Going to Hawaii in March

Hackabusa

Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned
Donating Member
Registered
I am going to Hawaii for work the begining of March, My questions are many fold, for those that live there, spend time there or have been there, I know there are some here. First what are somethings that I have to do when there. I am going to have some free time since I have to arrive three days before the conference since there are no flights later. Second, how upset am I going to be that I am busaless when there, looks like there are some really nice roads and beautiful scenery there. Third and I realize this is a long shot, but are there any places that you can rent a busa or any bike, kinda like in vegas where you can get all kinds of exotic/fast cars for the day? I would really love to ride around the island if possible.

What island are you going to and do you scuba dive? If so you really need to make a boat dive.
biggrin.gif

See, I knew you guys would have way better ideas than I have come up with. I will be on on Oahu, and I never even thought about scuba, or snorkel, will definitley have to try that. I will also plan on checking out Pearl, and the memorials.

What is pahcka loha, some type of food maybe??

See, I knew you guys would have way better ideas than I have come up with.  I will be on on Oahu, and I never even thought about scuba, or snorkel, will definitley have to try that.  I will also plan on checking out Pearl, and the memorials.

If you Scuba or Snorkel, just remember the rule of thumb. The prettier and more colorful the fish, the more dangerous it is.

And speaking of danger, don’t forget, I think cliff diving is a big thing in Hawaii.. So that might be cool to try if you think you might be into that.

You need to drive up to Hana. It has this wonderful natural pool surrounded by forests and has diving....long twisty drive. You'll be dying for the busa. There is a hotel up there too.

You need to watch out at the beaches for something called shorebreak. I almost became a quadraplegic for body surfing in huge wakes that break at the shore only. I was catapulted into the sand head first. the only thing that saved my neck from snapping in two was my shoulder hit a little bit causing me to have less pressure on my head.

You need to see the island of kauii.....it is beautiful.

See the arizona
the punchbowl
don't waste your time at diamondhead or honolulu....to busy with tourists and too crowded.

I'm moving there in Feb. Ya gotta see the view from diamondhead, I dont care how touristy it is.

Sea life park is cool just cause of the movie. North shore is a must. So is SCUBA. Hanauma bay is the best snorkeling I have ever seen.

Other than that, just rent a car and drive.

Aloha, Stu

[/QUOTE]

hehehe... it's pakalolo. lots of Suzuki's out there but very very few Hayabusas.  i'm from the spot and i personally have only seen a couple back home.  lots and lots of GSXR's though (and a lot of riders per capita in general) so you should be in good company if you roll through with a busa.  on an average Sunday you'll come across at least two packs of riders rolling at least ten deep, just to give you a ball park figure of what it's like.  but beware b/c cops aren't forgiving for speeding (or anything else for that matter), and the limit is no higher than 60 so i dont think you'll have to much fun as far as the highways go, but im sure you'll get more "oh my God is that a Hayabusa?" looks than you bargained for if you so much as roll up to the grocery store in it.  either way, i'm sure you'll enjoy it there.

You can rent harleys on maui. I rented at kanapalli 24 hours for 100.00 dollars.They also had dodge viper for 200.00, and ferrari 308 for 200.00. All very nice. Road to Hana is the bomb.. I had never ridden a big harley before, nice ride with passenger.

Back