Hawaii???

Stay away from the 1500 dollar "ladies". Baaaaaaahhhhhh!! lol They are nasty as he!! and think they are worth that much! (I had some come up to me when I was at a couple bars) I had to laugh when they threw that number out there!

Yeah, no problem with that...never paid for it before, sure don't plan on starting now with a nasty one for 1500!

Rudy-do you look Japanese? Maybe they thought that you were a big money tourist?

Alright, North Shore tomorrow with a long trip up the coast, dreaming about being on two wheels. Seems that 25% of the drivers are on bikes here!

Nick, The north shore is nice but there are no waves this time of year. If you find yourself up there though visit an old time surf shop and in Haleiwa be sure and get a shave ice at Matsumoto's and their t-shirts are really cool too.

Waves this time of year can be found on the south shore ( Waikiki and Ala Monana ) I would recommend a surfing session or lesson on Waikiki, Hanauma bay used to be nice, but now it is way too crowded, if your in that area ask where the Toilet bowl is. It is a neat natural blow hole, that if the surf isnt too ruff you can swim through a short tunnel and pop up in the channel. Not far away is Sandy Beach and Makapuu, I used to watch tourist get slammed on the sand there and folks allways can be seen losing their swim suits, be careful if you get in the water there, a strong current and the waves are decieving...

Also for food, an absolute must for me would be " Ono Hawaiian Food " in Kapahulu.Ono Hawaiian Food in Honolulu, HI - 4 Stars From 1 Rating

Good times ... have some Poke' and a couple Heineken for me :beerchug:

Hawaii Aug 09 033b.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Kento-thanks for the tips! I will be sure to hit up Ono's! Also, I will probably skip the north shore then, as I was told that it's at least half a day trip to take the trip up there, and if the scenery isn't up to its peak, I would probably be better off investing my time in another place. HUuuuummmmm south shore trip?

Rudy-do you look Japanese? Maybe they thought that you were a big money tourist?

LOL! I just got off ship and was walking around with 10 other Marines. That is why they were bothering us. I wouldn't ever jump on some nasty girl for cash anyways. Having a real gf is much better...even though way more expensive in the long run. :thumbsup:

I did go surfing on the South shore though. Nothing fantastic, but since it was my first time I wasn't looking for giant waves. There are lots of rental places with in walking distance as well. Enjoy your time there!

Last edited:
Oh forgot to mention, for safety, just use common sense... everywhere is pretty safe but I would suggest no remote beaches or late night back alley's. Waikiki kinda turns from family oriented to adult after about 11 pm and just gets wierd after 1 or 2 am. But fun for People watching 24/7 :cool:

IMHO, perfectly OK to do a luau solo. I heard :whistle: you will need a lot of dollar bills when you're down Kapiolani Street :laugh:

P.S. Are you a Navy Corpsman or Airforce Medic?

I'll probably hit up a luau then...just don't want to be the weird guy!
Dollar bills!!! I haven't been to one of those in a couple of years, I may have to drop by there this week!

Also, I am an AF Medic...but really here accompanying a co-worker as a medical assistant. Coverage in the event that something happens during the flight, and to coordinate his travel, get anything he needs while inpatient, etc.

Umm yeah! I heard Club Femme Nu and Rock Star, I believe it is, if you have dollar bills you want to give away! I hear it's highly recommended :whistle: !

As far as food is concerned, if you like sushi and seafood, I highly recommend Todai's (buffet) on Waikiki. The BOMB :thumbsup: :cheerleader: !! And there is another one which is also a buffet at the Aloha Towers, this would be my second choice.

another i just thought of for eats is kai ana burger a few miles before you hit halleiwa beach in the north shore.

Dont know if they still do but they used to rent Harley's and Yami R6's in Waikiki for like $200 per day. Did you notice how many riders roll with out a lid? Even on the freeway... no helmet law in Hawaii.

