What do you know about hawaii?

If you are going to Oahu and want a quiet place away from all the people at Waikiki...than stay at the Kahala Resort.  I stayed out there in the late 90's.  It was spectacular.  I was a bit pricey,  I think.  The US govn't covered the bill, so I never actually saw it.

Here's a link  Kahala

Hope this helps..
A bit pricey, huh?  You think?  $400+ per night minimum all the way up to $1800.00 per night.  So that's where all our tax money goes to...government travel expenses.
I'm sure the government rate was not that high
wink.gif

Are you active duty or retired, I'm pretty sure one of the bases on Oahu has little bungalow style houses for rent. I also think there is a "military only" resort in the Waikiki area.

I have only been to Maui and I loved it, very relaxing, beautiful beaches, waterfalls and just most beautiful place I've ever seen.:)

I'm not a big fan of Oahu...like everyone has said already, just too crowded for my taste.   But I must admit..only been to Oahu once.  Been to Maui 6 or 7 times.  Love Maui.

Definitely check out the crater...but be forewarned...it is 10,000 ft, and as cool as it looks to hike into the crater....it is a beoch to hike back out:p

-Gotta take a cat out to Molokini to snorkel.
-Definitely take a drive around the island to (and past) Hana..just plain beautiful.
-Also check out the other end..it is breathtaking as well.
-MUST have at least one meal at Mommas Fishhouse.  (on the road to Hana)

We have stayed at several different places..the Grand Wailea and the Fairmont Kea Lani are both in the Wailea/Makena area and are fantastic.  Also kind of spendy..

We stayed @ Aston Kaanapali shores a few times as well (in Kaanapali...duh) and it was very nice..

Lots of cool stuff to do on Maui.  Most importantly, relax!  

Oh, good lunch spot is Kimo's in Lahina..

One disclaimer here.....it has been a few yrs since we've been over there...I'm sure some (many) things have changed..

Have fun!!

<!--EDIT|mjn
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149791660 -->

I'm not a big fan of Oahu...like everyone has said already, just too crowded for my taste.   But I must admit..only been to Oahu once.  Been to Maui 6 or 7 times.  Love Maui.

Definitely check out the crater...but be forewarned...it is 10,000 ft, and as cool as it looks to hike into the crater....it is a beoch to hike back out:p

-Gotta take a cat out to Molokini to snorkel.
-Definitely take a drive around the island to (and past) Hana..just plain beautiful.
-Also check out the other end..it is breathtaking as well.
-MUST have at least one meal at Mommas Fishhouse.  (on the road to Hana)

We have stayed at several different places..the Grand Wailea and the Fairmont Kea Lani are both in the Wailea/Makena area and are fantastic.  Also kind of spendy..

We stayed @ Aston Kaanapali shores a few times as well (in Kaanapali...duh) and it was very nice..

Lots of cool stuff to do on Maui.  Most importantly, relax!  

Oh, good lunch spot is Kimo's in Lahina..

One disclaimer here.....it has been a few yrs since we've been over there...I'm sure some (many) things have changed..

Have fun!!
Wow! Thanks MJN. I appreciate all the specifics. I'll look into it before we go in late Sept.

Back