New member, old owner !

Gramps

Registered
68 yrs old, starting at 16- Honda50, Honda Super90, Suzuki X6 Hustler, BSA Firebird Scramber, BSA 441 Victor Special, Triumph 650, Kawi ZX11, Harley 883 bored to 1200 ported & higher comp. Finally in 2000 a new Hayabusa.
Busa fell off improperly deployed kickstand & cracked the gen case, & lense popped off hi-beam in 2010, 8,000 miles.Got busy with business, fuel line rotted & dumped the shellac in the tank. Here I am 10 yrs later putting it back on the road.
New case cover, fuel lines coming, aftermarket headlight on order. I need to send injectors out for cleaning.
last time I rode was so long ago I forgot about the K&N, the PC II, & was wonder what that doohicky was coming up in middle of airbox on the floor ! After reading posts here I realized I had done the small airbox mod !!
Looking forward to getting it running again. Recommendatoons for injector cleaning shop. I’m located in Virginia, USA. & thinking the 10 yr plus old tires might be a good idea to retire.
Really looking forward to this forum.

Welcome to the forum and glad you are finally getting the beast up and running. If you happen to have any pictures of your bike, they would be most welcome as well.

You are right in thinking to replace the tires

LOL on best songs of 1952 ! Thanks all for your welcome. Thanks for heads up on injector cleaning. I’ll dial them up. What are odds my fuel pump is still good ? Should I go ahead & get a rebuild kit now or wait till I reassemble to find out.

LOL on best songs of 1952 ! Thanks all for your welcome. Thanks for heads up on injector cleaning. I’ll dial them up. What are odds my fuel pump is still good ? Should I go ahead & get a rebuild kit now or wait till I reassemble to find out.
In ease of having to be left on the side of the road, I'd go through all of the fuel system with a fine-toothed comb. After 10 yrs, any fuel which was in there is now crystallized and probably gummed up the pump and injectors to the point of no return..

Hi there! Welcome along, re the fuel system, definitely strip and clean the external fuel pump, replace filter and test pump motor operation.
Here's a link to a thread I created when I did some work on my '99 Busa pump.

If you use the search function top right hand corner of the page, you can find so munch valuable info on your bike.
Also there is links to the Suzuki Service manual for your model Busa.
Here's a link . . .
Click on the middle one of the 3 downloads . . it's the full OEM manual for the '99 to '00 model Busa.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, I’ll be reading everything I can find here. All fuel had gone out years ago because of a rotted line. I was surprised to see no corrosion inside the tank, just a dull gray coating. I had assumed the Sta-bil I put in had eaten thru the rubber. When I pulled the hoses off the tank before I lifted it out both lines came apart inside the spring wrap surrounding the lines. ill have to check press regulator also.
I’ve got all winter to relearn this bike.

Back