Pict0030.JPG

busa 21.jpg

Last edited:
Funniest thing I ever saw in Waikiki was about 10+ years ago a tall, black "working" girl with a blonde wig leaning on a short Japanese tourist and speaking perfect japanese to him, and he was trying to get away from her. :laugh:

Last edited:
Well, I had an itchin' for going to the North Shore so I took a ride all the aay up there. Long trip in a car with a TON of traffic, but once I got up there, it was like something out of a dream! I have changed my lottery dream house to something just off of Haleiwa Road right next to Aweoweo Beach Park. Houses weren't beautiful, but the scenery was simply breathtaking.

another i just thought of for eats is kai ana burger a few miles before you hit halleiwa beach in the north shore.

Schism-I did drop by the burger shop you mentioned, and their avacado burger was outstanding! I even bought a t-shirt!

Kento-I tried to find that shaved ice place you mentioned, but couldn't locate it. I was on a roll, and couldn't find a shaved ice place that didn't have a line out the door!

After my trip to the north shore, I followed highway 83 (Kamehameha Hmy) around the north and east side of the island. Slowly but surely there were dotted beautiful beaches all along the coast. If it weren't for all of the traffic, that curves on that road would make for a terrific ride as well!

FWIW, if I lived here, I probably would never show up for work. I would be out riding all of the time!

Lastly-Kento, you were right, hardly anyone wears a helmet around here. Maybe 10% of all of the riders wore a lid, much less a pair of boots, gloves, etc. I cannot rent a bike while here....well I could, but if something happened, I could be in BIG trouble. I have to be licensed by the AF for that base through the base safety office, and they won't do that for someone like me who is only here for a short time. Worst case, I get in an accident, and get hurt or die. They can force me to pay for the medical bills, or even deny my life insurance to my family!

Tomorrow after running a few trips for my patient, I will do the south shore, with a stop into Ono's restaurant. Hope to take a bunch more pics too!

Schism-I did drop by the burger shop you mentioned, and their avacado burger was outstanding! I even bought a t-shirt!

i told you it's good eats! :thumbsup:

Well I had good news today. My return flight is being delayed until Monday. Three more days (weekend) on Oahu!

Well I had good news today. My return flight is being delayed until Monday. Three more days (weekend) on Oahu!

I remember those days...getting stuck in Hawaii because the planes are hung up (I am a Navy Corpsman, used to be in Guam and flew a lot as an attendant for MEDEVAC flights). Always kept some singles handy :whistle:
P.S. Forgot to add the swap meet at the Arena right across from the Arizona memorial, might be worth your while.

Kromdom-you may be familiar with the base I am staying at then! I'm staying at Pearl Harbor Navy Station...in the CPO rooms! Talk about treating an AF guy well! I asked around about the swap meets at the stadium, and they said that it was a good stop to make, but don't look too flashy.

BTW, since I have a bit more time, I delayed eating out tonight and did some laundry instead. Plus, today's duties took a bit more time than expected. Instead of going out, I bought some Ahi-Wasabi Poke as mentioned by Kento. Alson, instead of the Heini that he mentioned, I tried some local beer--Kona brewing's Longboard island lager. Pretty good stuff!

Yes, I approve! :cool: Not bad brew at all however one night in Kona at the at the Collective Soul Concert, after my 7th longboard ... I dont remember what happened til I woke up the next day ... :beerchug:

lngbrd_bottle_pour.jpg

sounds like you're staying right near the gate, across from the branch clinic. don't have too much fun over there :)

After my trip to the north shore, I followed highway 83 (Kamehameha Hmy) around the north and east side of the island. Slowly but surely there were dotted beautiful beaches all along the coast. If it weren't for all of the traffic, that curves on that road would make for a terrific ride as well!

FWIW, if I lived here, I probably would never show up for work. I would be out riding all of the time!

Tomorrow after running a few trips for my patient, I will do the south shore, with a stop into Ono's restaurant. Hope to take a bunch more pics too!

Now i really feel bad for not taking by busa out in like the last two months... and that used to be a good ride between 1230am-130 am during 5-0 turn over..
I no longer have a motorcycle, we now call it the garage ornament

Back