Hawaii???

Blue'87GT

Registered
Alright, here's the scenario...I had a six hour notice to pack and board a flight to Oahu to accompany someone for medical treatment. I'm here until Friday afternoon and have a rental car. I have never been here, so I don't know what to do! What are the top three things I HAVE to do, and where are the top three places I HAVE to eat before I leave here Friday? Please share your experiences!!!

Alright, here's the scenario...I had a six hour notice to pack and board a flight to Oahu to accompany someone for medical treatment. I'm here until Friday afternoon and have a rental car. I have never been here, so I don't know what to do! What are the top three things I HAVE to do, and where are the top three places I HAVE to eat before I leave here Friday? Please share your experiences!!!

North Shore, Nuff said!

I will ask my girls BF, he was born and bred there.
Later,
Bubba

Last edited:
Diamond head & hannama bay for snorkeling. Sacred falls were great for hiking but they shut it down. Have a blast and be safe!
Posted via Mobile Device

Diamond head & hannama bay for snorkeling. Sacred falls were great for hiking but they shut it down. Have a blast and be safe!
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow, Sacred falls, I forgot about that one. When did they shut that down? The wife and I did that hike in 1989. There are some other nice hikes in that area too, if I recall.

Bubba

Wow, Sacred falls, I forgot about that one. When did they shut that down? The wife and I did that hike in 1989. There are some other nice hikes in that area too, if I recall.

Bubba

I was told in 2001 some rock fell from the falls and killed a few tourists. I wanted to take my wife there in 02' for our honeymoon. Good mentioning the Arizona memorial kromdom. I ashamed that I forgot about that one. It's very moving to say the least.
Posted via Mobile Device

Alright, I'm headed to the Arizona memorial today along with diamondhead this afternoon. Walking on waikiki as well if time allows. Any good places to eat?

BTW, I will post pics when I get home, as this wifi in my hotel is as slow as dial-up!

Try a plate lunch from one of the sidewalk stands, ask any of the locals which one is good.

dont forget tho eat at L& L and any steak plate bussiness here.. monapuas and malasadas for snacks:laugh::laugh:

Arizona Memorial, Luau, Waikiki, North Shore great little stands near the Kahukus.

If you are staying in Waikiki, drive down Kalakaua Ave to the end then make a left before the Honolulu Zoo. Follow that road (Kapahulu) to the second stop light (maybe a third since a lot has changed since I left in 2004). You will see the fire station on the right. Right after that is Rainbow Drive Inn. Very good local food. Further up the road is Zippy's which will be on you right hand side too. Another good place for some good (Ono) food.

Well I hit the Arizona memorial and climbed Diamondhead today. That was a great hike, and I won a little bit of money! A buddy of mine bet that I couldn't climb it in under 20 minutes. I took a pic of my watch at the bottom and at the top...just under 17 minutes. Of course walking back down on rubber legs made it not really worth it!

I stopped at got some Spam Masubi from 7-11 on another recommendation, and it was okay I guess. Oh, and I don't think that monapuas is something I would eat for a snack! They do look good though.

What's behind Ala Moana mall? Dollar bill clubs?

Hawaiian-I'll hit that place up for lunch tomorrow. Gotta take the recommendation of a local!

Also, tomorrow I plan on making a trip up to the north shore. Any places I should or should not stop? Are the locals friendly to visitors up there? Are there any particular spots that I should hit, or is it just the drive that's great?

swing by the Dole Plantation for a quick snack/drink on your way to the North Shore. On the way back, take a pic in front of the China Man's Hat. Have you picked where you want to experience your luau? The Polynesian Cultural Center? http://www.polynesia.com/

Last edited:
I'm not sure I will be going to a luau, as it seems kind of funny to me to be going alone. Is it something that would be weird for one to go to? Also, what is that behind the mall that you had mentioned?

I'm not sure I will be going to a luau, as it seems kind of funny to me to be going alone. Is it something that would be weird for one to go to? Also, what is that behind the mall that you had mentioned?

IMHO, perfectly OK to do a luau solo. I heard :whistle: you will need a lot of dollar bills when you're down Kapiolani Street :laugh:

P.S. Are you a Navy Corpsman or Airforce Medic?

Last edited:
Stay away from the 1500 dollar "ladies". Baaaaaaahhhhhh!! lol They are nasty as he!! and think they are worth that much! (I had some come up to me when I was at a couple bars) I had to laugh when they threw that number out there!

IMHO, perfectly OK to do a luau solo. I heard :whistle: you will need a lot of dollar bills when you're down Kapiolani Street :laugh:

P.S. Are you a Navy Corpsman or Airforce Medic?

I'll probably hit up a luau then...just don't want to be the weird guy!
Dollar bills!!! I haven't been to one of those in a couple of years, I may have to drop by there this week!

Also, I am an AF Medic...but really here accompanying a co-worker as a medical assistant. Coverage in the event that something happens during the flight, and to coordinate his travel, get anything he needs while inpatient, etc.

Back