the Akrapovic if your selling it

Welcome to the oRg, and very nice bike indeed. You are not the oldest busa rider by any means.

Thank you all very much for the warm welcome! c10 the pipes are slip ons, and yes they will be for sale along with the chrome Voo Doo rear sets. For a fair offer I could be made to take them off now? As soon as my 2013 Road Glide sells I will be turning the $$ into go fast parts for this bike. Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Darn I thought it was a full system . Looks great though . I have carbon yosh slip on's already :(

Thank you sir!

I really don't want to cut it up,
so I am going to try to keep mostly intact to try and meet my goals.

Shall see if I can still do it?

A big thanks to all for the kind words!

Have you even pinned your bike to see what it will do now ~ have you been to the drag strip to see how far off your start point is ?

Have you even pinned your bike to see what it will do now ~ have you been to the drag strip to see how far off your start point is ?

Well it depends? By pin it are you asking if I have squeezed the livin daylight savings out of it? If that's what you are asking the answer is no. I have only put about 20 miles on it, I did run it from 2000 in 1st to the top of 3rd, had to shut it down, industrial area was over 120. I have not had it to the track, do I need to? Do I need to pin it? It's just a grocery gitter! It pulls nice, I like the bike a lot ! It has been a long time since I had a fairly quick bike. I am looking forward to fixing it up a bit. I am getting towards the end of my competitive days so no time like the present. What do you think?

Well it depends?

By pin it are you asking if I have squeezed the living daylight savings out of it?

If that's what you are asking the answer is no.

I have only put about 20 miles on it,
I did run it from 2000 in 1st to the top of 3rd,
had to shut it down, industrial area was over 120.

I have not had it to the track,
do I need to?

Do I need to pin it?

It's just a grocery getr' !

It pulls nice,
I like the bike a lot !

It has been a long time since I had a fairly quick bike.

I am looking forward to fixing it up a bit.

I am getting towards the end of my competitive days so no time like the present.

What do you think?

My friend PirateDiverJeff has a 2nd generation Hayabusa similar to yours . . .

He let me ride that puppy at Ortega highway & I had FUN !

His tires came back scrubbed in a little better.

Suzuki got all but the looks fixed up .

Just ride her & have FUN !

Enjoy your bike .

Red, *<(:{)-

My friend PirateDiverJeff has a 2nd generation Hayabusa similar to yours . . .

He let me ride that puppy at Ortega highway & I had FUN !

His tires came back scrubbed in a little better.

Suzuki got all but the looks fixed up .

Just ride her & have FUN !

Enjoy your bike .

Red, *<:){)-
Hmmmmm? Where you guys at? My bike is near LA right now. I used to ride Ortega all the time when I was a kid. I never was one to carve it up though. Thanks for the fun wishes, I plan to have a little fun.

Hmmmmm? Where you guys at? My bike is near LA right now. I used to ride Ortega all the time when I was a kid. I never was one to carve it up though. Thanks for the fun wishes, I plan to have a little fun.

I'm about 6 miles north of Elsinore on the 15 and get up the Ortega every couple of weeks,Red's over by Menifee.

Good lookin bike, welcome aboard..!!
I would just ride it like it is and take those groceries for a ride they'll never forget..!! :thumbsup:

Back